WHO DO YOU WANT FOR PRESIDENT?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Buck Rogers420, Oct 14, 2016.

1. emilya

emilya Future Dispensary Owner

No Buck, I love your passion but I have no desire to pick a fight; that is you, not me. I simply wish to state my opinion, just as you did. If in your world that means that you must fight me, then that says a lot about you, not me. I am an expert in economics. If you wish to talk about economic matters, you must expect me to have something to say because as you have probably heard, I have a PhD in this field and I know what I am talking about.
    So, regarding inflation. Inflation is normal and necessary in an expanding economy. Inflation is the result of a thriving job market and competition for wages, the prime interest rate and demand for products that can not be met. Obama had stopped inflation by freezing interest rates at zero and halting the expansion of his economy. Now we are just beginning to see inflation again after the government began to let go of its stranglehold on the banking system. A 2% inflation is actually a good thing, as long as wages increase commensurably.
    Complaining about the supposed trade war with China just shows your lack of knowledge as to what the real situation has been. We have held a huge trade deficit with China ever since they were given most favored nation status by BJ Clinton. Every year they would import way more goods into our country than we did into theirs. They made way more money off of the USA than we did off of them. There was a trade imbalance with that nation, and we were not on the good side of that equation. The tariffs on specific chinese goods brings this import/export equation into balance and we are no longer on the losing side of the deal when dealing with China. Can China retaliate? Sure... but if they go too far they will lose part of their very lucrative USA markets. They know that, and we know that. So they have increased tariffs on 138 products in retaliation to our refusal to be taken advantage of any longer. Big whoop. Harley Davidson will survive with a few less sales in China, and so will all the other manufacturers and producers of goods who were shipping to China. We WERE in a losing trade war with China and now we have balanced the equation. The Trump hating media can spin this and call what we have today a trade war, but they fail to explain to you that we just won that war.
    Then you mischaracterized Trump's position on immigrants. He has never stated he wants to get rid of them all, just the bad ones. He will build the wall and stop the constant flow of illegals and drugs into the country. No one is going to stop Trump from doing this and this was a major reason he was elected. When you remove all the locks from your home and allow any bum, street punk or drug dealer free entry into your home, your resources, your women... then I will listen to your arguments about keeping an open southern border. We have a problem and we need to fix it. Obviously what we have been doing has not been working. I commend Trump for insisting that there be a better way.
    Lastly, I will comment on your head exploding over the death penalty comment. Trump is a sensationalist. Trump knows how to capture the media's attention and yours, and he does it with outrageous comments like this. If you had listened to his full statement in context however, you would see that he meant a little more than what the left wing media spun this into. Trump was referring to drug kingpins, those miscreants who import tons of heroin, powerful narcotics and opioids, and designer drugs into this country, and because their marketing and distribution of their products is producing pockets of heavy drug dependency and overdoses all over the nation, and we are forced to deal with this huge problem. Trump wants to stop this extremely powerful trade into this country that is killing thousands of our citizens, and he put the death penalty on the table to deal with that problem. Don't get lost in the hyperbole and somehow think that he was referring to you and your little pot growing operation... you have not been hurt. He was not talking about you or any other pot grower.
    And please don't offend your readers by ending your tirade by implying that there were so many other bad ideas and poor choices. Be brave. Be specific. If you have a problem with one of his ideas or choices, let's get it out. You can't just imply that there are "all these things" that "everyone" must take issue with when it comes to Trump. In your mind maybe you can come up with a list of things that aggrieve you, but explaining those things in a way that would convince me will be a much harder task, and with your open accusations at the end you make an intellectually vacuous statement. In a debate, ending like that is considered to be intellectually dishonest.

2. Buck Rogers420

Buck Rogers420 Registered+

I could go on for hours with the (all these things). You would know what I'm talking about if you followed current events at all. I don't have the time or inclination to enlighten you when you have no intention to lessen to reason. :pirate:

3. emilya

if that is all you have to say, you lose the debate. I have not indicated a lack of intention to listen to you, quite the contrary actually... I initiated this debate with you. Listen to reason you say? Reason as defined as by what it is that you believe? I submit that it is you who refused to listen to a contrary point of view.

4. EvilCartman

EvilCartman Registered+

The entertainment value alone, was worth the vote. :D
    I'm still waiting for the parade... :jointsmiley:

• Like Like x 1
  5. Buck Rogers420

You don't have anything but lies and miss information to back your point so you use personal attacks instead. Another trade you share with trump.

