Waaaay too much...please help!

Discussion in 'Marijuana Methods' started by shanep330, Feb 26, 2017.

1. shanep330

shanep330 Registered

Ok so I'm probably going to get kicked off of here for this but here it goes. Does anyone on here know of a way to decrease, yes Decrease, the amount of thc in marijuana? Im not talking in terms of growing I mean lowering the thc levels in something already cultivated. I know I'm gonna hear how Im disrespecting weed or whatever else but here is why I ask. Make no mistake I love marijuana, the problem is I grew up smoking reg, good weed was pretty damn rare back in the day and now it seems like reg/mids is pretty rare and hard to find these days so I have no choice but to smoke "loud" aka this crazy shit with waaaaay more thc than I need. Some of this shit damn near gives me a heart attack after only a hit 2, if im feeling like a daredevil. Yeah I just cant handle it, no matter how hard I try. I still smoke everyday a few times a day and I feel like im not able to build a tolerance. Every once in a great while I'll manage to find some reg and im like "ok, now this is weed, the weed I know and love" and then I get stuck with loud and im like "ok this is super weed thats probably gonna fucking kill me if I hit it too hard" so yeah I really need some good help and advice here cause I'm tires of having a panic attack every goddamn time I try to smoke. I'm seriously thinking about quitting until someone in the industry realizes that there is still very much a market out there for weaker weed. Like I said no matter what I do I can't seem to regain my tolarence for it and reg is really fucking hard to come by hence why I need a surefire way to get some of the thc out of my bud without killing it completely. Please Please Help!!!!

2. Cheesybuds

Cheesybuds Registered+

why not try and smoke less at a time i dont think youd be able to decrease the thc

3. shanep330

shanep330 Registered

I do smoke less, alot less, kind of hard to do when you don't go past one hit

4. EvilCartman

EvilCartman Registered+

Store it in a way that is conducive to the degradation of the THC. A sunny, warm windowsill is a great place to start. It won't happen instantly, but THC will gradually diminish. Here's a link showing a 50 day storage result

If you are this sensitive, maybe look into some of the high CBD varieties. They are, by design, quite low in THC.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. shanep330

shanep330 Registered

Thanks man...definitely going to try this, yeah I dont really get a choice when it comes to strains...I just end up with whatevers around lol

• Like Like x 1
  6. Weezard

Weezard Registered+

If my buds were too potent, I'd buy a bag of ice and a silk screen or bubble bag set.
    Freeze the buds and toss them in the ice water to knock off about half the resin glands.
    Spread the wet weed on a screen to dry it, and the "water cure" will give you a mellow, tasty smoke with less "punch"
    Collect those glands to make hash, then trade the hash to people who can never get high enough, for more buds.

Actually my friends complain alla time that my buds are too strong.
    I jus' tellum, "smoke less". :D

• Like Like x 1
  7. shanep330

shanep330 Registered

I read putting it in the microwave for a short time on a low power setting could work but I'm not sure if I trust using a microwave for something thats going into my lungs...sounds like a surefire way to get lung cancer

8. shanep330

shanep330 Registered

Yeah man I'm on some one hitter quitter shit and I still don't understand how or why? I started when I was 14 and I'm gonna be 25 in a few weeks so I'm definitely not a noob...I did have to quit for court which was only one month and ever since then my tolerance is that of a 2 year old lol and the month I took off was nearly a year ago

9. shanep330

shanep330 Registered

Someone in the industry needs to realize there is definitely a market for weaker weed...I'm not saying some buster brown shit but some nice mid grade nugs that get the job done...its really like the difference between beer and liquor. Im not trying to get drunk off a shot or 2 but I might wanna sip a few beers and get there slowly....They need to market weed in the same kind of way ya know

10. theweedsneeds

theweedsneeds Registered+

Ahhh come on now guys you wanna decrease the potency ? That's like saying you wanna downgrade your car because it runs to good .May I suggest maybe something that leans more toward the cbd side ? I feel like all the weak stuff has been lost ..grow some weed and pluck it pre mature ? Hmm :eek:

11. shanep330

shanep330 Registered

Once again...I dont get choices I get whatevers available hence the reason of wanting to decrease thc content so no its really not the same...its more like Id rather have a few beers over the course of a few hours instead of getting tanked off 2 or 3 shots of liquor...oh and I live in Ohio so growing isnt exactly an option...I already thought about all of those things my only option really is to turn my crazy ass weed into some tolerable less intense weed thru thc degradation

12. shanep330

shanep330 Registered

I have it setting inside of a vent while the heats on so hopefully that will help til I get some good sunlight

13. tangentweed

tangentweed Registered+

Next grow, buy seeds of a strain with lower THC levels.
    Many seed banks list the THC percentages in the strain description.
    Herbies Seeds does on most of their listings.

If growing is an option for you that is..

14. Weezard

Weezard Registered+

Nope, Not in Ohio. :(
    Here's a tip. if you put it through a grinder the wax caps rupture and the THC starts to oxidize.
    Never thought I'd say this, but grind it, and keep it in a hot, brightly lit, place.
    :)

• Winner Winner x 1
  15. shanep330

shanep330 Registered

Thank you! I know the whole thing sounds completely insane...honestly if I still had a tolerance left I'd probably wanna slap myself for even thinking of trying to lose thc but I dont know man something changed in me or something. Like I said I had to take a month off about a year ago and ever since I have almost no tolerance and I can't seem to get it back for some reason. I used to be able to smoke all day and would swear I only had a buzz now I'm like reallu sensitive to it for some reason...some of the weirdest shit ever man

16. Weezard

Weezard Registered+

Ah, dunno. Sounds like an enviable money saver to me. :D

• Like Like x 1
  17. shanep330

shanep330 Registered

Something like that lol I just dont like that panic attack shit where my heart starts beating too fast...I thought that shit was over with years ago lol

18. theweedsneeds

theweedsneeds Registered+

I feel like you should just sit there and smoke bowl after bowl after bowl after bowl after bowl you can do it champ let's go champ you're the weed smoking champ :doublethumbs:

19. larry121

larry121 Registered

Attached Files:

• Informative Informative x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  20. EvilCartman

EvilCartman Registered+

Fuckin' Larry!