Specific Med Strains, Specific Uses! Nice list.

Discussion in 'Marijuana Strains' started by stinkyattic, Feb 12, 2007.

1. jadene

jadene Registered+

Thanks for this list. I was on 13 different medications for my different illnesses, I recently had to change doctors and of course she wants to start over with all new test and no meds until she decided what she wants to give. anyway a long story short i was never a mj smoker when i was young but i have had a lot of people tell me to try it, well after suffering for two months i finally got the nerve up to try it. Oh no not good, i chocked so much and my throat burned for two days. so now i am gong to try the pill form. My question to you is can i mix the different kinds that would cover all my problems into one pill and do you think it would work? I will never be on meds and at the mercy of a doctor again. there were three of the drugs that i was not to just stop taking and was left to do just that so any help and information anyone can give me i would be so greatfull . I live in Michigan and can grow 12 plants so if this works for me i can grow my own medication. thanks again for such a helpful list.

2. MicheleHHP

MicheleHHP Registered+

Food sensitivities, can translate to herbal, also. Im a holistic health practitioner w lots sensitivities, And access to lots of herbal formulations to try.I go to an allergy nutritionist, who uses a machine and muscle testing to figure out(great accuracy track record) Potent Herbs ,that I loved the smell of, YUP, was sensitive to. Ashwaganda being one of many.Herbs are powerful proceed w caution. Being reative as I am, some strais i vape, wake up w congestion, or feeling off instead of better, get given away.So far, Harlequin(17% CBD, and san fernando valley, ends my backpain(injury) and is effective also the next day! miracle!

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. J47

J47 Banned

Good lists ) By the way, I've heard of one company ALPHALA, they spreading medical marijuana, who knows what the sorts they sell?

4. Luama

Luama Registered+

I gratefully thank ALL of you for caring enough to pass on useful and important info (esp for us newbies) and God for making you and the herb, too. Amen.:thumbsup:

• Winner Winner x 1
  5. Shovelhandle

Shovelhandle Registered+

Afghani Dream is great for.... dreaming. Afghani is a good sedative.

6. Gayooooho

Gayooooho Registered+

Strange taste

Hi! Can u explane me pls what taste of chemical strains? is it sickeningly? https://cannasos.com/strains/hybrid/chemdawg this strain review says it taste like diesel and not only! Is it really like smoking diesel? I likes effects in this review but taste scares me..

7. nf2er

nf2er Registered+

New to this well kinda. I have tumors on my brain, neck, and spine mainly but have a few others inside my body . Anyway I have a lot of paun all day everyday and I want ti stay off meds that are narcotic. Been researching and I was wanting to know what strains are good for say nerve pain.?

8. nf2er

nf2er Registered+

Anyone ever heard if cherry thunderfuck ? That was some of the best fire I've had close second to blackberry kong .

9. Ben Larma

Ben Larma Registered

Some very good strains are listed here: budsoasis.com, there you will see exactly what strains has been successfully used for.

10. surejam123

surejam123 Registered+

For some people like my wife could have a couple of bones out in her back and she knows when there out by the same symptoms so she asks me to pop her she puts her left hand on her right shoulder and then her right hand on her left shoulder , turns her back tward me and has me lift her up from the elbows and most of the time the bones that are out oin her bach pop and when I let her down she's fine headache imediately goes away.. this move works on her 90% of the time !

11. surejam123

surejam123 Registered+

I remember those days back in the sixties

• Like Like x 1
  12. surejam123

surejam123 Registered+

Get on some RSO The real rick simpson oil A regiment of 60 grams in a 90 day perion should fix you right up

13. surejam123

surejam123 Registered+

Some google searches = Run from the cure, Dr. Sanja Gupta, Phenix tears, After decades of claiming that cannabis has no medicinal value, the U.S. government is finally admitting that cannabis can kill cancer cells.
    In the most recent update to the National Cancer Institute’s (NCI) website included a listing of studies, which indicated anti-tumor effects of cannabis treatment.
    The site goes on to list other beneficial uses, which include: anti-inflammatory activity, blocking cell growth, preventing the growth of blood vessels that supply tumors, antiviral activity and relieving muscle spasms caused by multiple sclerosis.

