Tooth extraction

Discussion in 'Medicinal Cannabis and Health' started by Shane Day, Nov 29, 2017.

1. Shane Day

Shane Day Registered

ok I had my wisdom tooth and the tooth next to it on my bottom right side extracted on November 21, I was wondering around when would it be safe to smoke, I mean I want it to heal up right and don’t feel like taking chances.

2. Mass Medicinals

Mass Medicinals Registered+

Talk to your dentist. Back in the old days some would say give it 24 hours before lighting up a cigarette. They are going to say you shouldn't smoke at all. But it's very possible they won't want you toking again until the sutures are dissolved and the gum has healed completely.

You may want to compromise and just eat edibles for a while.

Hope you're feeling better. Wisdom teeth removal is hit or miss for most folks. We hope you're one of those that don't get the chipmunk cheeks, etc.

3. Shane Day

Shane Day Registered

I mean it’s somewhat healed already, and my dentist didn’t give me instruction on this, I’ve been told that I could after a week, I’ve also been told two weeks, I’m tempted to light up but I just want to make 100% sure I’m good.
    And it’s already been a week.

4. Mass Medicinals

This is what pops up when searching the googs:

Smoking after wisdom teeth surgery directly delays your healing process, says the ADA, and it can increase the risk of dry socket. JKAOMS notes smoking might reduce blood supply to the alveolar nerve, thus increasing pain after a wisdom tooth extraction.

Our first suggestion would be to just wait until it's healed. As in the gum has fully closed and you no longer have scabbing or bleeding. Edibles are so easy to make and buy in most places.

We aren't heavy users, but 10 mg gummy bears are available in our area. And we would chop them down because regular smaller doses worked for us similar to frequent tokes. Just our two cents.

Bottom line tooth pain sucks and you really shouldn't mess with a healing mouth. It's expensive later on.

5. Shane Day

Shane Day Registered

It doesn’t even hurt, and edibles aren’t available here, live in Texas.

6. Mass Medicinals

Well you Texans are built tough so...have at it hoss :D Worst case if you get pain you should just refrain for another 1-2 weeks.

7. Shane Day

Shane Day Registered

Heheh, was born in Cali lol.

• Funny Funny x 1