6. emilya

This conversation is very indicative as to the situation we find ourselves in today in the USA. Neither side can agree with the other. One side thinks they are arguing about facts that are universally understood and the other side has been told that these are all lies. There is no longer any middle ground. When faced with facts, the left attacks the messenger and refuses to listen. When faced with enthusiastic obstinance to logic and facts, the right gets frustrated and thinks the left to be ignorant and misinformed.
    Nothing but time will resolve this. You are not going to listen or even respond to my explanations of inflation or the booming economy, and I am never going to convince you that Trump is a good guy. Although I can predict the future of this economy and indeed get paid very well for doing exactly that, you have nothing to go on but your gut feelings and your reactions to the news feeds that you listen to. I can forgive you for your lack of understanding, however I suspect you can not forgive me for being more educated and more informed that you are. This is where we are at... with you having no desire to understand what it is that I can see and you can not. You will see this response as a personal attack, and I see it as an accurate assessment of our situation.
    Give it another year. You will see the effect of the wartime economy that this spending bill is going to produce. Everyone you know will know someone with a very good paying manufacturing or military based job very soon, and everyone will be doing much better than they ever remember. I predict that someday very soon it will be considered in bad taste to speak ill of our President and the America that he made great once again, and all will see who was right and who was wrong in this conversation. Everyone will clearly see that you had nothing to back up your claims that Trump is a liar or somehow impeachable, and that you were ill equipped to argue these points in an open debate. You lefties love to throw out talking points that you think make your points, but when asked to explain them in their own words, nothing but silence and personal attacks result. I do have facts, not lies, and solid factual information, not mis-information to give you on these matters... but to claim that I don't and that I only resort to personal attacks is proven false simply by reading today's input from you. I threw out facts and real information to you... and you have chosen to ignore talking about my points, instead it has become about me and your perceived attacks on you.

7. Buck Rogers420

Lefties, there you go lumping everyone that disagrees with you together.
    THERE'S NO COLLUSION!

8. emilya

embrace the label. Yes, I have lumped all those who believe in open borders, government controlled economy and healthcare, and big government control over every aspect of our lives, lefties. Sue me. You are a leftie. Deal with it. Prove my label wrong if you can, or if you feel you must.

and no, my dear friend, the Nunes report made clear that there was NO collusion. To believe otherwise at this point is to admit to your total indoctrination by the main stream media and the deep state, who refuse to accept the fact that Hillary lost the election to an outsider.

9. Buck Rogers420

Hay, if you say it enuff times it becomes true. Right.
    I laugh in your general detection :S2:

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. emilya

11. Buck Rogers420

This is just another trump yes man that knows if he tells the truth about a trade war with China he will get fired like all those before that crossed the king. :pirate:

12. emilya

It is the Wall Street Journal, you fool. Are you really so indoctrinated that you are going to disbelieve everything and anyone who disagrees with your TDS?

13. Buck Rogers420

Your the fool. This is just what the Wall Street Journal reported the yes man secretary of the treasury said.
    Read your own posts before you go bashing me!

14. emilya

You have to trust someone Buck... who is it you trust to run the government? What news source do you trust to tell you the truth?

15. Buck Rogers420

I believe the secretary said that, just like the journal reported.
    Doesn't mean what he said is true.
    I watch and read all news. Are they making up all these stupid things he does and says.

16. Buck Rogers420

Do you think it's right to spend 60 billion dollars on a wall that will not work. When thousands of American children go hungry every day.
    Do you really think a wall will make Americans safer?

17. emilya

give it a year... you will have no choice but to believe. Your opinion of all the stupid things he says and does are just that, an opinion. Trump seems to want the entire world to know that he will do whatever the hell he wants to do within the limits of the law, and that to do so he will say anything about or to anyone. He remains totally unpredictable for a reason and you should read his book to understand why he does these things. He is incredibly effective in getting the things done that he wants and does not follow any of the traditional political rules. For this, he has been labeled by the drive by media as stupid and a liar. He is neither, he is simply a master negotiator who makes it a point to be unpredictable and uncontrollable. You are free to not understand this style of negotiation, but you will be forced to understand at some point that he was incredibly effective and that you and everyone you know are better off because of it.

Last edited: Mar 25, 2018
  18. emilya

Why do you possibly think that a wall will not work? By what proof or even fantastical story do you believe that a 20' wall will not keep human beings out? The wall will work, and that is why it is being opposed. As far as hungry children go, I hope their deadbeat parents get one of these new jobs. It is not my problem, nor is it yours to dictate that my government should steal money from me to give to these children. If you want to feed them, go for it. Don't demand charity from me at the point of a gun. You do not know me, nor the charitable work that I do.
    And yes, I totally believe a wall will make us safer, just as you believe a lock on your garage will keep your tools and lawn mower safe. Please explain to me why an effective wall would not make us more safe.

19. emilya

20. Buck Rogers420

No wall in history has ever worked.
    90% of all illegal immigrants and drugs come through the ports of entry.a wall may slow someone down but it wont keep anyone out.
    I didn't realize any terrorist were coming in from Mexicon.
    Doctors and big pharmaceutical co.are killing more Americans than terrorists. What's your plan to fecal that?

• Like Like x 1