Vermont (VT)

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana States' started by Brattleboro Reformer #5, Aug 24, 2015.

?

Which best describes your feelings towards the pricing at current dispensary?

1. Significantly overpriced, focused on profits

2 vote(s)
    66.7%
  2. A little overpriced

1 vote(s)
    33.3%
  3. Fair market value

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Good deal

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. There's been some lively debate lately over the state of medical marijuana in Vermont. Patients have expressed strong feelings and opinions on issues without a good place to discuss them with fellow Vermonters. Please use this is a forum to communicate views, share information, where respectful dialogue and constructive criticism can educate and benefit patients.

2. Truthseeking1

Truthseeking1 Registered

I'm here. You've seen my previous comments.

How did you become aware of the discussion happening on BookFresh? Do you have any questions for me?

Most importantly, what is your name and which department of the Reformer do you work in?

Forgive me, but posing as such is not beneath the people about whom I was commenting on.

3. Shovelhandle

Shovelhandle Registered+

I'm in Vermont but have no idea of the dispensary scene. I have a nephew who does use the dispensary but other he's not said much about that. My doctor offered to write a recommendation for myself and my wife (who does not use cannabis). But as I grow and I would not spend any money at a dispensory I would not want the register with the state at this time.

4. vermonstah

vermonstah Registered+

Burlington born and raised, do i think shane lynn is doing ANYTHING but lining his pockets.....????? no, i WILL NEVER SUPPORT SHANE LYNN! I am a native american also so i can tell you it'll be a cold day in hell before i EVER allow white mans laws to dictate how i garden! Now that being said, i am a caregiver on a different level then the state will recognize. I am that dude who helps cancer patients recover enough to have a quality of life they can live with. this plant is a wonderful tool if you can respect it's potential. I would help ANYONE who needs it, however ive seen alot of greed, misinformation and a state government dragging its ass to do anything for its residents that need the help. Burlington is a perfect example.....miro weinberger from N.Y.C , A ( where he was a developer mind you) gentrified areas at will(brooklyn for example) doing the same thing in burlington now, 95% of whats available to locals is financially unattainable now. A 500-600 a month rental in chittenden county is unheard of now(unless its closet space lol) So i can only hope that with a new election someone will be put in office whom has there hearts in the right place for our lovely state. TBH i kinda wish bernie sanders was mayor of burlington again!

5. vermonstah

vermonstah Registered+

GOOD MAN! you prob produce better medicine then they sell anywho my friend!

6. Truthseeking1

Truthseeking1 Registered

The scene has it's ups and down. You should register as a self-grower for the state sanctioned legal defenses; now that federal prosecution of patients following state law has been defunded. By not following state law, you open yourself up to federal charges. Additionally, hope you used Tor to post this; the IP location for this website is in Seattle (not a foreign country); therefore your IP being attached to this post on the back end, can be used by LEO to obtain your identity from your ISP.

They actually produce really high quality organic buds most of the time. The only problem is that they want too much for them; and Shayne Lynn actually thinks he's justified in charging more for the main tops. I've definitely grown before; but at this point I'm not well enough to care for the plants on a daily basis. There is also the absurd plant limits, which wouldn't be a problem if it weren't for the ban on outdoor growing.

7. Truthseeking1

Truthseeking1 Registered

Try this on for size: Shortly after the CVD dispensary went live, Shayne Lynn and others (whom had no previous experience creating and managing dispensaries other than his own, mind you) started Ceres Project Management (www.cerespm.com). This is a business whose sole purpose is to.....create and manage dispensaries. So, being a non-profit with a board (which Shayne is on), they can choose to utilize vendors for things such as management and payroll services, and vote on which ones to use. What we have here is a business that is nothing but an ATM card with Shayne Lynn's name on it - the bank, being the non-profit. He's on the board, and mostly likely paying himself as a vendor. Unethical? Definitely. A real dick move? Most certainly. Illegal? I don't know.... What makes me laugh, is that anyone who has been a long time customer of his (who also isn't blowing him) knows that he's TERRIBLE at managing them. He's also a stingy boss who pays his budtenders minimum wage, then lets them go the minute the figure out how much they're really worth.

