PAX2 Vaporizer Pass Your Drug Test

White Vinager & Baking soda makes co2

Discussion in 'Indoor Growing' started by smoking99, Nov 2, 2007.

1. smoking99

smoking99 Registered

I learned this after a friend got busted buy a canister of co2. It works so well I'd like to share it. White vinegar $1.87 per gal. 2Lb. baking soda $1.00. So $2.87 makes a bunch of CO2 I can't tell you how much . I was absent the day they taught us that in school.
    You can use just a bucket. Pour in about an inch of vinegar into a clean bucket now throw in a few teaspoons of baking soda. BANG you have co2. It's really hard to give your plants to much co2. I go thru about a gal. of vinegar and two Lbs. of baking soda a week. In a 10 by 10 room the CO2 makes a big difference. Instead of a bucket you can get Fancy with a few milk jugs and aquarium tubing.
    • Like Like x 1
  2. M.B.A.

M.B.A. Registered+

i just found this out and did it today and i found the 1 for sugar-water w/yeast in it too
    • Like Like x 1
  3. L Rag

L Rag Registered+

Yeah bro vinegar is like ethanoic acid I think, which is like CH3COOH.. I think.. So that reacts with baking soda, sodium bicarbonate, NaHCO3..
    CH3COOH + NaHCO3 --> CH3COONa + H2O + CO2

Fuck that took ages lol
  4. lmdesade

lmdesade Registered+

People have done the vinegar for decades, fermentation, certain compost or spores do it as well, and some people even go to the trouble of spraying soda water. Straight co2 tanks are the easiest but they are expensive to get a setup at first.
  5. Jerry Garcia 2007

Jerry Garcia 2007 Registered+

vinager baking soda is a sudden burst of CO2. if you have ventalation running, it will pull it out way to fast for the plant to benefit. If you do it in light off cycle you plant is not photosynthizing and CO2 is not absorbed. the best way is a constante slow source of CO2. Hence regulated bottle gas or fermantation methods work best.
  6. privatepile

privatepile Registered+

You could also fill a bowl of Baking soda and plave it on the ground.Then put your vinegar in to a bottle and hang it over head.Make a hole in the cork so that the vinegar drips out every few seconds.

Instead of having a burst of CO2 you will now have a constant slow source of CO2
  7. Jerry Garcia 2007

Jerry Garcia 2007 Registered+

That will work if you can keep the drip down to 1 per 5 min. or more. otherwise it would seem still to be to fast.
    I may try an experiment!!
    2 liter soda bottle with pin hole and gallon milk bottel.
    You got me thinking now!!
  8. privatepile

privatepile Registered+

Best of luck.Let us know how you get on.
  9. klondike_bar

klondike_bar Banned

any co2 is likely to help
  10. soobie05

soobie05 Registered+

you let the co2 drop rite on top of the plant or into the soil? quick off topic question. Im using peatmoss with pearlite mixture about 2:1, anywas my plant is having trouble keeping up the ph, flushed it with around 6 phed water and flushed till soil read the same, but now its droped down to 2.5-3 any help ? thx guys
  11. bstheory

bstheory Registered+

co2 is a gas, so just create it fairly close to the plant and it should suck that stuff right up :jointsmile:
  12. soobie05

soobie05 Registered+

so just put it ina cup and let it chill!? hha sik!
  13. Doc 007

Doc 007 Registered+

That mix in a closed 2 liter bottle makes a heck of a noise maker. :p

Probably should warn people not to try this in small sealed containers.
  14. myounce

myounce Registered+

just get ya block of dry ice couple days a week put over top of plants in open container little water helps cool while lites on bam C02 just my own version for indoor grow
    • Like Like x 1