Several scientific studies have given indications of these beneficial properties in the past, and this past April the US government’s National Institute on Drug Abuse (NIDA) revised their publications to suggest cannabis could shrink brain tumors by killing off cancer cells, stating, “marijuana can kill certain cancer cells and reduce the size of others.”

Research on marijuana’s potential as a medicine has been stifled for decades by federal restrictions, even though nearly half of the states and the District of Columbia have legalized medical marijuana in some form.

Although cannabis has been increasingly legalized by states, the federal government still classifies marijuana as a Schedule 1 drug — along with heroin and ecstasy — defining it as having no medical benefits and a potential for abuse.

billion spent on marijuana research, by the National Institute of Health, absurdly involves the study of abuse and addiction, with only $297 million being spent researching potential medical benefits.
    Judging by the spending levels, it seems the feds have a vested interest in keeping public opinion of cannabis negative. Perhaps “Big Pharma” is utilizing their financial influence over politicians in an effort to maintain a stranglehold on the medical treatment market.

Other Cannabis Related New Articles:

Marijuana Is Medicine - Journal Of The American Medical Association

Mother Faces Two Year Jail Time For Saving Sons Life With Medical Cannabis Oil

Marijuana Cure : U.S. Government Owns The Patent on Cannabis Cures

Marijuana Cure Cancer: U.S. Govt. Acknowledges Cannabis As Alternative Treatment For Cancer
    Marijuana Is Medicine - Journal Of The American Medical Association
    Home » Cannabis Oil » Marijuana » Medical Marijuana » Marijuana Is Medicine - Journal Of The American Medical Association
    As reported earlier, U.S. government owns the patent on Cannabis Cures and U.S. govt. acknowledges cannabis as alternative treatment for cancer.
    Now Journal Of The American Medical Association (JAMA) also concludes Cannabis — which has been used medicinally for thousands of years — reduces nausea, and vomiting, and pain, as well as spasticity, a panel of researchers conclude, after reviewing a total of 79 trials. Read More

“Use of marijuana for chronic pain, neuropathic pain, and spasticity due to multiple sclerosis is supported by high-quality evidence,” one of the reports found. Read More
    The federal government maintains marijuana / cannabis is a highly dangerous drug with no medical use.

ABSTRACT
    ABSTRACT | MR Z: HIS VIEW | SEARCH METHODS AND RESULTS | MEDICAL MARIJUANA: SCIENTIFIC RATIONALE AND PRACTICAL IMPLICATIONS | PHARMACOLOGY OF MARIJUANA | MEDICAL INDICATIONS FOR CANNABINOIDS | RISKS AND BENEFITS OF CANNABINOIDS | EVALUATION OF A PATIENT FOR MEDICAL MARIJUANA CERTIFICATION | RECOMMENDATIONS FOR MR Z | QUESTIONS AND DISCUSSION | CONCLUSIONS | ARTICLE INFORMATION | REFERENCES
    Importance As of March 2015, 23 states and the District of Columbia had medical marijuana laws in place. Physicians should know both the scientific rationale and the practical implications for medical marijuana laws.
    Objective To review the pharmacology, indications, and laws related to medical marijuana use.
    Evidence Review The medical literature on medical marijuana was reviewed from 1948 to March 2015 via MEDLINE with an emphasis on 28 randomized clinical trials of cannabinoids as pharmacotherapy for indications other than those for which there are 2 US Food and Drug Administration–approved cannabinoids (dronabinol and nabilone), which include nausea and vomiting associated with chemotherapy and appetite stimulation in wasting illnesses.
    Findings Use of marijuana for chronic pain, neuropathic pain, and spasticity due to multiple sclerosis is supported by high-quality evidence. Six trials that included 325 patients examined chronic pain, 6 trials that included 396 patients investigated neuropathic pain, and 12 trials that included 1600 patients focused on multiple sclerosis. Several of these trials had positive results, suggesting that marijuana or cannabinoids may be efficacious for these indications.
    Conclusions and Relevance Medical marijuana is used to treat a host of indications, a few of which have evidence to support treatment with marijuana and many that do not. Physicians should educate patients about medical marijuana to ensure that it is used appropriately and that patients will benefit from its use.
    Cannabinoids for Medical Use: A Systematic Review and Meta-analysis FREE
    http://jama.jamanetwork.com/article.aspx?articleid=2338251
    http://jama.jamanetwork.com/article.aspx?articleid=2338266
    http://jama.jamanetwork.com/article.aspx?articleid=2466118

