What is the best oven temp for baking treats?

Discussion in 'Recipes' started by melodious fellow, Dec 25, 2010.

1. melodious fellow

melodious fellow Registered+

I did a search of both the recipes and medicated edibles sections, and I have seen recipes saying to bake at anywhere from 300F/150C to 400F/205C.

I know that the best temperature for decarboxylation is about 255F/123C for about 25 minutes, but as far as baking treats in the oven (like firecrackers or smores) or just cooking with cannabutter, what is the best temp and for how long?

Lately I have been decarbing at 255F/123C for 25 minutes and then baking at 320F/160C for 25 minutes, but I am wondering if I can get more potent firecrackers by baking at a higher temp, such as 350F/176C? I don't want to burn off or ruin any THC though. Help? Thoughts?

2. budlover13

budlover13 Registered+

I make my butter in the crockpot on low for 8 hrs and then bake most edibles @ 325. Interesting question that I will be following.

3. mickrick

mickrick Registered+

here ya go mate..hope it's of use..

THC has a boiling point of 200°C (392°F). However before the THC boils, other parts of the oil evaporate and boil.

Here are some important temperatures: At 21°C (70°F) the most volatile terpenoids start to evaporate, lending a pungent odor to the air.

At 31°C (87°F) the less volatile terpenoids start to evaporate, lending the air even more pungent odors.

At 39°C (102°F ) virtually all of the terpenoids undergo evaporation fairly rapidly.

At 50°C (122°F) THC-Acid decarboxylates as the water molecule held in the carbonate form evaporates. This activates the THC.

At 66°C (150°F) Cannabidiol (CBD) melts and starts to evaporate.

At 185°C (365°F) Cannibinol (CBN) boils.

At 200°C (392°F) THC boils. Clear vapor from a vaporizer.

mick.

• Like Like x 1
  4. budlover13

budlover13 Registered+

Thank you Mick! I just copied and pasted that info! +rep!

5. mickrick

mickrick Registered+

+rep back at ya bro, glad ya liked it..

mick

6. melodious fellow

melodious fellow Registered+