8. vermonstah

vermonstah Registered+

Well then luckily for me i spent years in the military and know how to avoid uncle sam snooping on me, plus if he wants to roll up on an office site and grab the computer i used , im sure the owners would love suing them for rushing in for NOTHING! Not everyone is that naieve!

9. vermonstah

vermonstah Registered+

I know whom is one of his growers....lmao dude bought an organic soil recipe off me, well not bought but i didnt just give away hours of hard work if ya get my drift, i guess i look at things differently than others do. For one i think the whole dispensary system is a joke. I am a lifelong vermonter and i can tell you growing up if i needed herbs its was easily found, "usually" grown with care! Now all i see is greed, junkies getting there hands on herbs to sell to support there habits, and the state allowing anyone with "what they deem" is a mmj approved illness lol, imho, its easily abused. I just want to love this plant till i die, If i have to fight battles to achieve this goal i will.

10. vermonstah

vermonstah Registered+

No offense but you made a shitload of assumptions about me from one post! that's not kool!

• Like Like x 1
  11. Truthseeking1

Truthseeking1 Registered

Naw man, it was a multi reply post, one was for another guy, the next for you. I was just telling him, that there is more than one reason someone should get their card. It's good peace of mind to know that a Vermont cop (and any cop in a reciprocating state) can't really bother me unless they were determined to be a dick.

12. vermonstah

vermonstah Registered+

I gotta say truth.........with dcf issue's of late, the roads all over our state,bridges etc. I am really starting to wonder why they wont pull the trigger on recreational use? Maybe infuse our economy with much needed help sans fed's money! What would be nice is if we could network in state (like a collective out west) to help one another dial in specific strains so our patients etc have access to what they should have....top shelf organics grown by loving hands.

13. Truthseeking1

Truthseeking1 Registered

Did you participate in the recent public forum talks on legalization that took place? There is a really big push happening right now. This is because Shumlin seems sympathetic to the cause, but he is not running again. We don't know who the next governor will be, so they want to get it done now if possible. The next guy might not be so understanding.

14. vermonstah

vermonstah Registered+

indeed and it appears shap smith the speaker of the house is the first outa the gate sorta speak. How can anyone who see's our state's financial woes not see this as a viable way to infuse our state with BADLY NEEDED funding. I mean yeah i know the state lottery system pays into the school fund.....last i checked it WASNT ENOUGH!

15. Shovelhandle

Shovelhandle Registered+

This is Vermont, We do what I want. Fuck registrations. We don't need no stinking registrations.

• Like Like x 1
  16. vermonstah

vermonstah Registered+

typical vermonter^^^^^^^^! If my grandpa could only see his home state now......... zzzzzgrandpa stoddert.jpg

17. \

Hi Truthseeker,

I take no offense to your suspicious. Better cautious than foolish. I've posted a few reviews of SVT at Bookfresh, under a pseudeoname of course, due to work, and the unfortunate existence of real life Jabba the Hut type people. You know, the Chris Christies, who smugly denounce you as "diseased" for relieving with medical mariuana, whilethey shlosh down $400 of concession food with diet Pepsi in a skybox with taxpayer money, not aware of the hot dog pieces stuck in their five chins, that they can't feel through their twelves inch layer of blubber. I'd be happy to share a bit more info through a PM if that helps, but I think my position speaks for itself. Yes, I left good reviews; I love SVW buds for relief- I really do believe they're the best. But I'm also a consumer, and my need to do what's best for me outweighs any reason I'd have to be part of the bookfresh "circle jerk," as you call it. (laughed pretty hard when I saw that, even though you probably directed it at reviewers like me.) So, with all that being said, right or not, your criticism was well written, and made some good points. Best critique so far. Yes, I agree charging that much more for tops is silly, although it doesn't make me mad, since I've never bought it. However, I am 100% with you calling BS on their excuse for keeping prices so high. I like to give people the benefit of the doubt, but I hate being lied to, and their motivation on this is just too transparent. In my experience, the guys at the Bratt shop are awesome- really nice, helpful, friendly, caring. I've never met the owners though, or anyone else. I know I can be a SVW fanboy sometimes, and I love certain products there, but you finally got me on board with taking a critical position for important issues as well.