• Winner Winner x 2
  14. surejam123

surejam123 Registered+

15. surejam123

surejam123 Registered+

Normal Library artical on Introduction to the Endocannabinoid System
    Dustin Sulak, DO
    Integr8 Health

As you read this review of the scientific literature regarding the therapeutic effects of cannabis and cannabinoids, one thing will become quickly evident: cannabis has a profound influence on the human body. This one herb and its variety of therapeutic compounds seem to affect every aspect of our bodies and minds. How is this possible?

At our integrative medical clinics in Maine and Massachusetts, my colleagues and I treat over 18,000 patients with a huge diversity of diseases and symptoms. In one day I might see cancer, Crohn's disease, epilepsy, chronic pain, multiple sclerosis, insomnia, Tourette's syndrome and eczema, just to name a few. All of these conditions have different causes, different physiologic states, and vastly different symptoms. The patients are old and young. Some are undergoing conventional therapy. Others are on a decidedly alternative path. Yet despite their differences, almost all of my patients would agree on one point: cannabis helps their condition.

As a physician, I am naturally wary of any medicine that purports to cure-all. Panaceas, snake-oil remedies, and expensive fads often come and go, with big claims but little scientific or clinical evidence to support their efficacy. As I explore the therapeutic potential of cannabis, however, I find no lack of evidence. In fact, I find an explosion of scientific research on the therapeutic potential of cannabis, more evidence than one can find on some of the most widely used therapies of conventional medicine.

At the time of updating (February 2015), a PubMed search for scientific journal articles published in the last 20 years containing the word "cannabis" revealed 8,637 results. Add the word "cannabinoid," and the results increase to 20,991 articles. That's an average of more than two scientific publications per day over the last 20 years! These numbers not only illustrate the present scientific interest and financial investment in understanding more about cannabis and its components, but they also emphasize the need for high quality reviews and summaries such as the document you are about to read.

How can one herb help so many different conditions? How can it provide both palliative and curative actions? How can it be so safe while offering such powerful effects? The search to answer these questions has led scientists to the discovery of a previously unknown physiologic system, a central component of the health and healing of every human and almost every animal: the endocannabinoid system.

What Is The Endocannabinoid System?
    The endogenous cannabinoid system, named after the plant that led to its discovery, is perhaps the most important physiologic system involved in establishing and maintaining human health. Endocannabinoids and their receptors are found throughout the body: in the brain, organs, connective tissues, glands, and immune cells. In each tissue, the cannabinoid system performs different tasks, but the goal is always the same: homeostasis, the maintenance of a stable internal environment despite fluctuations in the external environment.

Cannabinoids promote homeostasis at every level of biological life, from the sub-cellular, to the organism, and perhaps to the community and beyond. Here's one example: autophagy, a process in which a cell sequesters part of its contents to be self-digested and recycled, is mediated by the cannabinoid system. While this process keeps normal cells alive, allowing them to maintain a balance between the synthesis, degradation, and subsequent recycling of cellular products, it has a deadly effect on malignant tumor cells, causing them to consume themselves in a programmed cellular suicide. The death of cancer cells, of course, promotes homeostasis and survival at the level of the entire organism.

