The Greatest Bible Verse Ever

Discussion in 'Spirituality' started by skyascending, Dec 10, 2008.

1. doodd06

doodd06 Registered

its as if god knows the words i want to hear

2. SkoomaHead08

SkoomaHead08 Registered

Hell Fuckin Yeah! Nicely Put Sir.....Nicely Put

• Like Like x 1
  3. kkaniff

kkaniff Registered

Is everybody ignorant these days?

In reply to the text below:
    edit: what about all the inaccuracies of the bible? like in genesis (1:26 i think) it says let US create them in OUR image under OUR likeness. where are the dinosaurs? there are also mistranslations as well, like moses parted the reed sea and not the red. never believe everything told, read or that you see. it's your responsibility to sort through the information and come to your own conclusions!

I am not going to get into all the little things I did not agree with in this Thread. However, I thought I might give a little insight into this. When God said US and OUR, he is speaking of God the Father, God the Son Jesus Christ and the Holy Spirit (Not the Holy Ghost, that is something different all together.). All through the Bible it clearly shows us that they are ONE. That is why it says let US create them in OUR image under OUR likeness.

As a side note, you will find in the Bible that God the Father never compliments himself, neither Jesus Christ. They always Praise the each other. That is how he can remain perfect. Because to give compliments to yourself would be considered sin in all sorts of ways.

4. VolnGharst

VolnGharst Registered

Malachi 3:5

"So I will come near to you for judgment. I will be quick to testify against SORCERERS, adulterers and perjurers, against those who defraud laborers of their wages, who oppress the widows and the fatherless, and deprive aliens of justice, but do not fear me," says the LORD Almighty."

Pharmakeia is a Greek word that appears several times in the New Testament, including the Epistle to the Galatians and the Book of Revelation. It is frequently translated as "witchcraft" or "SORCERY."

Pharmakeia - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Amsterdam Coat of Arms = XXX
    Amsterdam Flag = XXX

Pythagorean Numerology: X = 6

Christians are being fooled by the 'Fallen Angels' (aka, Nephillim & Aliens -Lucifer) and The Watchers.

Genesis 6:2

"The sons of God saw that the daughters of men were beautiful, and they married any of them they chose."

Genesis 6:4

"The Nephilim were on the earth in those days—and also afterward—when the sons of God went to the daughters of men and had children by them. They were the heroes of old, men of renown."

Numbers 13:3

"We saw the Nephilim there (the descendants of Anak come from the Nephilim). We seemed like grasshoppers in our own eyes, and we looked the same to them."

Prostitution & Drugs are created by Aliens/Nephillim -not human condition.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 30, 2009
    • Like Like x 1
  5. VolnGharst

VolnGharst Registered

This post goes with the above message by VolnGharst
    ----------------------------------------------
    Numbers 13:3 ???????

Sorry, Numbers 13:33.

Information Age is hard to keep with ;)

Last edited: Aug 30, 2009
  6. OrangeAgent

OrangeAgent Registered+

Headshake wrote:

"basically, texts for the new testament were submitted. do you think just 4 books were written? there were over 30. one was the gospel of judas. which as of recently has been proved as authentic. only the four gospels were chosen though."

So how do we really know that Jesus did not address marijuana unless we read all of the books?

Sorry I am new and dont know how to do that box thing that shows what someone else wrote in previous posts.

7. VolnGharst

VolnGharst Registered

Exactly.
    And the powers-that-be have taken away this knowlege from us. They want us as far away from our intended destiny as possible, just like the dark ages. Here we are again, no idea how to grow squash or build a shelter without Government's Help. :(

8. VolnGharst

VolnGharst Registered

God also has 'given' us plants to be tested with and see if we fall into Sorcerery/Spellcasters.

Wheat and Tares look exactly alike.

Tares: Any of various weedy plants of the genus Vicia, especially the
    common vetch.
    2. Any of several weedy plants that grow in grain fields.
    3. An unwelcome or objectionable element

Matthew 13:24

"Another parable put he forth unto them, saying, The kingdom of heaven is likened unto a man which sowed good seed in his field: But while men slept, his enemy came and sowed TARES among the WHEAT, and went his way. But when the blade was sprung up, and brought forth fruit, then appeared the tares also."

9. PRIEST

PRIEST Registered+

Of course some could argue that that reference in the Bible refers to Tobacco. Most likely though since the bible was written in the middle east and tobacco was first grown in North America the reference has to be about marijuana. So smoke up it's God's private stash!

