Stealth Growing

Discussion in 'Outdoor Growing' started by Plumber07, Mar 19, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Plumber07

Plumber07 Registered+

Spring is finally here in sunny so cal and I've been spending all my free time readying the soil/area for my grow (miss me? I didn't think so). I have few neighbors but I don't want anyone knowing/seeing my plants. While it is legal to grow here theft of flowering mj plants is something I have no wish to experience. To that end I have formulated a plan to keep my plants out of site.

I cleared a 12' x13' area of overgrown weeds and grass, an area where I have grown green beans, onions and garlic in the past. Last year I left the area fallow and placed dirty straw on it from the chicken coop throughout the year.

It doesn't look like much but yesterday I planted two rows of corn, 12" apart as well as green beans between the outside corn rows. As the corn and beans grow they will wall off the inner 8' x 9' or 72 sq foot area.

I left a two foot section un-planted to function as a doorway facing the chicken coop, which blocks my neighbor's view.

Seeds have been started in peat pots in the garage and will be transplanted within the next few weeks.

I've had to amend the soil and will discuss that topic in another thread.

The weather has been perfect with a day or two of lite rain and then several days of warmer weather. I still have to water daily until Thursday and our next sprinkling.

I've attempted to add photo's but of course it's still a problem on this site. And no, that's not my plant up in a tree but it made me laugh.

Gonna be a great year of growing!

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. Pupp

Pupp Registered+

That's your first mistake: clearing an area of weeds and grass, and a large one at that. You really need to google "gorilla growing marijuana". For one thing, in the entire growing season, you can be sure at least one human being will pass that patch and notice. I live in the sticks and have over 50 acres to my name, but one day I went out to do some chores around my property, and someone decided to use an all terrain vehicle in my fields. Even though there are no trespassing signs all over the edges of my land, you can be sure some asshole won't give a shit and decide that your property is the perfect place to screw over for their private amusement.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Pupp

Pupp Registered+

Why are you even bothering with a stealth grow in California anyway? Local ordinance? I think your allowed 6 plants if I recall, via state law, courtesy of the recreational state laws. Used to be that some locations in California would allow up to 25 plants, but after some epic grows, they'd reduced that to, I think, 6 plants. Then later, it was cemented into the recreational marijuana laws for California.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Weezard

Weezard Registered+

That's just smart.
    Carry on.

Weeze

• Like Like x 2
  5. Plumber07

Plumber07 Registered+

Yes, I know. It's called the "human condition." Nothing I can do about it other than keeping my plants out of sight.

6. Plumber07

Plumber07 Registered+

I can legally grow six plants. These "six" plants will reside within the blind. I'm sure I'll "accidentally" drop a few seeds here and there while in the yard. It is what it is. Truth be told I'll have a "few" in pots to move into the garage for flowering in a few months, but we won't count them. I can't really, got my shoes on...;)

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. Plumber07

Plumber07 Registered+

SI! In the language of my people of sunny southern california!

8. Plumber07

Plumber07 Registered+

I'll work on posting pic's. It would make so much more sense of my exposure. To the East, some 20 yards away is a two story condo that I share a 200' long, six foot tall wood fence. On their side is a 20-30' wide flower bed with trees before their street. Maybe two units can see into my backyard. To the south lives a couple with a young teen daughter. I don't think they smoke but I don't want their daughter, or worse, her friends seeing anything growing in my yard other than veggies! West is the front of the house and to the North our neighbors property runs along the other side of our driveway and can't see into the back. I'll work on pics. I had downloaded a program to reduce size of pics to fit here but it took up too much memory. I'll work on it.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Plumber07

Plumber07 Registered+

I got me a free website and posted a few picks. https://garden2018.weebly.com

#1 Fruits of my labor last year.

#2 Facing North. You can see the condo some 50 yards away. I can see them on their patio from time to time so then can see into my yard.

#3 Facing North East. No homes but a flower bed on the other side of my fence and across from their parking. Little foot traffic but still.

#4 Same pic but from house level. The entire East side of our backyard is some 4 1/2' above house level and has about a 15-20 degree slope. I've planted some melons, cucumbers and watermelon seeds on the edge of the slope so they'll grown down the rise.

