PAX2 Vaporizer

Stoner vs. Pothead

Discussion in 'CANNABIS.COM Lounge' started by Wintersweet, Sep 30, 2006.

1. Wintersweet

Wintersweet Registered+

What, to you, is the difference between a stoner and a pothead? Or is there any difference?

To me, a stoner is the average toker. Your average group of smokin' friends. You like getting stoned and hangin with your friends, just having a good time.

But a pothead...I don't like. When I think of pothead, I think of those smokers who spend all their free time smokin, with not a care in the world about their responsibilities, who'd blow all their extra money on weed. The lazy, stereotypical ones.

2. Cassiopiea

Cassiopiea Registered+

Me agree.

3. LIP

LIP Banned

Stoner is a compliment, pothead is an insult. That's the way its always been.

4. baisez le monde.

baisez le monde. Registered+

amen

5. Reefer Rogue

Reefer Rogue Registered+

Word.

6. Kryzco

Kryzco Registered+

I take offense to pothead

there are never any pots on my head when people call me that

so therefore there is no just reason to call me that

fucktards....

7. Jay Matix

Jay Matix Registered+

Yeah i agree...

Stoner = Someone who smokes a lot. But smokes intelligently. Still holds a successful life.

Pothead = Someone who smokes their life away. Unintelligent smoker. With no achievements, goals, nothing. Just spending ever dime they have on weed.

8. make it legal

make it legal Registered+

Now where does burnout play into this?

9. Kryzco

Kryzco Registered+

burnout its basically a pothead in retrospect isn't it

i considered someone a burnout once they are selling random shit just to get bud

10. orangeman

orangeman Banned

Well I sell random shit to get money but not to get bud, and I guess I'm Jay Matix's definition of stoner and not Wintersweet's lol. But I'm really gonna slow down because I'm not making enough money to keep buying weed like I do.

11. budsmoker

budsmoker Registered+

i dont consider pothead a insult, i think a pothead is just someone who smokes weed everyday and knows more about weed than most people, and i think a stoner is someone who smokes a lot but not everyday, usually just on the weekends and on special ocassions, just my opinion

12. Acouwaila

Acouwaila Registered+

both are an insult to me.... fuck that....someone calls me a stoner i call them an ignorant pussy ass victim of the media

13. wadejason

wadejason Registered+

um well i dont like stoner because thats like saying "i smoke weed only to get stoned so im a stoner<i>er</i>. and i dont just like the high of weed, so im not that. and pothead i think is a little insult-like, as if they have "amotivational syndrome" like on those stupid above the influence commercials.

i much perfer "cannabis smoker", maybe "smoker"(but everyone may not, what about the vaporizer hitters?) or im cool with "head" or "toker" something like that. even "weed-smoker" i could do...

but thats just me.

14. Hempstone

Hempstone Registered+

I'm neither. I don't define myself that way. I'm a hard worker, I bust my butt in one of the biggest and best buffets in America. I put in 10 grueling hours today. I'm a scholar, reasearcher, historian and author. I'm a guitar player, a poet, a writer and public speaker. I'm a former high school wrestler and a former Marine Corps Tank Crewman. I'm a Christian, a son and a friend to many plus I'm a son of the living God. Don't call me a pothead or a stoner.

15. Acouwaila

Acouwaila Registered+

AMEN HEMPSTONE

16. benagain

benagain Registered+

they're both the same to me. Neither one bothers me unless it's supposed to put me down or something. then i'd be more concerned about why somones trying to insult me than some words.
    oh, and a burnout isn't necessarily someone who gets high. Burnout's just a term from someone whos 'burnt out' from doing something waayy too much and losses thier life to it. at least thats my take on it.

17. Fabolous

Fabolous Registered+

Stoner=person who smokes after getting what ever important DONE frist.

Pothead=someone that likes to put pot on there heads

18. Dutch Pimp

Dutch Pimp Up in Smoke

..I'm a stoner..after work..

..potheads smoke like a locomotive..all the time.

19. The Colonel

The Colonel Registered+

So you're saying that a "pothead" is a person you dont like, because they spend their extra time smoking, and extra money on bud? You guys are just putting a lable on these people. If you dont like people who act like that you dont have to talk shit about them. just dont hang out with them.

20. LIP

LIP Banned

I smoke like a Chimney but i have a good job, and i can function fine while im stoned. Im just not lazy... apart from the time i pissed in a bottol cos the barthroom was too far away -7 foot away-