where do you get those grow chambers??

Discussion in 'Hydroponics' started by pdp, Mar 5, 2006.

  1. pdp

    pdp Registered

    just wondering where you can get those grow chambers that come in the aeroflo and aero jet systems?
    the long rectangular pieces that you place the plants in?
  2. CrusadeBoxer

    CrusadeBoxer Registered+

  3. pdp

    pdp Registered

    thanks, but not exactly what i was looking for
    im looking for those long ass rectangular trays that are covered all around
    dont really care if there are holes on the top or sides for jets and manifold since i can cut them myself
    if they dont sell them, might have to resort large pvc piping
  4. litespeed

    litespeed Registered+

    get some 6 inch PVC pipe and do it. OR rain gutters
    with tops...
  5. Zandor

    Zandor Registered+

    Lowes they are PVC fence posts.
  6. redvetttes

    redvetttes Registered+

    Fence post are 4x4 (actual size is 3 5/8 x3 5/8)
    home deopt has mail box post that 5x5 (4 3/4x4 3/4)
    you get a 5 foot section for $20.00 (after cut down)
    also some 4x4 pieces and 1 end cap
  7. Zandor

    Zandor Registered+

    And Lowed sells PVC fence posts that are just under 5"x5"x100" cost is about 20 bucks plus the gule (5 bucks a tube) and end caps (4 bucks each). They are perfect for 3 3/4" net pots and growing SOG or even screen of green method. You can use bar sink traps as the drain too. Very easy to install.

    HD around here needs to special order that size PVC post but Lowes stocks it.
  8. pdp

    pdp Registered

    thanks guys
    i will look into the fence posts
    also, can anyone elaborate on the draining method?
    i was going to just have one end sit on the reservoir with a hole cut on the bottom and the other end tilted up a little
    that way the excess nutes would just leak back into the reservoir
    seems like the easiest and cheapest way to drain:D
    want to move on up and give aero a try
  9. Zandor

    Zandor Registered+

    Use bar sink srains then you can use standard 1 1/4" or even 1 1/2" plumbing pipe. Just think about installing a bar sink with a little plumbing required.

    How are you going to feed them?
  10. pdp

    pdp Registered

    im thinking about setting up a manifold with 3 ports, run 3 chambers
    i plan to set up some pvc piping inside the chamber and run 2 misters for each plant
    depending how i plan everything out, maybe 4 per plant
    gotta check funds to see what type of pump i can afford
    pump to manifold to misters
    seems easy enough, but i could be wrong
    got clones ready, just waiting for a home
    probably will throw some into flood and drain to hold them off for a while

    can you elaborate on using bar sink drains?
    Last edited: Mar 9, 2006
  11. Zandor

    Zandor Registered+

    It's hard to elaborate about a drain. You plug the 2 ends off with the end caps and the glue. You drill and install the bar sink drain then plumb it. There is really nothing more then that.
  12. pdp

    pdp Registered

    makes sense
    so you place the bar sink drain on one of the ends and then plumb it back into the reservoir
    my question is if the chamber is level, how will all the excess nutes be drained?
    it seems like there would be excess nutes just sitting in the chamber

    thanks zandor
    appreciate the help:thumbsup:
    will hopefully be trying this soon
  13. Zandor

    Zandor Registered+

    why would you make it level? All it takes is about 1/2" per foot of drop for quick drainage.

    So one end is a little higher then the other and one set of plants may be an inch taller then the other end. Trust me they all end up even in the end.

Share This Page