The Battle for Oklahoma - State Question 788

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana States' started by boaz, Jun 20, 2018.

1. boaz

boaz Registered+

Next Tuesday, the voters of Oklahoma will decide if we are will allow medical use of cannabis. In the final weeks the prohibs seems to be bringing out the big guns. A half million dollars in media misinformation and our local sheriff seems to have just lost his mind. lol

Thank you everyone who has worked so hard at getting this to happen. Don't forget to vote!

https://www.krmg.com/news/local/cau...cal-cannabis-advocate/BBVF4Aa3MqyVjek3jACvCN/

http://www.claremoreprogress.com/op...cle_7ceb6b2c-749c-11e8-aedf-23e0d22302af.html

2. boaz

boaz Registered+

If it passes it will cost $2500 to apply for a commercial grow license that will allow you to grow as much as you can for profit. Also, signatures are now being collected for an initiative that would legalize adult use and write it into the constitution. This will be on the Nov. ballot of this year if it gets enough signatures.

3. boaz

boaz Registered+

4. TomSawyer2112

TomSawyer2112 Registered+

Well. I’m a hell of a lot closer to Oklahoma than I am to colorado... so.
    Maybe a good deal for me.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Pupp

Pupp Registered+

As a person who once lived in a dry county. -I've since moved to a different state. But anyway, there was a huge anti alcohol campaign backed primarily by one of the large Baptist churches in the area. They spent millions against legalizing beer and liquor sales. As far as I know, nobody spent any real dollars on a pro-alcohol campaign. Maybe a few signs around town at best.

The measure passed with, if I recall around 83% voting to allow liquor and beer sales in town.

Fast forward a few months, and I happen to be talking to someone that was involved in the VOTE NO campaign and he couldn't understand how they could spend millions of dollars trying to defeat the measure and it didn't sway anybody's vote.

I simply said there are a lot of thirsty people in the county.

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. boaz

boaz Registered+

I grew up in Missouri but I remember dry counties from when we would visit Oklahoma. I'm not sure if there still are any now. This one county had a bar but you had to bring your own bottle, so everyone would have any under aged person carry the bottle so they could get in, lol. we should be getting some results pretty soon.

7. boaz

boaz Registered+

• Like Like x 1
  8. boaz

boaz Registered+

still up 54 to 46 with 31% of the votes in.

• Like Like x 1
  9. boaz

boaz Registered+

With 99% of the votes counted SQ 788 has won big time! Oklahoma has just become the 31st Medical Cannabis State. Congratulations to the everyone who worked so hard to make this happen.

★ Yes 497,164 57%
    No 377,975 43%

Total 875,139

Last edited: Jun 26, 2018
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  10. Pupp

Pupp Registered+

Like I said, people are getting a thirst for cannabis. :doublethumbs:

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. TomSawyer2112

TomSawyer2112 Registered+

Next state we need to focus on is Texas.

• Agree Agree x 1