#5 A dozen tomato seedlings. On the left are yellow pear shaped cherries (grew 'em last year, awesome) and on the right San Diego Reds. 99 Cent store both.

#6 Mellon, cucumbers and watermelon. To the right is the kids old swing set that I grew cucumbers and gourds on last year. I may set it up this year.

#7 Facing South. The chicken coop will block line of sight to my only neighbor that can see the majority of my yard.

#8 Herb garden. Thyme, sage, oregano and rosemary. Will be planting Basil (sweet, Thai, purple and lemon), dill, parsley and cat nip in the next few weeks. Sure wish they'd last through the winter.

#9 Green house. Removed the door and frame, re-made and will be installed and the whole thing wrapped this weekend.

The rest are here and there. The one with the trash cans is a 40x40' area with eight fruit trees West of the chicken coop. There's maybe a two foot rise from the house to the fence on this side. The tall sticks are willows that were cut down but still insist on growing. Twice a year I have to cut them back to the stump. Fun. There's a few of my patio buddies. One of the lizards is missing his left front leg. I named him Lefty, go figure. I always have a can of meal worms. No wonder the birds and lizards like me.

So anyway I'd much rather be safe than sorry. Call me crazy.

• Like Like x 1
  10. TomSawyer2112

TomSawyer2112 Registered+

That plant up in a tree!! I don’t know what to say....

• Like Like x 1
  11. Plumber07

Plumber07 Registered+

I know, huh. Gotta love the thought though!

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. Weezard

Weezard Registered+

"That plant up in a tree!! I don’t know what to say...."

I know what I say.
    Stealth, you're doing it right!

The Gainesville Green Growers Association did exactly that in Florida in the '60s

• Like Like x 2
  13. TomSawyer2112

Here in Texas it would get beat to death with our high winds and hail storms.
    Or some jackass would see it and use it for target practice. If it weren’t for the hail storms and constant flyovers, I would try growing outside. But there’s just too many small airstrips and too much low altitude air traffic in my area. Plus the medivac choppers fly right over my house going to and from hospitals between Dallas and Oklahoma. Dallas Love and DFW is only 85 miles away so they are constantly flying over on their inbound approaches. About three weeks ago I had hail hit my place twice in an hour. It was up to nickel sized hail. That would have totally wrecked a germinating outdoor grow.

14. Weezard

Weezard Registered+

Yikes!

All I can say is, planes leave hourly.
    :D

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  15. TomSawyer2112

LOL. It’s not the departures that worry me. Out here on the prairie there’s all the DFW outer markers for incoming. And they line up about 5-8 miles apart coming into Texas. On a clear night, you’ll see the incoming flights lined up all the way back into Oklahoma in a perfect line, usually about four deep. We have huge commercial/ freight and military aircraft and helicopters coming into Dallas 24/7/365. Then you got all these puddle jumping bastards with their own personal airstrip or helipads on their ranches. It’s insane the amount of lower altitude small aircraft we get around here. It’s just too damn risky. Hell. Even if it was totally legalized, you would still have to use a greenhouse to keep the prying eyes off your crop. Or. Maybe I’m just being paranoid. But I don’t think so. I see guys in little pipers and cessnas flying at about 2500 ft and just slowly circling over area ranches. Yeah. Sometimes it’s the game warden looking for groups of hunters. (Dove season rolls in right around Sept 1 every year). Not a good time to have a grow in flower around here. Either the game wardens will see it, a group of dove hunters will raid it or the doves will get your seed crop. It will get found. So to me, even if Texas legalized it, outdoor grows probably won’t be a good idea. The good news is that there are mammoth warehouses and commercial buildings sitting empty all over the Dallas metroplex right now and our electrical energy is pretty affordable. So it would be pretty easy to set up an indoor grow facility if you had the capital to do so. But. Until Texas gets fully on board and legalizes it, SOL. Anyway. I’ve thoroughly jacked this thread. I’m done. I apologize.

• Like Like x 2
  16. Plumber07

Plumber07 Registered+

I use to live in Orange County and some 20 years ago I had one big plant in the back yard, mid flower, against a southern bedroom wall. One day a helicopter kept buzzing overhead. Got the sawsall out that evening and then spent every night for a week trimming. Smoke wasn't bad but sure wish I could have allowed it to finish. No more of that crap!