Week 9 flowering

Discussion in 'Indoor Growing' started by Justaseedling101, Feb 23, 2017.

1. Justaseedling101

Justaseedling101 Registered

Good Day,

I am writing to ask for harvest advice. Currently week 9 of flowering. However, I am not seeing "buds". I had 180 watts so far. I have just added another 200 watts today in hopes to spur some larger buds. I understand I my not yeild as much as I'd like. Would just like some advice on when to harvest and/or how much longer I should wait.

Thanks!

Attached Files:

2. emilya

emilya Future Dispensary Owner

Hi Just...
    Nope, you are not even close to harvest time yet, and if you seriously have been flowering for 9 weeks, you must have a very long flowering sativa here. Some of these things can go for 18 weeks, and more commonly around 14 weeks. The 14 week variety is what I am guessing you have here... do you have a name for this plant? What does the breeder say about the strain?
    As far as your wattage... you don't have a lot going on there, but that deficit won't usually cause your plants to extend their flowering period, it just causes them to be smaller and have less buds. The length of flowering time is genetic.
    So looking at your pictures and seeing all those blonde pistils, it is clear that you are still in full flowering mode. The buds have not even begun to swell yet, but I think that in another couple of weeks you will see the pistils begin to darken and pull back and the buds will begin to double in size. I am guessing 5 more weeks before harvest from what I can see here. Get down in there with a loupe and look at the trichomes to see if they are beginning to turn too, but I would guess that you still have clear trichomes all over the place at this point.

• Agree Agree x 3
  3. Justaseedling101

Thanks for the insight! The seed is random so no known grower. I'm attempting to add photos but says they are not available when I attempt to upload. The colas have began to lean and thickness has increased in other areas. What should I look for in the final week to determine harvest?

Last edited: Mar 2, 2017
  4. emilya

Management... something is wrong with the message posting system... one has to post first a reply with the quote, and then edit it... our wyswyg editor has gone away.

The last week you will note that all of the blonde pistils will bend back and turn colors, the buds will have swelled to about twice the size they were before, and if you look with a magnifying glass, the trichomes will be starting to turn amber. This is when you harvest.... not before.

• Like Like x 1
  5. AngiezPlanet

AngiezPlanet Administrator Staff Member

I am currently writing up a ticket on this issue as well as a few others that are similar. Please be patient with us as this latest hiccup seems to all be connected and is taking a bit more than the usual "Ahh we found it" quick fix :). Thank you for bringing this to our attention.

Stay Lifted Friends :)

Angie

Last edited: Mar 2, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Weezard

Weezard Registered+

I'm not having any issues with it.
    Works jus' fine.
    Even does edits.

7. emilya

I changed my settings away from using the enhanced editor. Now I have a posting box. Going to now try changing back and see if I can do this again.

8. emilya

this was a reposting because it didnt look like it worked,... I have just edited it with this new message

Edit after going back to rich text editor:
    My editing box has again disappeared. I can not originate another message. Turning off rich text editor now. Also am noting that the alerts no longer display when rolling the mouse over them... I have to click on the alert tab to see what is there.

9. Weezard

Weezard Registered+

Just tried all that.
    Not having any problems here.
    Hope that helps debug.

10. Justaseedling101

I am currently attempting to add pictures of the trichombs and colas. However, there is no option to add image, nor can I drag and drop as usual. The url turns into the photos url and takes me away from this page. When I click the More Options... button, a message appears at the top "unspecified error". Any suggestions?

11. Weezard

Weezard Registered+

What's your operating system?
    And can you add photos to your media?

12. Justaseedling101

Windows 10 =\ and chrome

13. Weezard

Weezard Registered+

I still have no trouble. Win-7 and Firefox.
    I just hit "upload a file", browsed to one and chose it.

Here's what you want to see when ready to harvest.
    Ripe H.jpg
    'course it's your call. Personally, I like "mostly cloudy.
    Mon Dec 07 14-10-03-e.jpg Mon Dec 07 14-06-38-e.jpg
    Makes for better "thinking" weed.
    I save the rusty trichome buds for "nightcap" smoke.
    Ever smoke a couple micro ducks? I have. :D
    lovers.jpg
    Aloha,
    Weeze

• Like Like x 3
  14. Justaseedling101

I do not see the "upload file" which seems to be my concern. My trichomes are looking currently like the second photo

Also each time I "post reply" the page says "unspecified error" and doesn't post. But when I refresh the post has posted

15. Weezard

Weezard Registered+

It's looking like a win-10 update just boned it's users.
    The unspecified error was caused by it's getting lost after posting your message.
    Try rolling back the last update and see if that fixes it for you.
    Otherwise, ah dunno.

16. higher_than_you

higher_than_you Registered+

Hey man, Whats your temperatures? I thought I had sativa dominant phenotypes on my last grow, turns out during the night I was hitting low temps, like 05c to -05 for at least a couple weeks, they slowed right up and look like yours do now. Hopefully she is a sativa Dom but check those trichs asap

Last edited: Mar 5, 2017