What Happened Here?

Discussion in 'Experiences' started by AladdinSane, Jul 25, 2018.

1. AladdinSane

AladdinSane Registered+

Is there another cannabis related site that everyone migrated to? You'd think that Cannabis.com would be THE place to go, to do what you do, relating to cannabis.

But, no.

So a few questions for those remaining:

Did this site used to be good?
    Were there a lot of people here?
    Was it informative or just a place to talk about munchies or what bong is best?

Finally, what was it's downfall?
    And does anyone care?

2. Dutch Pimp

Dutch Pimp Up in Smoke

1. Yes
    2. Yes
    3. It was informative.
    4. The Great Crash of 2009 :oops:
    5. no

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. Weezard

Weezard Registered+

5. Well, maybe, a wee bit. :)

And after the crash, Sundance sold the place to Weedmaps.
    They had serious growing pains and we lost our Kahunas.
    If you need information, I also hang out at ICmag, there are still some accomplished growers there.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. shelton abbey

shelton abbey Registered+

yes its mad how its got so quiet ,started months back, but these last few weeks even more so
    not sure how to explain it ,,as u say alladinsane cannabis.com you'd imagine it would be the go to place
    go figure

5. Weezard

Weezard Registered+

One thing. School let out for summer vacation. so we lost the ones logging in from school for a few months.

6. mytwhyt

mytwhyt Registered+

218,706 members claimed, 14 members visited last 24 hours according to the statistics... :doublethumbs:

7. Buds Buddy

Buds Buddy Registered+

I joined this site about 6 months ago & it's nothing like I expected. Takes days or even weeks to get a reply to a question if you even get one at all. Nothing like the Mustang Forums I belong to. Ask a question there & check back in a couple hours & you usually have a reply. By the time you get an answer here...your plants could be dead. From what I've found there's only about 5 or 6 knowledgeable growers here & only 1/2 of them are daily visitors. Weezard & Dutch are both regulars & good at what they do. Emilya & Irydium are also very good....but you hardly see them. I'm sure there are others....but these are the 4 I tend to listen to the most as there experience shows.
    I wish I could find a better site where people are more helpful too....but so far they're all about the same. However, "ILGM.com" (I Love Growing Marijuana) is a pretty good information site also.
    I'm having plant problems now....but ….??? Who knows if I'll get a reply. Haven't got one on several other posts. I came here to learn about this....but just can't get answers fast enough before things get worse.

8. EvilCartman

EvilCartman Registered+

Crickets

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. Dutch Pimp

Dutch Pimp Up in Smoke

ICmag: put the lime in the coconut & call me in the morning.:thumbsupold:

World Class High Priests of Cannabis, available for advice.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Buds Buddy

Buds Buddy Registered+

I just joined that site. Wow ... over 200 members on the site in just the last hour. This site only gets about 200 per week if that. Thank You guys for pointing me in the right direction. Had never heard of that site before. I'm actually kind of excited about growing again now. Already found several informative posts so I think this site may have more answers for me. Thanks Again !!!

• Like Like x 2
  11. Up In Smoke 420

Up In Smoke 420 Registered+

This site used to be more active. In 2005-2006 the Cannabis Lounge would have several threads posted each day. Each thread would get a reply fairly quickly, and you could get a multi page thread going no problem. The other popular sub forum if I'm remembering correctly was the experiences forum, it was basically just as popular as the lounge was in that time.

It was mostly chit chat and the like. You could get some good information if you posted looking for it but really the only active informative category was the growing section. So all in all it was good as it was more active in postings from members and threads created. Also I don't really know when the downfall was. Are forums still as popular? Part of me thinks people are communicating more on Facebook groups instead. But then again Reddit, and more in tune with us, Grasscity still seem popular as they've generally always been. What's this thing that happened in 2009?