What Happened to Bud Quality?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Strains' started by 420tokescience, Sep 24, 2016.

1. 420tokescience

420tokescience Registered

Years ago, i use to get great bud. in the last few years, the bud i have been seeing is different than what i use to get.

Remember white widow and strains like that covered with white crystals looking like snow. sticky buds.

that light green sativa that smells like coffee and crumbs when you touch it to a crystal powder.

or, that orange haired BC bud with crystals.

everything i see now looks like dry outdoor, i think. its more leafy, and dry, and not as many crystals. is this because we are seeing more outdoor now due to need in volume coming with legalization in many states?

I just don't understand, i miss the bud i use to get.

2. EvilCartman

EvilCartman Registered+

I believe that's exactly what you're seeing.

For many growers, it was a labor of love, producing the best bud they could. Indoors or out. These folks still exist. For them, the money was secondary.
    Money has taken a front seat, now. Relaxing the laws for possession, MMJ, legal recreational, now, the masses have gotten hip to edibles and RSO. Demand has grown immensely.
    The new speculators are crawling out of the woodwork to fill a perceived need. More and more growers, most seeing nothing but dollars, flood the market with mediocre product.
    Harvested early, poorly trimmed, quickly dried, insect-laden garbage is easy to find.

As a result, finding the "good stuff" can be like looking for a needle in a hay-stack. ;)
    Since most dealers/wholesalers place profit over product...:(

Some folks still grow for quality and trim up tight and proper, but their numbers pale in comparison to the cash-croppers.
    Hope you have better luck in the future. :) The "Frosty Nugs" are out there.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. Shovelhandle

Shovelhandle Registered+

My outdoor out shined my indoor this season in trics and aroma.

4. Nuka

Nuka Registered

Here in the UK there has been a huge decline in quality. A few years ago I knew I would get top buds but now the whole county is getting the same old blue cheese which is always picked early so it tastes and smokes like shit. Good weed has become hard to come by.

5. Weezard

Weezard Registered+

It's not going to get much better.
    If you want superior buds, grow, harvest, trim, and cure your own, yah?

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. OGTexas

OGTexas Registered

^^ or find a new connect. I still smoke top shelf on a daily basis. Perhaps it's your source or how much your paying? I get the option $2200.00 per pound for outdoors, or $2950.00 for indoors, every time I re-up. Have a tad bit under a pound of indoor right now, strain "OG Kush." Next purchase will be indoor again, but a different strain I'm sure. I always hate when the OG Kush is gone. Seems like my go to strain, when it's around it's great.

Again, to answer your question. Old quality indoors is still out there, perhaps you just have the wrong source. I'm wondering if you are in a legal state or close to a legal state? From what I've seen and experienced with people out West, is they tend to send the good or indoor out of state, it brings more money elsewhere.

I built my business on having "The best quality" in town all the time. If I lost my source, I'd be lost.