Endocannabinoids and cannabinoids are also found at the intersection of the body's various systems, allowing communication and coordination between different cell types. At the site of an injury, for example, cannabinoids can be found decreasing the release of activators and sensitizers from the injured tissue, stabilizing the nerve cell to prevent excessive firing, and calming nearby immune cells to prevent release of pro-inflammatory substances. Three different mechanisms of action on three different cell types for a single purpose: minimize the pain and damage caused by the injury.

The endocannabinoid system, with its complex actions in our immune system, nervous system, and all of the body's organs, is literally a bridge between body and mind. By understanding this system we begin to see a mechanism that explains how states of consciousness can promote health or disease.

In addition to regulating our internal and cellular homeostasis, cannabinoids influence a person's relationship with the external environment. Socially, the administration of cannabinoids clearly alters human behavior, often promoting sharing, humor, and creativity. By mediating neurogenesis, neuronal plasticity, and learning, cannabinoids may directly influence a person's open-mindedness and ability to move beyond limiting patterns of thought and behavior from past situations. Reformatting these old patterns is an essential part of health in our quickly changing environment.

What Are Cannabinoid Receptors?
    Sea squirts, tiny nematodes, and all vertebrate species share the endocannabinoid system as an essential part of life and adaptation to environmental changes. By comparing the genetics of cannabinoid receptors in different species, scientists estimate that the endocannabinoid system evolved in primitive animals over 600 million years ago.

While it may seem we know a lot about cannabinoids, the estimated twenty thousand scientific articles have just begun to shed light on the subject. Large gaps likely exist in our current understanding, and the complexity of interactions between various cannabinoids, cell types, systems and individual organisms challenges scientists to think about physiology and health in new ways. The following brief overview summarizes what we do know.

Cannabinoid receptors are present throughout the body, embedded in cell membranes, and are believed to be more numerous than any other receptor system. When cannabinoid receptors are stimulated, a variety of physiologic processes ensue. Researchers have identified two cannabinoid receptors: CB1, predominantly present in the nervous system, connective tissues, gonads, glands, and organs; and CB2, predominantly found in the immune system and its associated structures. Many tissues contain both CB1 and CB2 receptors, each linked to a different action. Researchers speculate there may be a third cannabinoid receptor waiting to be discovered.

Endocannabinoids are the substances our bodies naturally make to stimulate these receptors. The two most well understood of these molecules are called anandamide and 2-arachidonoylglycerol (2-AG). They are synthesized on-demand from cell membrane arachidonic acid derivatives, have a local effect and short half-life before being degraded by the enzymes fatty acid amide hydrolase (FAAH) and monoacylglycerol lipase (MAGL).

Phytocannabinoids are plant substances that stimulate cannabinoid receptors. Delta-9-tetrahydrocannabinol, or THC, is the most psychoactive and certainly the most famous of these substances, but other cannabinoids such as cannabidiol (CBD) and cannabinol (CBN) are gaining the interest of researchers due to a variety of healing properties. Most phytocannabinoids have been isolated from cannabis sativa, but other medical herbs, such as echinacea purpura, have been found to contain non-psychoactive cannabinoids as well.

Interestingly, the cannabis plant also uses THC and other cannabinoids to promote its own health and prevent disease. Cannabinoids have antioxidant properties that protect the leaves and flowering structures from ultraviolet radiation - cannabinoids neutralize the harmful free radicals generated by UV rays, protecting the cells. In humans, free radicals cause aging, cancer, and impaired healing. Antioxidants found in plants have long been promoted as natural supplements to prevent free radical harm.

Laboratories can also produce cannabinoids. Synthetic THC, marketed as dronabinol (Marinol), and nabilone (Cesamet), a THC analog, are both FDA approved drugs for the treatment of severe nausea and wasting syndrome. Some clinicians have found them helpful in the off-label treatment of chronic pain, migraine, and other serious conditions. Many other synthetic cannabinoids are used in animal research, and some have potency up to 600 times that of THC.

