State of the Tent #0

Discussion in 'Grow Log' started by Wagonweed, Oct 18, 2016.

1. OGiesel

OGiesel Registered+

How high do you have your lights to the canopy? & which lights do you use? if you don't mind me asking, I'm sure you've stated them somewhere in the past, I just don't feel like digging through the threads lol call me lazy lol

2. Wagonweed

Wagonweed Registered+

I'm using two Roleadro 400w cob. Actual draw is 200w per light. One day soon I'll check the power draw to see if it's legit.
    I gota go measure to see what distance I have them. One is much higher because the pink caddy is twice the size as the OB.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Wagonweed

Wagonweed Registered+

I still need a lot of work on the whole less is more approach
    IMAG1806_1.jpg
    They are just stuffed with buds, but not in a good way. Overcrowded eh!
    Some reason when they are vegging I'm not cutting enough growth off to really let the buds have room to grow. I think I'm still just so new at growing, in my head I tell my self no don't cut much off you'll have less buds haha!

• Like Like x 4
  4. Wagonweed

Wagonweed Registered+

IMAG1822_1.jpg
    Orange bud getting frosty.
    She could go for a trim I think.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. OGiesel

OGiesel Registered+

Lookin pretty good over there:thumbsup:

6. Wagonweed

Wagonweed Registered+

Start of week 7
    IMAG1839_1.jpg IMAG1840_1.jpg IMAG1844_1.jpg
    ob

IMAG1847_1.jpg
    Pink caddy

• Like Like x 3
  7. Shovelhandle

Shovelhandle Registered+

nicely done, Ww.

• Like Like x 1
  8. shelton abbey

shelton abbey Registered+

Yes indeed some nice colas coming on .
    Gonna be purdy :thumbsup:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Wagonweed

Wagonweed Registered+

Forgot to add this one
    Winter hasn't even officially started.
    IMAG1837_1.jpg

10. DirtyBlueGene

DirtyBlueGene Registered+

And more coming tonight, tomorrow, Sunday! :eek:

Stay in, visit your garden, burn one and think tropical thoughts. :D

• Funny Funny x 1
  11. shelton abbey

Man i thought i had it bad ..hard to travel in that snow..stay warm :thumbsup:

12. Wagonweed

Wagonweed Registered+

There's a huge difference between the 3 OB plants. One is right on time, the others not so much.

[​IMG]
    Gonna have to use tinypic from now on, site can't handle a 2mb pic.

You can see the amount of resin that one is pushing out compared to the other. That one is ready for flush, which is right on time maybe slightly ahead.

The other two looks weeks behind, buds are growing just not much resin. I talked to some others that had mite issues and that is pretty normal. Most times the spider mites slow down growth/flowering, one had a 9 week strain take 11+ weeks to finish. The opposite can happen where it speeds up flowering time, 9 week strain took down at 7weeks. Either way it's not good.

Not much I can do but wait and see how those 2 turn out.

Another note, I decided I had enough OB and got rid of the 2 clones.
    The 2 pink caddy clones are finally starting to grow, took almost a month for them to get their legs, but they are moving quick. Another few days and they will be moved to 1gal pots.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Wagonweed

Wagonweed Registered+

[​IMG]
    Next up!

• Like Like x 2
  14. Wagonweed

Wagonweed Registered+

Start of week 8
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Time to flush the OB. One looks excellent the over two may be for oil only. The 2 just don't have that much resin. During the next round I'll be vigilante for any mite action and get the predator mites right away.
    The pink is coming along great, buds are nice size and getting dense, 10week strain more to.
    Tent is smelling awesome, some smell bleeding out, I think the carbon will need to be replaced. It's been on for almost a year.

The pink clones I took were a bit into flower so that's why they are taking a long time to get going, only getting single leafs right now, monster cropped by accident.

I got 5 of the c99's soaking in some water. Once they pop I'll toss them in coco and start the next log.

• Like Like x 2
  15. shelton abbey

how do u make your oil pal ?

16. Wagonweed

Wagonweed Registered+

The normal dry and cure first, then grind up everything minus the stems of course, toss in jar 1/4-1/3 full, add 99%iso, enough to have everything freely moving, but also not too much or you have more alcohol to evap then you need(bit of trial and error). Shake gently for 30sec, then strain in funnel with 3 coffee filters.
    Dump the strained budohol in glass baking dish, and I use a small electric heater to blow on the liquid. Check it every hour. Will take several hours to finish depending on the amount you have to evaporate. Once it's done collect it and let it sit in a glass jar with no lid to let the last bit of alcohol evaporate, stir occasionally.
    What's left is pure awesomeness, good enough to dab.

Also have to say never been in that room where the alcohol is evaporating, and it should have some ventilation to outside air.

• Like Like x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  17. shelton abbey

sounds like a safe way to make it, lot of the vids i seen on you tube would have u thinking things could go bang any miniute lol

18. Wagonweed

Wagonweed Registered+

No it's never happened to us before, and we use to boil it. Boiling it is where shit can go wrong.
    Then we switched to just having hot air blowing on it. It's slower but much safer. And the result we found was better oil, nice golden to brown colour, dabbed great, and you can't burn the oil with hot air as you can when boiling it.
    Never boil it lol.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. redtails

redtails Registered+

I used a double boiler to speed it up but it still got pretty dark. Gonna try the space heater thing next time. I use 195 proof grain alcohol, so eventually a still would be nice to recover my alcohol. Found one on ebay for $200: http://www.ebay.com/itm/301547222565

20. Wagonweed

Wagonweed Registered+

All this talk of oil and I decided to whip some up!
    Xmas oil
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 2