10. ForgetClassC

ForgetClassC Registered+

I think religion went out the window 1) when the church of Rome exploited it to make money. 2) When people thought differently about the same religion and how their beliefs about it were correct and then went against almost everything the bible says about being kind to one another. And 3) when the government became powerful enough to be able to tell people what to believe in, doesn't that just turn the whole other way towards what the bible is about? And now a days, the government has the ability to do pretty much whatever it wants to do(Iran Contra for example). But we don't really listen to what God is saying anymore, we listen to what they say is alright for God to say. If I'm rambling sorry, I'm baked.

11. BlueBlazer

BlueBlazer Registered+

I get amused by Christians trying to defend the church's prejudice against cannabis. If there were God(s) who created everything, why create something that you don't want people to use? To test them? Why?

I mean, if God is all-powerful,omnipotent, all-knowing, and timeless, he already knows every person that will fall short of qualifying for eternal bliss. Why grant free choice and then punish those who use that free choice to chose something God doesn't approve of, which in turn leads to eternal damnation. It's just not sensible. What kind of a being would expect you to believe on them with no visual proof and further set up "tests" for you to stumble over. Sounds like a pretty sadistic being if you think about it. I reject belief in such a being that is also supposed to be merciful and good.

No religion can stand up to logic and reason. In order to believe, you must force yourself not to be skeptical. In essence for you to believe religion, you must close your thoughts off to anything that would challenge that belief. That is precisely how things like the Johnston massacre can happen.

To me the height of irony is one religion treating another with derision. The basis of ALL religion is blind belief, or faith if you will. If I believe in Odin, Thor, Loki, etc., what makes my blind faith any stupider than your blind faith?

12. Every Seed Bearing Plant

Gen 1:29 is one of many great verses. Check us out on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/EverySeedBearingPlant. Establishing the God connection to the Marijuana, Poppy and Coca plant.

Thanks - Chris

13. hannahc_09

hannahc_09 Registered

Anti-Cannabis Christians

["Behold, I have given you every herb bearing seed which is upon the face of all the earth.…To you it will be... And God saw everything that he had made, and, behold, it was very good. (Genesis 1:29-31).

It's interesting to note that, though the United States was founded in accordance with the Bible and Christian principles, this verse was somehow overlooked when marijuana was made illegal.

I would love to ask Christians who are anti-cannabis why they feel that way when God has explicitly stated that he approves of marijuana use.]

I'll just list these in points to make it easier and also take note I'm not some high end Christian coming in here to defend the law because I as well enjoy smoking, but being a Christian does not allow that and this is why.

1). Our country wasn't founded upon Christian principles. Most of our fathers and politicians were all Deists and Unitarians and although the pledge and such other things say "One nation under God" this is simply applying to a God that creates his people, but has no control in how they run their world.

2). Marijuana was made illegal for many reasons. Certain issues with taxes and government money played a part in this, but also because people were abusing the use of it. Sure, I would be all down to license out farmers to grow it and cultivate it and sell it in small quantity, but since our country allows freedom of any belief you begin to have too many condescending opinions. Also it would make more sense with the amount of people who abuse alcohol use and I believe the dangers in driving after smoking are less than drinking.

3). My main argument to this whole thing though and the thing that even made me want to reply to this thread is this. Yes, in the bible it states in many different places about how God made the land and it was plentiful and good and he wanted us to use what he gave us to His glory. I can argue that most people would use marijuana selfishly, but I can say I know people who have very spiritual experiences with God while smoking. One thing about the bible that people who don't read often don't understand is everything else around it that you have to take into account. God put things on the land for us to enjoy and to use for survival and marijuana was never much of a necessity. Just like some things, (poison oak, poison mushrooms, etc.) there were things put on this earth for us to never discover the wrong in. Which that's what traces back to Adam and Eve and the eating of the tree of knowledge. When they ate from it, it changed the human race's order. We now know right from wrong and we know what the difference is between sobriety and drunkenness. Another point on alcohol being legal doesn't mean that God approved of us to use it and abuse it to get drunk on and act a fool. If you do more reading and studying you'll also see this.

4). My main argument to this is in the bible and it states to "obey the law of the land". SO point being, whether you think God placed it on the earth for us or not it doesn't matter because the (non christian) government law states that it's illegal to smoke. So before you point fingers at all the "anti-cannabis christians" do some reading and studying on it. I love marijuana and I love God and if one is to be a Christian then that's putting God first. Therefore, obeying the law and not questioning it.

I hope this doesn't offend you either. I'm just throwing in a debate.

14. prettygirlsmokes420

prettygirlsmokes420 Registered+

So where would one go about looking for a version of the bible with ALL the verses still in it? I've been looking and nobody knows what I'm talking about, but I also don't really have a sure idea of the name of it. I want to learn mote about this stuff, particularly the missing bible verses. Curiosity kills me I swear..lol in high school my lesbian mother sent me to a private catholic school, and insisted in being involved in everything; her and her girlfriend. Ugh, I got a lot of speeches and "confession" time given to me from my theology and religion teachers. Which I felt was entirely unfair, people are so different its crazy. My moms friends have a much more open minded viewpoint than my high school teachers. If you weren't catholic, you weren't right. Aperiod. I had a heated discussion with my sophemore religion teacher about that. I asked him about purity and innocence and he said they didn't exist, only natural sin. He said everybody was born into this world with sin and untill they accept Jesus Christ as their lord and savior, there going to Hell. What?!! Shut the front door! They said in class that if you take your own life you go to Hell. A kid committed suicide ( no disrespect im very sorry for the loss even though I didn't know him, its aweful still) and there was a mass and the father said " may he be at peace with the lord". What?! So contradictory! So long story short, I wanna know for myself what the true, uncensored bible says....

15. killerweed420

killerweed420 Registered+

noncanonical books is usually the term used for books not in the old or new testament. The Book of Judas is pretty interesting. It gives you a whole different viewpoint of what went on between Judas and jesus. I'm an atheist so I'm pretty biased on these matters. But what I've been able to discern is that the whole story of Jesus and his miracles were lies. Jesus obviously read the old testament and therefor knew what needed to happen to fulfill bible prophecy and he proceeded to act that out. In the Book of Judas you see signs of this actually taking place. Jesus asked Judas to turn him into the Romans. It has been my belief for a long time that Jesus was just trying to self fulfill bible prophecy.

• Like Like x 1
  16. yohanthe3rd

yohanthe3rd Banned

so what is it you really wanna know about the bible? have you read the rest of it.or are you looking for the missing verses.the bible is nothing more than a story o fthe simpler times,when it was easier to identify god and humanity.what you feel in your heart is all you need to know.the bible cant give you what you are looking for.but it can be used as a guide to find what you are looking for in your journey..sin is only free will,which we are born into.purity and innocence does exist.know and find thyself,and god will find you. marinate on that for a minute.

• Like Like x 1
  17. yohanthe3rd

yohanthe3rd Banned

i think everyone is missing the whole point of god these days.the message jesus was sending,is that we all have the same power of god he had.we are all gods children and we use that power everyday.fear and darkness will destroy these powers of god.jesus also had more than just faith in god,but faith in himself.thats where the true power lies,if you have ever felt it,you will know what i mean.weed has nothing to do with it.even though i used to smoke and wish i still could.things happen for a reason.ive seen the powers of god and i do possess them.but you/i have to be careful how we use them.the very powers that can save you,can also destroy you.they destroyed jesus and they are destroying mankind.where there is light,there is darkness.you cant have one without the other.thats life.the bible is nothing more than a story of ancient history,when mankind was more pure.it can help us find the path to find what we are looking for,but it wont give us what we are seeking.what you seek is within.try and test that and you are bound to get served people.

18. silent leprechaun

silent leprechaun Registered+

Religion is just another way of controlling people. It was written by a bunch of political hustlers a long time ago. The people who control your lives see it as just another tool to keep everyone on place. None of it's true, it's the biggest lie ever told in broad daylight. Invisible men living in the sky... Think I lost interest right about there. Some can think for themselves, others need to be told what to think.

• Like Like x 1
  19. killerweed420

killerweed420 Registered+

Religion tells people that they are defective and that the only fix is god. I don't believe that is a very healthy perspective on life. there has never been an ounce of proof that any god has ever existed. The more likely explanation is that people were just trying to explain with there very limited understanding and education what they saw and they had no other explanation for. I would far more believe that the god's were extra terrestrials than spiritual beings. Snakes do not talk, burning bushes do not talk, people can't walk on water and people don't live in a big fish for 3 days. The other aspect that people miss in some of these interpretations of whats in the various versions of the bible is that these ancient cultures relied on hallucinogenics a lot to talk to there gods. That and the practice of starving yourself for weeks before you talk to god explain quite a lot of what was going on back then.

• Like Like x 1
  20. boaz

boaz Registered+

funny how nothing at all ever changes, today people are still trying fulfill self fullfilling prophecies and others are still buying into it. from what I understand, Jesus wasn't the first there were a lot of dudes trying that back then, he was just the best at it. but that said, I like Jesus' libertarian views, throwing out the money changers in the temple and railing against the stupid religious laws of the day, etc. Jesus was a bad ass, even if you don't believe all the son of god stuff. Personally, I was raised Baptist but am Agnostic these days. I really don't have a clue if there are gods or aliens or whatever, I'm a believer that no one else has a clue either.