What is your best live concert

Discussion in 'Music Room' started by LetsSeeYa, May 17, 2010.

1. LetsSeeYa

LetsSeeYa Registered+

I saw them with Roth to, but it was the last LP they made. The older stuff was great but it was that time when they got a bit poppy with ''jump'' and a few other poppy tunes:wtf:

Still a great show as we waited 6 hours for tickets, which got us close:thumbsup:

:Rasta:

2. LetsSeeYa

LetsSeeYa Registered+

Dude when i started the thread, i was thinking the same thing. I was ready to go to a show that day:hippy:

:Rasta:

3. rikb631

rikb631 Registered+

Evil Empire / Wu Tang Forever

Rage Against the Machine Wu Tang Clan and Atari Teenage Roit... nuff said!

Evil Empire Tour August 21, 1997 @ great woods... there was a long delay that night, Zack had seriously injured his ankle jumping around at the previous show in the medowlands... he still tore the roof off of great woods!!! Wu Tang was throwing blunts into the crowd... i had never seen nor will i probably eve see a crowd so big and deverse be so hyped!

4. seventhchild

seventhchild Registered+

what year is this?

peter frampton , steve miller , tenn state fairgrounds july 4, 1976. no 1977,,,,ummm 75? or was it frampton/bob segar? shrooms and coliumbian red or cid and col gold? hold on now changed my mind MOODY BLUES 1978 Kansas city no no GRATFUL DEAD all 3 nights deercreeck, mich.1993, or maybe it was 1992. KANSAS in a little theater in Florence, Alabama 77,78? ah **ck it they all the best but getting old and forgetful kindof sux.does anyone recall what year framton played at the tenn fairgrounds ?

Last edited: Jun 12, 2010
  5. Dutch Pimp

Dutch Pimp Up in Smoke

Not the first, but one of the best concert's...:thumbsup:

40 years ago...Today..:smokin:

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 12, 2010
    • Like Like x 2
  6. Joshish

Joshish Registered+

Primus at the paramount in Seattle. Two sets with Sailing the Seas of Cheese in it's entirety.

7. Brandon1423s

Brandon1423s Registered+

PHISH!!! sooo good live everyone should catch one of their shows its always a wild time.

8. Nancy007

Nancy007 Registered+

Mine will be much more different, lol.

Bad Religion, Framing Hanley, The Vandals, Reel Big Fish, Streetlight Manifesto, and The English Beat.

All these bands I got to see because I was the P.A. for the film crew, that was filming them.:)

Yesterday I ran into Cece Deville at Home Depot. It wasn't no concert, but it was hella cool to meet him in person. :D

9. Dutch Pimp

Dutch Pimp Up in Smoke

you need to be old stoned for this...

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IIzK8FHGZnM&feature=related[/YOUTUBE]

Last edited: Jul 1, 2010
  10. gypski

gypski Registered+

• Like Like x 1
  11. weedmaster

weedmaster Registered+

the first concert i ever went to was Queen at knebworth park,the magic tour absolutely brilliant:thumbsup: my other favourites are pink floyd at wembley areana,:D Rolling stones at the millenium stadium:) simon and garfunkel at hyde park was a good chill out concert and the last of my top 5 is Robbie williams only went because my wife and daughter wanted to go, not that keen on his music but he is a very good entertainer:jointsmile:

12. onetimer

onetimer Registered+

Iron Maiden hands down, no matter how many times I've seen them I'm still surprised at what a great show they put on. We're going to see them next week, I can't wait!

hell yeah, they are fucking tight live, Id swear they were just playing a record

• Like Like x 2
  13. G13budsmoker

G13budsmoker Registered+

damn, you old farts make me feel like a damn baby:jointsmile:.... 99% of the groups i see on here are either WAY before my time, or just realy old:jointsmile:. i havent been fortunate yet to witness a live concert but would like to if some of the people i like would ever come to my state to perform. much respect to you who have been to more concerts then my age:jointsmile:

i know most of you quoted older rock or metal (whatever you call it:jointsmile:) but has any of you ol farts seen Jerry Reed live?

G13Budsmoker:jointsmile::stoned::Rasta:

• Like Like x 1
  14. gypski

gypski Registered+

• Like Like x 1
  15. Dutch Pimp

Dutch Pimp Up in Smoke

they say that if you can't remember your first concert?...you probably had a good time...:thumbsup:

16. BlueBlazer

BlueBlazer Registered+

lol, too true.

My brother came home from the Navy and took me to my first concert. It was Buddy Miles backing up Deep Purple. We had a really great time and both bands kicked ass. :D

Also Buddy Miles stole the show IMHO. :thumbsup:

• Like Like x 1
  17. gypski

gypski Registered+

Last edited: Jul 3, 2010
  18. CovertCarpenter

CovertCarpenter Registered+

Jerry Reed inquiry...

Are ye by any chance referring to Country singer/songwriter Jerry Reed, Smokey & The Bandit-Burt Reynolds'-truck-drivin'-partner Jerry Reed?

Nope, but I'd love ta! He's done some 'traditional country', some wonderful upbeat stuph, and some damn funny stuph, a la I'm A Slave, which was many years ahead of its time being a humorous-as-hell country rap!

Hope we're talkin' about the same Jerry Reed...

19. psychocat

psychocat Registered+

This Guitar Legends, Seville 1991 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia has to rate as my alltime fave concert, the best line up of guitarists ever seen anywhere.

Golden Earing in Sassenheim Netherland and Alice Cooper in Rotterdam sometime in the early 90s were pretty damn good too.

David Bowies glass spider tour was impressive as were nearly all Kiss concerts and of course Twisted Sister rate highly.

• Like Like x 1
  20. LetsSeeYa

LetsSeeYa Registered+

Well i just think if your still hearing it, its gotta be the best. I might be stuck in the early stuff, but i can understand it. I guess its just more then a beat. Sure wish i could bring up these you tube vids man, but dial-up just wont cut it. Its the only Internet iv ever had. Im just in the boonies now and cant get anything better:mad:

Im glad this thread is still going:Rasta: