Trump wakes up and flips a coin...

Discussion in 'CANNABIS.COM Lounge' started by Pupp, Jul 18, 2018.

1. Pupp

Pupp Registered+

Every morning, President Trump flips a coin in deciding if he:

1) Heads: Says Russia hasn't interfered with the 2016 election

2) Tails: supports the American intelligence agencies in their finding that Russia did try to influence the 2016 election.

I remember when vice president Al Gore was taking flake for waffling on issues. But Trump is like on steroids when it comes to constantly changing his stance on the Russia issue.

I know Emma is gonna have a freak-out over this post.

Suck it up Emma, you can't defend Trump on everything.

No, please defend Trump. I'd love to know how you rationalize Trump basically shitting on the various American Intelligence agencies that HAVE determined that Russia tried to interfere with the 2016 election.

2. Pupp

Pupp Registered+

“Today’s press conference in Helsinki was one of the most disgraceful performances by an American president in memory. The damage inflicted by President Trump’s naiveté, egotism, false equivalence, and sympathy for autocrats is difficult to calculate. But it is clear that the summit in Helsinki was a tragic mistake.

“President Trump proved not only unable, but unwilling to stand up to Putin. He and Putin seemed to be speaking from the same script as the president made a conscious choice to defend a tyrant against the fair questions of a free press, and to grant Putin an uncontested platform to spew propaganda and lies to the world.

“It is tempting to describe the press conference as a pathetic rout – as an illustration of the perils of under-preparation and inexperience. But these were not the errant tweets of a novice politician. These were the deliberate choices of a president who seems determined to realize his delusions of a warm relationship with Putin’s regime without any regard for the true nature of his rule, his violent disregard for the sovereignty of his neighbors, his complicity in the slaughter of the Syrian people, his violation of international treaties, and his assault on democratic institutions throughout the world.

“Coming close on the heels of President Trump’s bombastic and erratic conduct towards our closest friends and allies in Brussels and Britain, today’s press conference marks a recent low point in the history of the American Presidency. That the president was attended in Helsinki by a team of competent and patriotic advisors makes his blunders and capitulations all the more painful and inexplicable.

“No prior president has ever abased himself more abjectly before a tyrant. Not only did President Trump fail to speak the truth about an adversary; but speaking for America to the world, our president failed to defend all that makes us who we are—a republic of free people dedicated to the cause of liberty at home and abroad. American presidents must be the champions of that cause if it is to succeed. Americans are waiting and hoping for President Trump to embrace that sacred responsibility. One can only hope they are not waiting totally in vain.”

John McCain
    Senator, Arizona

• Like Like x 2
  3. Buds Buddy

Buds Buddy Registered+

I am a Trump supporter. However, I do feel he kind of crossed the line on this one. But then again, every president does something we don't like & we criticize them for it. It's the American way ! I started out an Obama supporter too when he got elected. Then I saw his true colors;
    which was Take from everybody who has a dime to their names to support all the lazy people who wont get off their asses & get a job to pay for their own health insurance. Obama constantly put down our police forces over killing blacks in self defense. I know there were a few cases that may have been unjustified...but hell, maybe the cops were scared & just felt it necessary. NO...that doesn't make it excusable, but I can surely see why it happens. Then the Treyvon Martin thing came & Obama made the comment "If I had a son he'd look like Treyvon Martin". That was the end of me supporting Obama.
    Anyway, America definitely needs change. We've been stuck with stagnant wages for way too long. Too much trade with other countries & not making enough of the products ourselves. We need to make these things here & create more jobs & quit buying so much from other countries.
    We were getting the shit end of the stick. Although, I have no idea how this will all turn out in the end, I have to give Trump credit for trying to make things more fair for the U.S. I want a country where you get to keep what you earn & none of my money goes to supporting others who don't work. Shut down the welfare system & immigration will come close to a complete halt. Until your retired you should receive nothing from the government in the form of assistance. Work for it !!! Welfare makes people lazy & they don't look for a job because they get to live for free.
    But as far as the things Trump says, I just take it with a grain of salt because it shows that he doesn't think before he speaks. He obviously wants to be friends with Russia & I don't think that's a bad thing either. I really could care less what other leaders do their people in their country. It's none of our business what they do under their laws & we should stay out of it. Unless they are attacking America why should it even matter to us ?
    So....what a president says makes no difference to me....what a president accomplishes means everything ! So far, Trump is doing OK in my book….not great, but OK. He's stirring shit up & trying like hell to get a fair shake for America & I will give him credit for that because I believe he's right. Only time will tell.
    As far as all the B.S. about Russian interference in the election....I don't know & I don't care. I'm just glad Hillary lost because of her open boarders policy which I'm totally against.
    I just wonder why after Obama's term we hear absolutely nothing about Isis anymore. Seemed more like Obama was one of them & not one of us through that whole fiasco. So once again....no president is perfect.
    I also believe Hillary & her Democratic party is behind all this Russian interference garbage because she still can't accept the fact she got beat. They've been dragging this out for 2 years & I'm sick of hearing about it. It's done, It's over & it's time to move on & focus on making our country stronger than ever.
    If you don't think Trumps doing a good job maybe you should look into the unemployment ratings since he took office compared to the 8 years Obama was in office.

4. Pupp

Pupp Registered+

Clearly the USA had been stagnant since at least the start of the 2nd Bush administration. Mostly due to Washington gridlock. Sadly, it's taken the election of a monster to show congress just how stagnant they've been for way too many years. The stagnation really got much worse at some point in the Obama administration.
    I suspect the Millennials will eventually become the driving force for politics. They're already making a difference, but even more so as the years go on. I think the 2018 elections will be a generational marker that signals the end of the Baby Boomer generation being the prime drivers in politics to the younger generations. It's the population between the Baby Boomers and Millenials that will mark how that pans out. If more of the in-between generation supports the millennial's political objectives, then the baby boomers as a Greatest Generation will eventually become the historical Greatest Generation.

I have nothing against the older generation as a population, but clearly the older politicians, at least many of them, are out of touch with what is really driving America today in the social-economic sense, among other things. When I say older politicans, I mean those incumbents that have been in congress for many years, often decades. Not all, but certainly many of them are just out of touch with the political-social-economic landscape. They hold on to their original platform from say, the 90's, and refuse to change their stance on fundamental things like the simple fact that Marijuana, THC and CBD can have medical benefits. But it goes far beyond that simple example. :(