Trends in our Cannabis forum

Discussion in 'CANNABIS.COM Lounge' started by Pupp, Aug 10, 2018.

1. Pupp

Pupp Registered+

This is the only cannabis forum I visit, but I noticed over the years, as legalization creeps across the nation, this forum seems to get less and less postings. I've scaled way back on my own posting as the years go by. I guess the legalization effort has tipped the scale to the point where a lot of people don't feel they need to go to a cannabis forum to get whatever information they want or need. Another thing I noticed is that the number of people posting about passing drug tests has truly plummeted compared to even a couple years ago.

As far as people wanting grow information, even that's way down. Not sure why, I suppose if your in a state that allows users to grow a few of their own plants, then there's probably ample local resources to find answers to common questions about growing ganja.

I've scaled back because legalization has gone mainstream and posting here is just preaching to the choir. Although I might post about any major developments, I'd say California getting recreational marijuana was the big kahuna of stories for now. Some sort of national legalization effort would have to gain serious traction to really light up the various cannabis forums with some real energy.

I suspect when the 2020 election cycle gets into full swing, marijuana will again become a real campaign issue.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Dutch Pimp

Dutch Pimp Up in Smoke

I still stay and watch it all go by.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. EvilCartman

EvilCartman Registered+

You're probably right. :thumbsupold:
    I know several of my neighbors that are growing, now. We share tips regarding the plants, all the time.
    Growing legally outside is too cool. My next door guy wants to have a harvest party!

I still hang here a little.
    The downer is that the State forums are so weak here. As things went legal, folks were scampering around in search of genetics here on the right coast.
    I've gotten some righteous cuts through various meet-ups in the area. Arrangements all made through State forums, elsewhere.
    The implementation of PMs was a big step in the right direction here, but came along too late, well into the exodus.
    The extended period of software glitches certainly didn't help. :wtfsign:

Something STILL ain't right. :confused:
    I have functionality, but still get a message on the log-in screen that the site is not secure.

4. Weezard

Weezard Registered+

Always treat this site as a public place.
    It is un-encrypted and info to and from can be viewed en route.
    Legal growers need not fret.
    But large, illegal, operations need more that TOR.
    Best to find other, encrypted sites with secure logins.

• Agree Agree x 3
  5. Pupp

Pupp Registered+

What does that have to do with the fact that the forum gets less people posting, or my legalization efforts?

6. Weezard

Weezard Registered+

Give it a thought.
    Newbies looks for a grow site. Understandably worried about exposure, and they see "This site is unsecure" .
    Next!

Current user heads for his favorite site.
    All of his photos, hundreds from grow logs, are gone!
    There are new owners, and the site is insecure, and loading up with trolls and spammers.
    We lost more than half our users to that.
    I miss Shovelhandle, and Rusty and Stinky and a dozen more mentors.

As for your legalization efforts? Kudos!
    But I would advise a little extra caution when posting here.

JMHO
    Weeze

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Pupp

Pupp Registered+

That's why I barely post anything myself anymore. So your insights are pretty much spot on. Even when I do post, more often than not, it's trivial stuff. I still think since CA got recreational weed, enough politicians around the country are hopping on the bandwagon, as I posted earlier. I think cannabis won't get another injection of energy and synergy for at least a couple more years, as far as legalization.

I stopped emailing politicians over a year ago, maybe a couple years ago. If I did, it was only in response to a state level effort. I think the main reason is because the current political climate is very toxic at the national level. I don't mean toxic to cannabis, but just toxic all over. :(

• Like Like x 1
  8. Weezard

Weezard Registered+

Amen brother!

9. DirtyBlueGene

DirtyBlueGene Registered+

Heh. The dust blows in, the dust blows out.

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. Buck Rogers420

Buck Rogers420 Registered+

You guys are scarin me.
    I think I'll just blow out.
    :jimlad:

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. surfing1

surfing1 Registered+

While I don’t do FB or Twitter it seems message boards every where are dying off because of social media. JMO

12. Buds Buddy

Buds Buddy Registered+

Well I think I'll avoid posting anything I'm personally doing from here on out. I'll just post generalized stuff here & start using IC Mag more often. I use DuckDuckGo as my web browser on these sites but still don't like an unsecure site that's not encrypted. I'm pretty sure these search engines only hide your searches & not what you post so they only help if you're not posting.

13. Weezard

Weezard Registered+

That is correct.
    It is possible to stealth your browser with TOR (The onion router).
    I don't personally use it anymore because I stay state legal.
    If I were LEO, I'd assume that anyone using TOR is up to something, yah?

14. EvilCartman

EvilCartman Registered+

It works well, but can really be slow at times.
    A former member here started a now dead cannabis site and accused me of posting there under multiple usernames, because our IP addys were the same.
    I think it resolved to someplace in Romania. :D

They can assume all they want. :p
    There are too many folks out there wearing tin-foil hats, who use TOR to shop at Macy's, to associate TOR use alone with criminal activity. Let's hope they have better things to do. ;)

• Like Like x 1
  15. Rusty Trichome

Rusty Trichome Registered+

I remember that well.
    I had the opportunity to take-over the site, but other members were already busy screwing it up. Too many toes got stepped on (offering bogus info...) in that combative enviornment. Bummer, as most of those members were what I considered friends.
    Nice seeing you're still around, though.

• Like Like x 2
  16. Dutch Pimp

Dutch Pimp Up in Smoke

If we had known you were the Chosen One...that ten year ban...would have been shorter :thumbsupold:

17. Rusty Trichome

Rusty Trichome Registered+

18. Weezard

Weezard Registered+

Allow me to reiterate. HUH...?
    Last I heard. RT is working in the cannabis industry.
    He assisted with my weeducation, and is finally getting paid for his skills and expertise.

I'm a fan.
    Weeze

• Like Like x 1
  19. Pupp

Pupp Registered+

Probably. I never bought into the whole social media thing.

20. TomSawyer2112

TomSawyer2112 Registered+

I’m still around. I just tend to keep my shenanigans to myself lately. It’s pretty boring when you live behind the green curtain, and all the cool shit you do can’t be talked about without making a ton of people butthurt or raises the eyebrows of the coppers.