Btw, My mistake on picking a name that indicates I work for the Reformer. When I thought of the username late last night, I meant it literally as someone hoping to reform things that matter in Brattleboro. I see how misleading it is now, guess that's what happen writing at 3am.

Questions? yes, I do! I'm curious about other dispensaries. Heard Rutland had great prices, but no way to find out for myself. Can you give some examples of strains, potencies, difference in labeling (do edibles list THC in mgs?), and prices? How and when will things change when delivery is an option? Who's going to deliver in Brattleboro? Just one, or will their be real competition?

I first came across reviews on Bookfresh a few months back, when I had to designate a procurement selection on my application. I prefer to make sensible, smart economical decisions when it comes to spending money, so having useful information is essential- reviews from certified buyers, price comparisons, expert reviews, independent testing, etc. Bookfresh was disappointing, providing minimal information scattered throughout about 10 vaguely written user reviews; no prices or specific differences from competitors. I bookmarked it anyway, because what else is there? Leafly has detailed menus and prices for dispensaries across the country, so the scarcity of information for one in my own town is a bit ridiculous. Don't know if that's an innocent consequence of a half baked plan, or an intentional effort to minimize competition and avoid price wars between vendors, suppressing any information that would be helpful for consumers. We live in a society with a wealth of information at our fingertips, and comprehensive instantaneous price comparison tools for anything from cars to q-tips. Thanks to Amazon, we have the info to purchase with confidence, there's 3,800 reviews for just a $22 towel set, and a marketplace that compiles and shows you prices on all 40 merchants selling the latest Madden Game, so you can determine real market prices.

For retailers seeking profits, the less consumers know the better. I don't know any VT dispensary owners personally, so I don't know what their true motives and intentions are, but if it's motivated by profit, they will not want anything to change, as they profit more when consumers know less. You may be right that they have no plans on a goodwill gesture to improve affordability on our behalf. I think two things need to happen- 1) Competition! We're only allowed to chose one place, and there's really no where else nearby anyway, so they literally have no legally operating competition. 2) Open Information! As patients, we have none of the basic information accessible that allows us to be rational actors for our own best interests in the marketplace. They can try to keep us in the dark, but in 2015, that's really not possible for long. Just look at the new car sale market. Back when they didn't have to show you the sticker price, people had no reference for what would be a fair price. People didn't know about holdbacks, invoice, true car value, lowest priced deals in the area... they did not have the information, and dealership did not want them to. Of course they want to maximize profits, and get and much out of you as they could. Then, the rules changed, Edmunds and TrueCar came out with features to empower consumers with knowledge to help them negotiate better deals, and it changed everything. Car dealerships are still there, and ironically, can use the consumer friendly tools to stay relevant- benefiting from quick straightforward transaction that produce happy customers telling their friends, trading higher margins for higher volumes.

Last edited: Aug 25, 2015
  18. Btw, great discussion so far. Seems like people are able to honestly speak their minds, which is exactly what we need. Raising awareness, not to be mean or nasty, but just to call out an injustice you see and get the ball rolling for change. Even if we disagree on a thing or two, there's some solidarity in knowing that everyone here is in the same boat. I love discovering the real truth in life, whatever that is.

19. As consumers, the good news is that we ultimately hold the trump card. If enough of us become aware of come together around certain issues, we could petition to the owner to make the changes that VT patients need most. It has to come down to this- we agree upon the most important changes that are needed to maintain a symbiotic customer/owner relationship. Maybe 2-3 reasonable ones that find a balance between profits and a fair deal for us. If they have to chose between losing enough customers to cripple their profitability, or doing the right thing for patients to build their customer base, loyalty and satisfaction, they'd be crazy not to listen. If you could ask for three changes at SVW, what would they be?

• Like Like x 1
  20. vermonstah

vermonstah Registered+

Honestly my friend ^^^^^^ if you think that guys flowers are the best you can get........i'd like to show you another side of things.........................