PAX2 Vaporizer Pass Your Drug Test

Too much light??

Discussion in 'Indoor Growing' started by PapayaTwins, Jan 22, 2010.

1. PapayaTwins

PapayaTwins Registered

I know from the plants' perspective, there's no such thing as too much light. But from a safety stand-point, is a 1000-watt metal halide or tungsten light too bright/hot for a 16 ft square closet? Don't wanna burn down the house, but I also wanna provide enough light for the gals to bloom. What do you think?
  2. anbesol

anbesol Registered+

3. lampost

lampost Registered+

I strongly disagree

If you can keep the temps down, then there's no problem with a 1000W. You'll definitely need to go air-cooled, but if you have means to vent the air then go for it. You'll yield A LOT more and if you're gonna do it.... go big man!!!

I've seen a 1000W in a 4x5' room and it works great with an air-cooled hood and a nice fan..... cost you an extra $100. You can get some great 6" fans for about $100.... check out HTG. The $25 inline may even work for you if conditions are right.

The more light the better!
  4. Rusty Trichome

Rusty Trichome Registered+

Kinda wrong. There is a point of diminishing returns. But actually it's not necessarily the light that's the's the humidity levels and heat stress that does ya in. Ever seen a plant that's sun bleached?
    Overkill. A 400w should be fine. (in that particular closet space)

Light-proofing and ventilation will be your major concerns.
    Last edited: Jan 27, 2010
  5. Dutch Pimp

Dutch Pimp Up in Smoke

I light bleached these two puppies with a 400 CMH bulb...too close...:(...during week #3 flowering

it gets worse and doesn't recover...(lesson learned...:cool:..)..the buds grew more for awhile...then stopped leaves white on top, but still green underneath?

8 weeks old now...chopped & drying...I'm not hopeful...:wtf:

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 27, 2010
    • Like Like x 1
  6. anbesol

anbesol Registered+

Fuck man, I had that same problem my last grow with my 400 watt. Not letting it happen again so I started LST to keep the heat at a min.
  7. Weezard

Weezard Registered+

A plant's perspective.

We have to use a screen near the equator to keep our gals from getting sunburned.
    On a clear day, we hit 92k.!
    They all "siesta" at noon.
    So do I.:jointsmile:

• Like Like x 1