State of the Tent #0

Discussion in 'Grow Log' started by Wagonweed, Oct 18, 2016.

1. Wagonweed

Wagonweed Registered+

It's almost done, just few more things to tackle but it's good enough to start new log and share!

IMAG1397_1.jpg

Should be right around 500w of actual led power draw!

IMAG1398_1.jpg

IMAG1400_1.jpg
    More orange bud and one mystery seed still vegging.

I'll keep vegging until Nov and then flip so they will be ready right around new years.

• Like Like x 3
  2. Wagonweed

Wagonweed Registered+

Well I didn't account for the extra 400 watts of heat doh!
    Duct fan won't cut it, going to have to get a real inline fan.
    Right now I can leave the door open and it's manageable, so I'll have to get new fan before flower time.
    Door closed was 95-97f it didn't stay closed for long.

• Like Like x 1
  3. OGiesel

OGiesel Registered+

Where do you have said duct located? & do you have any intake ports at the bottom of your tent?

4. Wagonweed

Wagonweed Registered+

IMAG1410_1.jpg
    Here.

I do need to seal up some potential air leaks.
    The door is just some poly right now so I left a gap at the bottom of it 2"-3" for intake.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Wagonweed

Wagonweed Registered+

Plants are growing fast, topped several more spots on them and did some pruning. Two are very bushy and all have very close internode space. One of the ob is lagging behind the rest. Transplanted the seedling and topped it too, It's doing great.

I did a test and shut off the 300w panel, my heat dropped down to 82-84f. So it's manageable now. What to do, upgrade exhaust setup to keep extra panel or take it out and leave it alone..
    I'd push back flower if I go the upgrade route until I get funds for the equipment. I also want to get all the kinks out of this grow before I run some new strains.

IMAG1428_1.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  6. OGiesel

OGiesel Registered+

:thumbsup: honestly, I think that those temps from all 3 lights running might even be beneficial to you during the late end of the bloom cycle, it should help out on resin production if anything. as long as it doesn't appear to be affecting your plants, why worry? Don't get me wrong, those temp are high, but its not overkill either. if the plants can handle it, leave em in. if you see any signs of heat stress, I'd chance the setup.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Wagonweed

Wagonweed Registered+

Ya I'd like to have all three going without investing any more $ at the moment.
    Grow is in a crawlspace and the winter helps keep the temps down. Today we are -1c outside, I left all three lights on for couple hours and the temps are sitting at 88f in the tent with door closed. A bit better that's for sure.
    It's only going to get colder out so I think it won't get too hot in there.
    The other issue I may have is the smell in flower. If this exhaust can't keep up then I'll have to upgrade all the same.

8. OGiesel

OGiesel Registered+

I'm guessing this is a stealth grow? when you say crawlspace, is this in the attic or under the house? & damn you got a pretty cold climate over there.

9. redtails

redtails Registered+

It's 90F here, glad I'm not where you are!

10. Wagonweed

Wagonweed Registered+

Yep welcome to Canada! Snows a bit early though. Shouldn't be this cold or snowing for at least a month but it's not abnormal.

11. Wagonweed

Wagonweed Registered+

Yeah all stealth. Under house, just a big ass empty space for storage and growing.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Wagonweed

Wagonweed Registered+

PhotoGrid_1478124102820_1.jpg
    15 days under new lights.

Gonna veg for one more week then it's flower time!

• Like Like x 2
  13. Wagonweed

Wagonweed Registered+

Well I got spider mites dammit.
    Wasn't too sure for about a week or so but I know now that's what these white spots are spreading through out the plants.
    Time for my first battle with these things.

• Like Like x 1
  14. DirtyBlueGene

DirtyBlueGene Registered+

Aw man, that sucks. Do you have a battle plan to deal with those fuckers? I'm not sure what to use anymore since Ontario has banned most insecticides.

15. shelton abbey

shelton abbey Registered+

Worse things ever ...good luck bro

16. OGiesel

OGiesel Registered+

So thankful I've never Had an encounter with those little devils, good luck to ya

17. Wagonweed

Wagonweed Registered+

Ya I'm looking at getting predator mites. Friends said they work great just keep up treatment for awhile. I'll see if my local grow shops have any. They are living so they need to be fresh.
    That or use neem oil is the other option.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. Wagonweed

Wagonweed Registered+

I read cayenne pepper mixed with water works well. Doesn't harm the plant and it's natural so no chemicals.

• Like Like x 1
  19. DirtyBlueGene

DirtyBlueGene Registered+

I'm not so sure about that one, I know it works to deter animals from your vegetable garden as the animal can taste and feel the burn from cayenne, not so sure about insects. Your veggies get washed before eaten so no issue there, but bud is soooo sticky that I doubt it could be washed off. Wouldn't worry me in veg stage but in flower it could make for some spicy smoke. hot.gif :D

• Agree Agree x 2
  20. Wagonweed

Wagonweed Registered+

lol ya probably wouldn't use it if there's buds on them. They are only a day or two on 12/12. So no problem there.

This is what I read "Cayenne works well against insects that feed on plant tissue, such as spider mites, helping to kill any existing mites while deterring future mites from visiting the area.
    Cayenne's capsaicin kills mites by damaging their nervous system"

The nematode predator mites are not cheap about $80 for a pack. If the cayenne works would be great. If not I'll buy the right shit for the job. The next money I wanted to spend on the grow was new fan and filter.

Trying it out tomorrow for a couple weeks. See if the new growth looks better by then.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1