The real story for tourists...

Discussion in 'Netherlands' started by Jack Diamonds, Nov 5, 2005.

1. Jack Diamonds

Jack Diamonds Registered

Hey, a quick question for my friends in Holland. Whats the real deal on these stories about the Coffe shops not selling to non-dutch residents. Is it true..? I have spent a lot of time in Europe and always manage to see that I have time to visit Holland. Will my next trip be disappointing...?

jd

2. Lakota

Lakota Registered+

I was just in Rotterdam, they don't care where your from. Just that you got $$$$

3. esrabalamir

esrabalamir Banned

yes, i am in Amsterdam rite now, and no problem
    you can buy everything;)
    Peace

4. amsterdammed

amsterdammed Registered+

never heard anything like it, i've lived in holland almost 10 years and never once had a problem getting my dope

the only rules as such are:-

you must be 18 or over and must provide id when asked
    you may only buy 5 grames in one coffeeshop
    you may carry upto 5 grames(hence you can only buy 5g)
    no violence
    no hard drugs
    no selling of property(stolen or not)
    and now in many coffeeshops no baseball caps(big brother is watching)

holland is a (reasonable)free, relaxed and welcoming country as long as you spend, spend, spend.
    so roll one up, fill a big bong, it doesn't matter as long as you get higher than neal armstong ever did. :D :stoned:

5. Dampkring

Dampkring Registered

hahhhahahaha the tourist that come to Amsterdam only come for the weed .

6. mikee123

mikee123 Registered+

NOPE... NOT AT ALL DUDE!!!

I am British and been living here the last year and have NEVER been turned away because of my nationality!! Your trip will NOT be dissapointing in any way, have fun!! :thumbsup:

7. weedmant

weedmant Registered+

Hey guys i might be coming to amsterdam sometime. I have a brother who is under 18...but if i buy the weed for him, would he be able to smoke it legally there?

8. FlyByNite

FlyByNite Registered+

Once you purchase it, it is yours to do as you wish. Find a quiet spot along a canal or in Vondelpark and toke away. Some bars are smoker friendly and beer has a 16 year old age break. Prime example would be Nes Cafe.

9. FlyByNite

FlyByNite Registered+

Oh, have your brother wait outside while you buy. A coffeeshop can and has been shut down for underage (18) on premises.

Last edited: Oct 7, 2007
  10. weedmant

weedmant Registered+

Ok, thank you! :jointsmile: