PAX2 Vaporizer

Storing Weed in the Freezer?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Strains' started by RobPA, Dec 4, 2008.

1. RobPA

RobPA Registered+

I remember reading somewhere that this negatively effects the THC, I have a lot of friends who store in there Freezer, Is this true or not? Does storing weed in the freezer lower potency? I dont know the best place to post this so if i posted in the wrong section I apologize. Thanks for the help!

2. linearvermin

linearvermin Registered+

Its better to store weed in the freezer. If its in the sun it will loose thc but if its in the freezer with one of those little things you get in beef jerky bags (the little packets that say do not eat) your weed will be FRESH.

3. VapedG13

VapedG13 Registered+

If you store your weed in a freezer...it only looses 3-5% THC a year

Last edited: Dec 4, 2008
  4. cannakeeper

cannakeeper Registered+

I have always heard that freezing deystroys cells and that cool and dark is best. I never researched it though, be interesting to know for sure.:thumbsup:

5. VapedG13

VapedG13 Registered+

6. FreshRollyG

FreshRollyG Registered+

I recommend storing it in a cupboard or drawer (room temp. out of direct sunlight) than in the freezer. Each to their own I guess;

I store my spare bud in plastic zip-lock bags which are in a small tupperware container, which again, is stored in my safe in my cupboard. (Still live with parents).

7. the image reaper

the image reaper Registered+

freezing breaks the trichomes ... 'cool and dark' storage, that's all ya need to do ... :smokin: