Tanning anyone?

Discussion in 'Women's Issues' started by rebgirl420, Feb 28, 2007.

1. rebgirl420

rebgirl420 Registered+

I know i shouldn't tan because my cancer doctor might just kill me if he finds out but I am in love with my tanning salon by my house. I just think it makes me look thinner and it makes me feel dare I say, sexy? Anyone else tan?

2. BabyFacedAbortion

BabyFacedAbortion Registered+

I tan in the summer, (definitly makes me feel sexy) but I can't bring myself to go actual tanning...I want to though but I think my friends would laugh in my face. kinda like I really want those ugg boots but if I wore them I'd be hysterically laughed at lmao.

it IS terrible for you tho, so maybe it's a good thing I don't go.

3. rebgirl420

rebgirl420 Registered+

OMG I love my ugg boots haha especially since its all snowey and shit. Plus they look so cute and they look great with jeans.

4. stinkyattic

stinkyattic CultiModerVatorAtor

tan in a can, baby!
    beats foundation hands-down... the Olay moisturizer with spf15 and self-tanners... wOOOOOOOt

5. napolitana869

napolitana869 Registered+

I've never gone. I'm the type of girl that is one of 2 colors, white or red. I have never been able to get a tan. Plus skin cancer runs in my family. Best not to tempt fate.

6. gabee42ee

gabee42ee Registered+

i went last year before i went to prom but i didnt go too much ... there r some girls who go wayyyy over board with it ... like its winter ... in philly ... u rnt supposed to look like u live in brazil ... although i do want to start going befroe i go to florida to get a good base so i wont burn quickly

i love tannning in the summer though ... it makes me feel happy :)

7. Samwhore

Samwhore Registered+

no, im naturally tan,

8. gabee42ee

gabee42ee Registered+

lucky ... everyone in my family is non of them have to go tanning ... my mom goes outside in winter and gets tan ... im jewish and they all look so tan and israeli ... then there is me ... im dirty blonde and i have green eyes and sort of pale skin ... everyone thinks i was adopted

9. Skink

Skink Registered+

One of my customers is a tanning salon... peeps come out of them machines sooo unhealthy looking... I was offered freebies and did not take it...

10. Chronic Chrissy

Chronic Chrissy Registered+

I am so against tanning beds it's not even funny. I do however love to bake in the sun during the summer and read(with sunscreen of course). I can always pick out a fakebaker and their tans look so bad because they are so even. With a natural tan your faces shadows create slimming illusions that complement your facial, and body structure, that's why tanning makes you look slimmer, you just can recreate those results in a bed, I have a stubborn tanning family so I see what they go through to be dark.

11. TheSmokingMonkey

TheSmokingMonkey Registered+

I won't tan but if I had a tanning salon, like, across the street from my house, I would do the Mystic Tan year-round. I love that shit. Takes like five minutes to do and it lasts for a week and no streaks!

12. surreys princess

surreys princess Registered+

i do not tan at the moment, but until 6 months ago, i was a tanning addict...yes, it is not good for you, but really, i dont think it is any dangerous than anything else, if done in moderation.....at least that is what i tell myself...i return to tanning in 4 days, and cant wait..with the weather here, always rainy and dark, it peps me up some as well...

13. stinkyattic

stinkyattic CultiModerVatorAtor

Time to put a lawn chair in your grow room, hon!
    Nothing spells winter cheer like sitting under 5000w of HPS lighting with a trashy novel and sunglasses, surrounded by a luch tropical cannajungle!

14. Trainer07

Trainer07 Registered+

hope u read this rebgirl. how are you,apart from being gorgeous and a toker :jointsmile: get in touch, as for tan, i dont really care i live in england so a man with a tan, hes either been on holiday and probably got a disease, or hes been on a tan bed, and the blokes more womanly than you :)

15. Chronic Chrissy

Chronic Chrissy Registered+

Sorry to jack this thread but Surrey why is my rep disabled I don't understand and am very confused. Did I do something wrong?

16. Samwhore

Samwhore Registered+

go to User CP, Options, and turn it back on

17. rebgirl420

rebgirl420 Registered+

hmmmm I need new tanning lotion grrrrrrr Its gonna cost me like 20 bucks too...wtf man wtf!

18. dutch.lover

dutch.lover Registered+

ive never used a tanning bed, and never will. not only will over-tanning lead to skin cancer, it also ages you terribly! you will be 35 and have the skin of a 70 year old woman! ewwwwww (something about mary comes to mind)....

i tan in the summer, but i always use sunscreen. in fact, every day in the summer i put on sunscreen on at least my face regardless of whether im planning on going outside.

19. Demeter

Demeter Registered+

Tanning ruins your skin!!!! You won't realize how much until it starts to show and then you will freak out. The best way to counteract earlier tanning binges (I spent many years in Hawaii and California) is radical use of retin-A and sunscreen. And remember, as I did not, that your neck is connected to your face, so whatever you do for your face, do for the neck as well.
    Take the advice of a woman who learned in the nick of time!:D

20. gabee42ee

gabee42ee Registered+

oo i like how that sounds