Time and temp for decarb

Discussion in 'Edibles' started by Despot, Nov 21, 2014.

1. Despot

Despot Registered+

I apologize as this question has surely been talked about already but bare with me. Can someone
    give me a solid answer on the RIGHT time and temp for decarbing? The answers I've read seem to
    be all over the place. I would appreciate it greatly!!

2. emilya

emilya Future Dispensary Owner

Did you even do a search on this forum for the information you seek, before you sent this? I remember that there are charts and graphs and all sorts of VERY knowledgeable people explaining this, several times on here, in various threads. The information you seek HAS been definitively explained, solidly and right... all you got to do is find it. :)

3. Despot

Despot Registered+

Yes i did search of course. Search the word decarboxylating and see what you find. I can't seem to find a definitive answer. I apologized at the start if it had been answered but I asked because I was unable to find the answer I was looking for. :)

4. emilya

emilya Future Dispensary Owner

I did the same search and came up with this:
    decarboxylation-graph-b.jpg

Sorry to come off so gruff... so many people do not even try to do searches and it does get annoying sometimes. Please forgive me and let me suggest that most of us get on these forums when we are stoned, and the entire word decarboxylating is a bit intimidating... so I did a search on the more stone friendly word, "decarb" instead. It was there that I found many discussions on the topic over the years as I had remembered. Weezard and Growgoddess have both covered the subject extensively, but I do believe that this chart provided by Weez is the "definitive" answer you were looking for.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Weezard

Weezard Registered+

The chart seems to be accurate.
    When I do an open decarb and watch the 3 Ts, (Time Temperature, and Tiny bubble cessation).
    They are quite close at 250 F.
    Also, this is a case where close, is good enough.
    But it's best to err on the side of undercooking.

Time will finish it for you at room temps.

Aloha,
    Weeze

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Despot

Despot Registered+

Awesome thanks guys and no need to apologize I know how annoying it can be to see the same question
    over and over haha. I can't wait to make some delicious edibles!

7. Buck Rogers420

Buck Rogers420 Registered+

Help!

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. Weezard

Weezard Registered+

Faint line?! :D

9. Buck Rogers420

10. Buck Rogers420