Cannabis, The Endocannabinoid System, And Good Health
    As we continue to sort through the emerging science of cannabis and cannabinoids, one thing remains clear: a functional cannabinoid system is essential for health. From embryonic implantation on the wall of our mother's uterus, to nursing and growth, to responding to injuries, endocannabinoids help us survive in a quickly changing and increasingly hostile environment. As I realized this, I began to wonder: can an individual enhance his/her cannabinoid system by taking supplemental cannabis? Beyond treating symptoms, beyond even curing disease, can cannabis help us prevent disease and promote health by stimulating an ancient system that is hard-wired into all of us?

I now believe the answer is yes. Research has shown that small doses of cannabinoids from cannabis can signal the body to make more endocannabinoids and build more cannabinoid receptors. This is why many first-time cannabis users don't feel an effect, but by their second or third time using the herb they have built more cannabinoid receptors and are ready to respond. More receptors increase a person's sensitivity to cannabinoids; smaller doses have larger effects, and the individual has an enhanced baseline of endocannabinoid activity. I believe that small, regular doses of cannabis might act as a tonic to our most central physiologic healing system.

Many physicians cringe at the thought of recommending a botanical substance, and are outright mortified by the idea of smoking a medicine. Our medical system is more comfortable with single, isolated substances that can be swallowed or injected. Unfortunately, this model significantly limits the therapeutic potential of cannabinoids.

Unlike synthetic derivatives, herbal cannabis may contain over one hundred different cannabinoids, including THC, which all work synergistically to produce better medical effects and less side effects than THC alone. While cannabis is safe and works well when smoked, many patients prefer to avoid respiratory irritation and instead use a vaporizer, cannabis tincture, or topical salve. Scientific inquiry and patient testimonials both indicate that herbal cannabis has superior medical qualities to synthetic cannabinoids.

In 1902 Thomas Edison said, "There were never so many able, active minds at work on the problems of disease as now, and all their discoveries are tending toward the simple truth that you can't improve on nature." Cannabinoid research has proven this statement is still valid.

So, is it possible that medical cannabis could be the most useful remedy to treat the widest variety of human diseases and conditions, a component of preventative healthcare, and an adaptive support in our increasingly toxic, carcinogenic environment? Yes. This was well known to the indigenous medical systems of ancient India, China, and Tibet, and as you will find in this report, is becoming increasingly well known by Western science. Of course, we need more human-based research studying the effectiveness of cannabis, but the evidence base is already large and growing constantly, despite the DEA's best efforts to discourage cannabis-related research.

Does your doctor understand the benefit of medical cannabis? Can he or she advise you in the proper indications, dosage, and route of administration? Likely not. Despite the two largest U.S. physician associations (American Medical Association and American College of Physicians) calling for more research, the U.S. Congress prohibiting federal interference in states' medical cannabis programs, a 5,000 year history of safe therapeutic use, and a huge amount of published research, most doctors know little or nothing about medical cannabis.

This is changing, in part because the public is demanding it. People want safe, natural and inexpensive treatments that stimulate our bodies' ability to self-heal and help our population improve its quality of life. Medical cannabis is one such solution. This summary is an excellent tool for spreading the knowledge and helping to educate patients and healthcare providers on the scientific evidence behind the medical use of cannabis and cannabinoids.

• Like Like x 1
  16. surejam123

surejam123 Registered+

Right now Isreal is useing cannabis to cure people in their hospitals God said in his book that in the last days that He would raise up for His people a plant of RENOUN , a healing hreb of the field .... Hellow ... Way back when --- The high preists used it as one of the ingredients of the Holy Anointing Oil It was called kenah bosum similar to canna bis Todays name change of Hemp and marijuana ? Hebrew Bible[edit]
    The holy anointing oil described in Exodus 30:22-25 was created from:[2][3]
    Pure myrrh (מר דרור mar deror) 500 shekels (about 6 kg)
    Sweet cinnamon (קינמון בשם kinnemon besem) 250 shekels (about 3 kg)
    Kaneh bosem (קְנֵה-בֹשֶׂם kaneh bosm) 250 shekels (about 3 kg)
    Cassia (קדה kiddah) 500 shekels (about 6 kg)
    Olive oil (שמן זית shemen sayith) one hin (about 5 quarts according to Adam Clarke; about 4 liters according to Shiurei Torah, 7 liters according to the Chazon Ish)
    Jesus came as a High Priest in the "Order of Melchizedek" (Hebrew 7)... ALL high priests before Jesus came used the kaneh bosm oil (Hebrew/Latin/Cannabis) on those who they deemed worthy enough to use it thus leaving out many sick, poor and/or disabled ... Jesus as High Priest told the lawmakers (Pharisees/Sadyousees) that the Oil was to be used by ALL people especially the sick, poor and/or disabled ... (Selah) Genesis 1.29
    qâneh kaw-neh' From H7069; a reed (as erect); by resemblance a rod (especially for measuring), shaft, tube, stem, the radius (of the arm), beam (of a steelyard): - balance, bone, branch, calamus, cane, reed, X spearman, stalk.
    According to Exodus Chapter 30 Verse 22;"Moreover, the LORD spoke to Moses, saying, 23"Take also for yourself the finest of spices: of flowing myrrh five hundred shekels, and of fragrant cinnamon half as much, two hundred and fifty, and of fragrant cane two hundred and fifty,…"Cassia is another primary ingredient.
    The "plant of renown" , mentioned in (Ezekiel 34:29- And I will raise up for them a plant of renown, and they shall be no more consumed with hunger in the land, neither bear the shame of the heathen any more.)
    Etymology of Kaneh Bosm
    The plant name cannabis (Latin) is from Greek κάνναβις (kánnabis). Hebrew קַנַּבּוֹס (qannabbôs) < קְנֵה בֹּשֶׂם (qěnēh bośem)(or kaneh Bosm) Ancient Greek kánnabis is transcribed from a Scythian term in probably the earliest (ca. 440 BCE) reference to recreational cannabis use.
    “Both in the original Hebrew text of the Old Testament and in the
    Aramaic translation, the word ‘kaneh’ or ‘ keneh’ is used either alone or linked to the adjective bosm in Hebrew and busma in Aramaic, meaning aromatic. It is ‘cana’ in Sanskrit, ‘qunnabu’ in Assyrian, ‘kenab’ in Persian, ‘kannab’ in Arabic and ‘kanbun’ un /chaldean.

Dennis Robinson 9 months ago
    I bow to no god or goddesses, I am my own god. Nature is my mentor my teacher and I am forever a student. It is inherent in our nature to seek Cannabis as it produces the same chemical compound that our body naturally produces and needs. Those that oppose Cannabis oppose nature and their only desire is to steal from us our peace in both mind and body to make us slaves, human livestock dependent on them and not the Natural world around us which is our true creator. When we use cannabis for all it's intended purposes our earth is cleaned and sustainable and we don't want war and we have no hunger or sickness. It is our responsibility to keep nature pristine as well as our bodies.

17. surejam123

surejam123 Registered+

1793474_orig.jpg

• Informative Informative x 1
  18. surejam123

surejam123 Registered+

19. ^^^^^^^^^^^^$*! top grade marijuana,weeds,hempoil,wax,hash,shatter and MDMA (Ecstasy or Molly),pain relief,anxiety medication,Weight loss pills. oxy ,roxy ,xanax..
    text me at :5036106763

$****************

• Dumb Dumb x 2
  20. lanette

lanette Registered

Has anyone had any experience with the strains for migraines? I have recently gotten a DAITH piercing for migraines. Mine are awful. When I SMOKE it makes them worse. However, I have never tried a strain specifically for this reason. I am hoping my piercing takes care of most to all my chronic migraine issues... but would love to have a strain that would take care of the issues that arise where the piercing doesn't help. I HATE taking medication- so this would be wonderful if there are testimonials of these strains working for migraines. Thanks!