PAX2 Vaporizer

When to harvest - Brown pistles vs. amber trichomes?

Discussion in 'Outdoor Growing' started by garybug, Sep 30, 2007.

1. garybug

garybug Registered

Hi all

Just a quickie..

I checked my sweetheart this morning, and about 1/3 to a 1/2 of the hairs have gone brown, buit my trichomes are still quite clear.

I have read that you should harvest when 2/3 of the hairs have gone brown / when the trichomes are amber.

If I leave it until all the pitsles 'die off' in order to get more cloudy / amber trichomes, am I doing the wrong thing, as I know that potency can deteriorate quickly?

Ta muchly, and many thanks in advance :thumbsup:

g

2. clovisman

clovisman Registered+

harvest according to trichromes check FAQ section to determine when you want to harvest for particular buzz

3. Earthy Dank

Earthy Dank Registered+

Last edited: Oct 1, 2007
  4. buckyboy

buckyboy Registered+

Mostly white, Do you mean clear? I thought amber trichs meant more potency.

5. Chronisseur

Chronisseur Registered+

This info is DEFINATELY available in the reading. The harvest is up to you.
    Early=heady high......Late=body high

Earthy Danks advice is based on personal preference, just like your harvest timing!
    Good Luck:thumbsup:

• Like Like x 1
  6. Earthy Dank

Earthy Dank Registered+

A clear trich is pre-mature (short-lived weak high), white is peak potency, and amber is degrading potency(lethargic and lazy). You ideally want to get them when they are mostly swollen and milky. The milky stage is the longest-lasting head/body mix. This is based off the maturity of Cannabinoids and not just my own opinion.

Last edited: Oct 1, 2007
  7. psteve

psteve Registered+

Everyone here has posted the correct info.:thumbsup:
    Hair color is irrelevant.
    I harvest at the first sign of amber trichomes.:jointsmile:

8. garybug

garybug Registered

Cheers pSteve (& the rest..) - I think I'll hang on for a bit & harvest at first sign of amber.:)

9. ocbornandrazd

ocbornandrazd Registered+

Like I had said,I like to take some at different times,some with lots of cloudies and few ambers and some with lots of ambers.Have to have a glass or loop to see the trichomes cause the hairs just don't get me close enough.I'm old and have grown for a while,still learning and always will be,but the trichoome tip was one of the best I ever got.Don't know about u but mine are getting harvvested now and some have a little way to go.It's been a strange weather year,no?

• Like Like x 1