Sick plants! Somebody please help!!

Discussion in 'Plant Problems' started by DoctorJ, Sep 8, 2017.

1. DoctorJ

DoctorJ Registered+

2. roy L davis

roy L davis Registered

magneisium diffiencey

3. DoctorJ

DoctorJ Registered+

Thanks Roy. Would some cal-mag supplement with my next watering take care of that?

• Like Like x 1
  4. roy L davis

roy L davis Registered

i would recomend that, however follow instructions, you wanna make sure you do not add too much, they will do fine, happens to 50% of growers.

5. roy L davis

roy L davis Registered

also epsom salt could be possibly benificial, a few tablespoons mixed with a gallon of water will do the trick as well

6. DoctorJ

DoctorJ Registered+

Will do. Thanks again for the advice

7. Weezard

Weezard Registered+

Looks more like PH lockout to me.
    I'd up-pot with fresh soil before I tried adding anything.
    The new growth looks OK, so it's still fixable.
    The old leaves will not survive the plant raided them for what she needed.

Aloha,
    Wee 'zard

8. DoctorJ

DoctorJ Registered+

What about flushing before I try re- potting?

9. Weezard

Weezard Registered+

I wouldn't. Simply because they are already root bound and that makes maintaining the soil chemistry and PH range very difficult. (Not enough buffering.)

It would go mo' betta if you just let it dry out a little.
    Put some fresh, moist, soil in a larger container Until the rim of the old one is level with the new one.
    Then fill in moist, (not wet), soil around the old pot.
    Tamp it down a little, (not a lot).
    Then lift out the old pot, put your hand flat on the soil with the stem between your fingers, turn it upside down and tap the rim on the edge of a table.
    The plant, with an intact rootball, will drop onto your hand.

Carefully, in a fluid motion, set you ladies feet into the "shoe" you just created and there will be no "transplant shock" at all.
    Water just a tad around the edge of the old soil to eliminate air pockets, cut the light by about 50% for a couple days and the roots will leap from the slightly dry soil into the new, moist soil. When she shows a growth spurt go back to your watering schedule.

Oh, and don't cut the damaged fans off. When she has taken all she needs from them she will form an abscission layer to protect against infection and drop them.

Aloha,
    Wee 'zard

10. DoctorJ

DoctorJ Registered+

One of the sick plants is in a 5 gallon bucket. Seems like a tough job to just tip her upside down like that. Will the root ball be pretty stable if I let the dirt dry out some? I'm afraid of losing half my root structure when I go to flip it

11. Weezard

Weezard Registered+

If it's already in a 5 gallon bucket it should be OK until the plant is > 5 feet tall.
    Can not see that from your pictures. I see what looks like a 2 gallon bucket

12. DoctorJ

DoctorJ Registered+

Yeah one of them is in either a 2 or 3 gallon pot. It's about 32" tall. But that's the plant i care the most about. It's death star. The rest are assorted bag seed

13. Weezard

Weezard Registered+

Suggest that you take, and root, some cutting from her. Just in case.

14. DoctorJ

DoctorJ Registered+

Yeah I was thinking the same thing. Should I just go ahead and re- pot that one the way you described before or should I take the cuttings first?

15. Weezard

Weezard Registered+

I'd take two before, and two after.
    In fact, I just did with an Icebreaker.

Only had one seed, it was a freebie that came with my order.
    Feminized, yay!
    Took cuts before, and after. They took about the same amount of time to throw roots.

Will annoy one of the cuts with 660nm, interrupts in flower until it goes hermie
    Then, I'll make hundreds of seeds for future crosses.

Ain't momma nature grand? :)

Aloha,
    Weeze

16. aaronmagana

aaronmagana Registered

Our products are always trimmed and packed in safe and sanitary conditions.Entirecannabis offer's Indoor/out door medical marijuana weed strains, cannabis oil and products at maderate prices. Lost of Appetite,Migraine Headaches,Insomnia, Chronic Pains,Digestive Disorders,Anxiety Disorders,Stress hook up aaronmagana76@gmail.com Text me at (517) 628-4630

• Dumb Dumb x 1
  17. DoctorJ

DoctorJ Registered+

Hey weez i took a few cuttings and got those started. The soil for the clones should be kept constantly moist right?

18. Weezard

Weezard Registered+

Yes. I just pop them into a beer bottle full of tap water and put them under subdued light. They root in about a week.

19. DoctorJ

DoctorJ Registered+

Cool. Thanks again for all the advice.