Whats the Best LIGHT CYCLE???

Discussion in 'Indoor Growing' started by dougefresh, Feb 19, 2007.

1. dougefresh

dougefresh Registered+

um..i am debating on wether or not to keep my seedlings under 24 hrs of light. I am not sure which is better 24 hrs or 18 on and 6 off etc..Can someone let me know which one they think works best to achieve fastest growth? THanx!!

2. GaGrown

GaGrown Registered+

I'd have to say....... um, 18/6 veg. 12/12 flower.It won't hurt the seedling to have 24 hours.You need to keep the light as close as you can so they won't stretch.

Ga Grown!

Last edited: Feb 19, 2007
  3. KL4D4

KL4D4 Registered+

With my plant I went from 24-0 to 18-6 to 12-12

4. dougefresh

dougefresh Registered+

by stretch u mean..

by stretch do u mean like the first set of leaves are realy big and wide? bc thats what they did, is this a really bad thing or can it be lived with?

5. xxxhazexxx

xxxhazexxx Registered+

bigger the leaves the better and 18/6 is the best cycle:Rasta:

6. dougefresh

dougefresh Registered+

how close

how close should thep lants be from a 400w MH light...> i have them about 3 inches under is this good?

7. BlazeIdo

BlazeIdo Registered+

Check out light height post in FAQ section.

8. BlazeIdo

BlazeIdo Registered+

9. HARDDON

HARDDON Registered+

They are prolly dead fried by now so no need to answer this one, eh?:jointsmile:

When I grew, I know my plants preferred 18/6 veg then 13/11 flower.

10. cookiee

cookiee Registered

rite ive had a few fair crops off but my last batch of seedlings was a fuk up had the wrong dirt for a seedling n 10 weeks down the line i have perfect little loads of folidge loads of internodes cannabis bushes..??..!!! is there hope for these there far to small to put 12/12 but i dont want to give up on them if i can get them taller i think there gona b beasts of plants help theyve been 24 hr veg should i go 18/6 to see if theyll stretch?? hellpp lol :)

11. Douglas1

Douglas1 Registered+

cookie, if you are going to copy paste your question into multiple threads unrelated to your query, at least make it make sense..

12. Gatekeeper777

Gatekeeper777 Registered+

I have read on this very board that some have had success with 13/11 as opposed to 12/12 for flower.

13. RackitMan

RackitMan Registered+

Tell that to the sun.

14. ogganjagrower

ogganjagrower Registered+

18/6 perfect