What's Your Favorite Bud Trimming Tool?

Discussion in 'Growing Information' started by Weedhound, Mar 7, 2007.

1. Weedhound

Weedhound Registered+

Scissors? What kind? Cool motorized bud trimmer? Like it? Enquiring minds need to know!!:jointsmile:

2. Dutch Pimp

Dutch Pimp Up in Smoke

....scissors...yes....motorized..what?....

...I use very small scissors.....same one I use on my nose hair....it's a very delicate operation......I don't rush it......"good things come to he who waits"....:)...

...plus a 55 gallon barrel of rubbing alcohol....

Last edited: Mar 7, 2007
  3. Bree1978

Bree1978 Registered+

Hair cutting scissors. Very sharp, precise, and pointy. You can get a cheap pair through mags and beauty supply outlets.

:jointsmile: Bree

4. stinkyattic

stinkyattic CultiModerVatorAtor

First, my fingernails
    Second, a really sharp pair of hairdressing shears.

5. BeforeYourTime

BeforeYourTime Registered+

I currently use normal sissors, but im getting springed sissors soon.
    Though im sure we have all heard of or seen the ardvark, which is good for larger ops.

6. xcrispi

xcrispi Registered+

Hey Weedhound ,
    Here is Mrs. Crispis' new weapon of choice . No more blisters , spring loaded auto opening mech. , sharp as the devil too . Fiskars makes them .
    Peace
    The Crispis' :jointsmile:

Attached Files:

7. divestoned

divestoned Guest

yep..I use the same tool that xcrispi does.

8. Weedhound

Weedhound Registered+

My first thought was hairdressing scissors as well...right now I am using some old surgical scissors that were great but are now dull and chewed so I need to cough up some new supplies. . Dp.....do you really cut an entire bud with those little things.....although......now thinking....they would be great for tight spots. X-C and dive..... I'm for trying something like that too. Where did you guys pick those things up? That a Walmart or Home Depot thing?

I saw in one of my books about some little battery operated bud trimmer. Anyone every tried one of these? Supposed to really cut down on trimming time but I don't want to spend the $$ if they're half-assed. Only room for one half-ass at my house.....Me!:D

9. Weedhound

Weedhound Registered+

BTW, what's the aardvark?

10. stinkyattic

stinkyattic CultiModerVatorAtor

Yeah I have a few pair of surgical snips too that I got at a flea market, 6 pair for US$2, nice, but the blades are really stubby, plus sometimes I get my big ol fingers stuck in the holes!

11. xcrispi

xcrispi Registered+

Weedhound - X-C and dive..... I'm for trying something like that too. Where did you guys pick those things up? That a Walmart or Home Depot thing?

Our local growshop has em for 18.99 lol . Nottttttttt
    Someone in. Fla. on ebay has em for like 7.00 a pr. -n- honest shipping . We got 2 pr. for 16.00 delivered .
    The Mrs. likes the fact theres no holes for fingers -n- cush cush rubber grips on the handles .
    Peace Guys
    The Cripsis' :jointsmile:

12. canuck grower

canuck grower Registered+

One day I will own something like those, till then I use normal scissors. I'm not harvesting much yet so it's not like I'm trimming for hours though. One day I hope to complain about sore fingers from trimming so many nugs. :rastasmoke:

13. Dutch Pimp

Dutch Pimp Up in Smoke

Dp.....do you really cut an entire bud with those little things.....although......now thinking....they would be great for tight spots. That a Walmart or Home Depot thing?

...Craftsman's Super Heavy Duty Nose Hair Scissors...sold only at Sears....hell..I trim my hedge with it in the summer....Lifetime Garritee....:)..

14. divestoned

divestoned Guest

Weedhound - X-C and dive..... I'm for trying something like that too. Where did you guys pick those things up? That a Walmart or Home Depot thing?

yea bro wal-mart and fred meyer have them.

15. madeline

madeline Registered+

I too use small, narrow and very pointy scissors to follow the stems to their bases as far as I can. They're like a minature version of hair trimmers but without the crescent for the little finger, although those work great for the larger branches too! For cutting the main branches and trunks to get to the size needed to use the already mentioned scissors, I use wire cutters, especially helpful with the heavier and thicker outdoor plants.

16. bud luv

bud luv Registered+

I just use my forefinger and middlefinger in a snipping motion.

mind over matter, people. mind over matter.

17. freewheelinfrank

freewheelinfrank Registered+

I use needle-nosed FISKARS scissors, and Image Reaper has been known to use a McCullough chainsaw :D (I was paid well to say that) :jointsmile:

18. Weedhound

Weedhound Registered+

So the FISKARS seem to be the thing of choice here.....I will pick some up then definitely although something along the line that DP and Madeline mentioned for tight spots. Don't have any real fingernails to speak of.....always break off part of the bud so I've given up on that.

Ummm, does Image Reaper use that chainsaw IN THE HOUSE? Or is that for his outside grow? :D

19. madeline

madeline Registered+

For those tight spots like following the fan leaves down to the base you'll need a solid but small and pointy pair of the smallest sewing scissors or at least a pointy set of mustache trimmers. Fingernail scissors do not work very well as they're not solid enough but do have the general shape needed but any sewing dept in grocery or fabric stores carries the real deal. Mine are 4.5" overall with a 2" cutting surface and turn a rough and shaggy flower into a pro-style nugget (with the trim going into the bubblebags!).

Dutch Pimp likes this.
  20. DeepFriedBrain

DeepFriedBrain Registered+

Friend of mine uses decorating scissors, 8" blades seems to work quite well.
    I've also picked up a piar of electric scissors from B&Q £16, 4cm blades that buzz fast as, and they're cordless/rechargeble.
    I'll drop a report when they've been used.