Tell me about Fimming & Topping....Need Info

Discussion in 'Growing Information' started by Buds Buddy, May 13, 2018.

1. Buds Buddy

Buds Buddy Registered+

Hi Everyone,
    Well I've got about 5 weeks till I start my 2nd Grow so trying to gather all the info I can prior to that.
    I want to learn about Fimming / Lolli Popping / Trimming / Topping, etc...
    I did top a couple of times on my 1st grow so I realize that makes the plant grow 2 branches. Not sure what the other things do.
    Anyways...What I want to know is when I should be doing these things to get bigger plants ? I was just watching some YouTube videos on trimming / (fimming ?) a mj plant 3 weeks into Flower & I thought you weren't suppose to do any kind of trimming in Flower.
    Someone help me out here & tell me if I should or shouldn't remove the bottom growth & some of the fan leaves. I'm 18 days into flower.
    Thank You for any tips received on this !!!

2. DirtyBlueGene

DirtyBlueGene Registered+

Everything you need to know about such matters has already been written here, bro. You only need to look around a bit. ;)

boards.cannabis.com/threads/guide-fimming-and-topping-made-easy.144573/

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. Buds Buddy

Buds Buddy Registered+

I don't even know how to find a certain thread like the one you posted. I wish I knew how to search this site better. If there was just a box to type in Fimming & Topping & all info on the subject popped up it would be so much easier.

4. Buds Buddy

Buds Buddy Registered+

OOOPS....I just found the box...LOL. Now things will get easier for me. Thanks !!!

5. mytwhyt

mytwhyt Registered

Google " Pineapple Express G 13 Labs Seed to Harvest " Once you do a proper scrog plant you'll never look back, or be out of pot to smoke... Not only is it easy, it's the fastest way to get a big yield in a short time with one plant... You'll see in that thread, from seed to harvest, under a hundred days, 11oz finished weight, 400 watt hps.. It works as well with coco/perlite as in dwc.. Maybe a couple oz less..

6. Buds Buddy

Buds Buddy Registered+

Thanks for the info. Going to look that up. I hear the term DWC a lot but not sure what it stands for. ??? I know about coco / perlite but I hear it's more complicated when it comes to ppm & nutrients. I'm still learning the ppm thing & I'm not sure how you figure out what nutrient is needed as of yet. For that reason alone I have been using soil & all General Hydroponics nutrients.
    Once I get it figured out....I would love to do coco & perlite.

7. Weezard

Weezard Registered+

Click the first link in my signature and browse our archives.
    Everything you want to know is in there.
    enjoy,
    Weeze

• Useful Useful x 1
  8. Weezard

Weezard Registered+

9. Buds Buddy

Buds Buddy Registered+

Yes, I looked up DWC & that's not for me as of right now. Don't want to invest in all that equipment & monitoring everything. Too much involved for a beginner.
    I just recently (in past few days) realized I could click on links below your responses & have been reading tons of stuff from everyone ever since. I still haven't found out what the sexting result was on Amelya's 1st grow. (Not sure how to spell Amelia ???) The one about the spots & the Streaks as early detection of Male or Female. Gotta finish reading it out of curiosity. I doubt it works....but who knows. Well that I found the Search Box & know I can click on Links from my replies I think things will get better & easier to find. I personally hate computers...well actually I pretty much hate all high tech gadgets.