Weed+Tobacco

Discussion in 'Marijuana Methods' started by HydroSON, Dec 4, 2007.

1. HydroSON

HydroSON Banned

You know when people roll spliffs they put tobacco in it with weed?
    Does this get you higher for longer? I heard it does.

2. twistpipe109

twistpipe109 Banned

3. Benjihad

Benjihad Registered

I personally do it because it gives a big head rush, that might just be the nicotine buzz though.

4. Storm Crow

Storm Crow Registered+

Progression from marijuana use to daily smoking and nicotine dependence
    Erowid.org: Erowid Reference 6951 : Progression from marijuana use to daily smoking and nicotine dependence in a national sample of U.S. adolescents : Timberlake DS, Haberstick BC, Hopfer CJ, Bricker J, Sakai JT, Lessem JM, Hewitt JK

Radioactive tobacco
    Radioactive tobacco

Cannabis Smoke and Cancer: Assessing the Risk
    Cannabis Smoke and Cancer: Assessing the Risk - NORML

Cannabis and tobacco smoke are not equally carcinogenic
    Cannabis and tobacco smoke are not equally carcinogenic

Smoking Marijuana Does Not Cause Lung Cancer
    US: Web: Study: Smoking Marijuana Does Not Cause Lung Cancer

Tobacco is nasty and an effective insecticide (kills most living things). - Granny:hippy:

5. smokealot123

smokealot123 Registered+

if you roll a pure spliff? it will get you higher oviously.

i never roll pure because i cant seem to roll it loose enough.. use a pinch evrytime.

6. 420_24/7

420_24/7 Registered+

No, if you dont smoke tobacco it may give you a bit of a rush, but it wont happen after a while. It is pretty obvious that if you roll a pure spliff the same size as a mixed spliff you will get higher off the pure spliff

7. Fotokopie

Fotokopie Registered+

I think mixing weed with tobacco is a waste of good green.
    Would you smoke brown weed? Why smoke tobacco then?

Tobacco = shit.

8. xxMJAHxx

xxMJAHxx Registered+

of course you will get higher off a pure joint the same size than a mixed joint, but you're not gonna put more weed because its not mixed

I do mix a little tobacco in my weed, i dont really taste it, makes the weed burn more even, its easier on the throat when you smoke big jays, and makes it slightly fatter when you smoke with alot of people. Plus, its how its done most of the time here, so its like a habit..

9. shimmer

shimmer Registered

Like MJAH has said it does make it weed burn more even. I tried smoking it a few times without tobacco when I was Canada, because that's how most of my Canadian friends smoke it, but doesn't light up well and you have to constantly stand there with a lighter in your hand and it's annoying if you're out.

10. Infamous

Infamous Registered+

^Agreed. I started smoking young and we couldnt afford pure joints even if we wanted to so it was tobacco all the way....

To be honest I like to smoke a ciggy straight after a J......it gives me an even more relaxed stone. I suppose its just the enhanced effects of feeling the nicotine though.

11. DRybes

DRybes Registered+

Smoking cigs while high or drunk or on anything, really, is relaxing and much more fun than smoking normally. I know plenty of people who only smoke when they're high or drunk, but when they do, they practically chain em.

Being a smoker myself I mix tobacco with weed to make it go further. A joint is one of the most wasteful ways of smoking weed (though the pros outweigh the cons). If you smoke tobacco anyway, mix em 50 50 (and mix them WELL) and roll medium... never pinner, never too fat. You have to know how to get it really tight, and how to mix them right, or your shit will go out all the time. Burns smoother, lasts longer, wastes less weed smoke inbetween hits.

Tobacco is addictive as hell though. I'm addicted and you will be too if you do it often enough. Avoid mixing unless you're visiting and its the custom (very common in England, and somewhat common in Canada... rarer in the US), or you smoke tobacco already. Doobie and spliff are terms specifically for a mixed roll. Smoker or not, tolerant of nicotine or not, you'll still get a headrush from a spliff, because you hit harder and hold longer when it's weed, than you normally do. Similar with a bong (bong tobacco sometime, it'll knock you on your fuckin' ass)

If you're a nonsmoker looking to conserve the green, try mixing with catnip (careful, it tears papers easily). Catnip doesn't taste bad, sorta tastes like weed really, and gives you a bit of a buzz to boot.

Last edited: Dec 5, 2007
  12. Fotokopie

Fotokopie Registered+

I love the taste of a pure joint,
    I don't smoke though, so whatever you like.

Hahahah...
    I ripped right now from a few pure Js.

13. Nightrafe

Nightrafe Registered+

You will get faster high and become stoned afterwards. If you smoke just weed you don't get stoned, only high. Try it and if you like it continue with it.

14. WeedyBoyWonder

WeedyBoyWonder Registered+

WEED gets you "high", tobacco does not. How would smoking tobacco with your cannabis make you higher for longer?
    Sounds stupid if you ask me.

15. Storm Crow

Storm Crow Registered+

Nicotine is poisonous!

What you are mistaking for being higher is being mildly poisoned! Nicotine is a deadly and addictive poison. Every time you use it you run the risk of becoming addicted.

My bio prof (way back the first time I went to college) told us something interesting- if you take a single drop of nicotine and put it on the ear of a rabbit, that rabbit will be dead before 24 hours is up! :( NO, we never did it as an experiment, but I believe him! This was back in the 60s, before the all the news about cancer and all that was popular.

How addictive is nicotine? Once, early in our marriage, the hubby and I were out of money- day before payday. We scrounged together a bit of change and since we were out of food, I wanted to get some bread, a box of mac and cheese and a can of cheap tuna. Hubby said "NO! I need my Camel Cigarettes!" We had the very first argument of our marriage over tobacco. We compromised- I got the tuna and the mac & cheese, no bread, he got Bull Durham.

But there he was, young and madly in love, but willing to let both of us go hungry to feed his addiction! And, no, he isn't normally such an ass! Wouldn't still be with him if he was.

He is still addicted after 40 years. He still needs his tobacco. He's thinking of quitting.....again. I've lost count how many times he's "quit". Maybe THIS time..... Granny:hippy:

16. CheeseOnToast

CheeseOnToast Registered+

Tobacco makes it burn better.
    Tobacco spreads your weed further.
    Tobacco helps keep your tolerance low.

17. WeedyBoyWonder

WeedyBoyWonder Registered+

Tobacco Kills.

18. Storm Crow

Storm Crow Registered+

Thank you, Weedy :thumbsup: - Granny:hippy:

19. smokealot123

smokealot123 Registered+

whell in my experiances and my friends all say that you will get more stoned off just a pure joint no matter what the size, it's just the strong buz it gives off hard to explain but i find tobacco unless u have to use it for wet and burning better when u have wet weed. i smoke maby 10 -15 joints b4 i smoke a pure 1. i just like the buz and taste from the tobacco:jointsmile:

20. tooOhsvn

tooOhsvn Registered

I find that smoking a 50/50 splif actually results in a shorter high, as when the nicotines stimulant effect is over, your feel a whole body let-down. Of course to postpone the downer feeling, keep smoking strait ciggs until you cough some tar.

• Like Like x 1