State of the Tent #0

Discussion in 'Grow Log' started by Wagonweed, Oct 18, 2016.

1. DirtyBlueGene

DirtyBlueGene Registered+

$80.... yikes... try the pepper, bro. ;)

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Wagonweed

Wagonweed Registered+

The pepper killed them or just slowed them down. I don't see any attack on new growth but I really don't think I eradicated them. I'm in flower about 11 days. I'll be getting some predator mites soon just in case.

IMAG1519_1.jpg
    Temps still max at 91f, I expect it to drop a bit when winter hits but not by much. Low is 68f. It's very dry in there, rh sits 28-33ish. Tried to bump it up with a dish of water but it's not doing much.
    Growth is moving along quicker than the last run, I contribute it to all the extra light. Tent is smelling nice already.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Wagonweed

Wagonweed Registered+

Day 20 of 12/12
    IMAG1598_2.jpg
    Bottom left plant got a little neglected but is starting to recover now.
    The stretch is basically over. The sativa sure exploded. I noticed branches break far more easily during flower than in veg. I snapped 4 in the last week and 0 during veg. I also realized the same thing happening in my earlier grows just didn't put it together. Note for future, be gentle in flower!

I know the mystery seed is Pink Cadillac. took two clones from her and just got some roots about 8days from being in the aergogarden. Moved one to a solo cup with soil, other will follow in a day.
    Cuttings were tiny, hoping they survive.

• Like Like x 3
  4. shelton abbey

shelton abbey Registered+

Lots of lovely bud sites ..good job

5. Wagonweed

Wagonweed Registered+

Ya man thanks!
    lsting sure makes a huge difference.

6. Wagonweed

Wagonweed Registered+

Well one of my cob grow lights is down.
    Checked today and there was a slight burning smell in the tent.. The fans on one light stopped working. So took it out and emailed the company. Let's hope it's up and running within a week.

• Like Like x 1
  7. DirtyBlueGene

DirtyBlueGene Registered+

Aw man, that sucks. Hope you get it sorted out quickly, then your plants won't be affected much.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Wagonweed

Wagonweed Registered+

Well here's the good news. The company emailed me back, wasn't expecting a response today. They are sending me new chips and new fans that are an upgrade, they are in the newer model of this light. It also sounded like they are sending me new replacement fans for my other cob light, I assume as a precaution. I'll replace everything all at once.
    I'm thinking I should have the parts in 3-4 days.

• Like Like x 3
  9. Wagonweed

Wagonweed Registered+

Well gonna have to kill the runt. She got hit by mites kinda hard. The other 4 are looking fine and I'm hoping if I take out the infected girl the rest may be okay.
    Wasn't able to get any safe pest control shit now that it's budding.
    Still no parts for the broken light.
    I'll post some pics later today.

10. Wagonweed

Wagonweed Registered+

[​IMG]

Mite damage

[​IMG]

11. OGiesel

OGiesel Registered+

Bummer, sad to see. damn mites

12. shelton abbey

shelton abbey Registered+

Shit anyway sorry for your troubles
    Mabey mske some cannabutter out of the runt ?

13. Wagonweed

Wagonweed Registered+

I just cut it down and tossed it in a bag outside.
    I dunno if I can do anything with it. It's only 4 weeks in not a whole lot of resin.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Wagonweed

Wagonweed Registered+

Week4

Pink Cadillac
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Orange Bud
    [​IMG]

Current State of the Tent
    [​IMG]

Almost at the half way mark. I'm not that upset over the bugs, it does suck but at least it was the runt that got to go. And I still got 4 left.
    I've started the next round of clones. 2 pink 2 ob. Just in case I don't get to the tut and c99 by new years I'll have some thing to put in the tent.
    Dirtyblue thanks for posting about that pic site. Works great and dead easy.

• Like Like x 3
  15. genevabeg

genevabeg Registered+

If you still need mite control they say you can use mighty wash in flower. I know it works. Never had to use in flower before myself.

16. Wagonweed

Wagonweed Registered+

Ya I did a little research on it just now. They say you can use in flower but people say it leaves a residue.
    But the main thing is I seen this article http://www.occnewspaper.com/oda-warning-mega-wash-pyrethrins/

Left me thinking maybe not so great to use.
    Thanks for the input though.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Wagonweed

Wagonweed Registered+

The battle is still on. I was able to see one and they are two-spotted spider mites.
    Removing the infected plant slowed them down. The temp is 80f because I only have two lights but it's a benefit, the spider mites don't like cooler temps and higher humidity. I've been misting the under side of the plants to keep the rh up which slowls them down.

I can get predator mites, found a Canadian company that deals in all kind of beneficial insects. I'll look at how the plants are in a week before I decide.

Replacement parts for the light is suppose to be here today. That's some good news.
    Buds pics on Friday.

18. Wagonweed

Wagonweed Registered+

Alright so I just got the new parts and the company sent me 4 new fans and 4 new cob chips. It's great because I was only expecting 2 chips.
    Ill swap all the new parts and keep the old stuff to build another light seeing as I'm only missing power supplies.

• Like Like x 3
  19. Wagonweed

Wagonweed Registered+

Start of week 6
    Didn't get time to post yesterday.

[​IMG]
    OB

[​IMG]
    Pink and OB

[​IMG]
    Pink lights off
    [​IMG]
    Pink

• Like Like x 5
  20. Wagonweed

Wagonweed Registered+

They are looking a little hungry still after feeding. Gonna up my nutes to 5ml per litre. 4 weeks to go, they should fatten up nicely.
    I lowered the lights now. Could of done that a bit earlier.

• Like Like x 1