showing off my new drying rack

Discussion in 'Growing Information' started by u.g.u, Jul 19, 2006.

1. u.g.u

u.g.u Registered+

Just had to show off my new drying rack I built yesterday it consits of 12 2' x 3' trays covered in aluminum screen it has a bottom shelf that can be fitted with a piece of glass for any keif that falls off I have to get that cut still. For everything it only cost $120 by my guess I could get at least a lb on each tray. I use my bedroom for drying it is nice I won't have anything hanging above my head anymore.

Attached Files:

2. iwantFUEGO

iwantFUEGO Registered+

thats cool... but i dont think ill ever be drying 12 pounds in my room...

but hey, if you ever needed to, you could right? ;D

3. u.g.u

u.g.u Registered+

ya its a little bigger than I needed but I figured I will grow into it.

4. 4x5

4x5 Registered+

I use old darkroom trays with screen on them, works super. Nice rack.

5. m.g.

m.g. Banned

but a ball of string costs only a buck and a half and will dry a lot more than that...but string isn't near as pretty as your racks.

6. u.g.u

u.g.u Registered+

I did that for a while if I had a dedicated room it would be fine but over my bed sucked it would fall in the middle of the night and the hairs all over it was lame.

7. u.g.u

u.g.u Registered+

9 out of 12 should be a good month

Attached Files:

1 person likes this.
  8. u.g.u i noticed your from so cal mind if i ask you a few question this heat wave and humidity whre having is killing me but more imporatn i think its gonna kill my babies i was just wondering what your doing to control the humidity because thtas deffently my biggest concern

9. Zandor

Zandor Registered+

Very nice U.G.U :thumbsup:

10. u.g.u

u.g.u Registered+

I have a 9000 btu ac in each of my rooms with a 50 pint dehumidifier I run sealed syestem I did have to switch to bottled co2 instead of the generater so that is costing me too I figured the next 2 months it will run me about $450 per room per cycle for co2 and I just got a $1115 sdge bill so in all an extra $750 a month more than normal sucks I use to live by the beach I never even ran an ac all summer

11. yea i was thinking i was going to have to get a dihumdifier yea i live off the beach cities so normaly i have a nice breeze but not lately

12. jamstigator

jamstigator Registered+

Very nice do-it-yourself rack! (Never thought I'd tell a dude he had a nice rack!)

I use the string-and-safety-pin method myself, because I'm a cheap, lazy bastid. Of course, I don't have, and will never have, 12 pounds to dry. ;)

13. u.g.u

u.g.u Registered+

Thanks Zandor and jamstigator.URACOTTONPICKER check craigslist for the dehuy I just picked an extra one up for $50 the same model that I already was using that I paid over $200 for I couldn't pass it up at that price.