Who owns your info on this site?

Discussion in 'Experiences' started by mytwhyt, Jun 15, 2018.

1. mytwhyt

mytwhyt Registered+

I posted a copy of the letter informing me that because i'm a member of Cannabis.com, Cannabis.com privacy rules are subject to weedmaps rules. That letter was deleted.
    Weedmaps now owns your content info on this site... Even if they don't own it, they now have the right to share it with whom they chose.... .. The few of you who still post should be aware..
    This must be they reason this site no longer responds to members... It's not like no one noticed...
    You've been sold.. Or can be..

2. Dutch Pimp

Dutch Pimp Up in Smoke

some of us have been institutionalized :oops:

3. AladdinSane

AladdinSane Registered+

just wondering what "your content info" actually is....

i'm posting on a public site, this is expected, no?

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. mytwhyt

mytwhyt Registered+

5. AladdinSane

AladdinSane Registered+

didn't we all get here knowing that's what happens? not like that's a surprise.

6. EvilCartman

EvilCartman Registered+

<gasp> :eek:

YARD SALE!
    Now accepting offers on the much coveted, one of a kind email: cartmansfolly@gmail!
    Anyone? Bueller? Bueller??

All my other info here is pretty bogus, too. Why wouldn't it be? :D

• Like Like x 1
  7. TomSawyer2112

TomSawyer2112 Registered+

LMAO. Who ever said this is real?
    All the world to me is a stage and we are merely players, performers and portrayers, each anothers’ audience Outside the guilded cage. As if my name is really Tom Sawyer. The one thing that should be a red flag to anyone worried about their content. Notice you can’t delete anything. As far as my content, I’m not posting anything noteworthy. Anyone here who owns the site and who intends on surreptitiously using my content for their own gains needs to realize this is the internet. Things are never what they seem. People are not who we think they are. They don’t use real names or real places and most of us can usually bounce our internet around to make people think we are somewhere that we aren’t. We have names that are aliases.
    Some of my info is bogus. The email is disposable. Only the names and places have been changed to protect the innocent.

• Winner Winner x 1
  8. AladdinSane

AladdinSane Registered+

exactly!

9. Pupp

Pupp Registered+

If your worried about Weedmaps, I suggest smoking a blunt to tame the nerves.

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  10. AladdinSane

AladdinSane Registered+

I'd suggest smoking a blunt in any case...........

11. mytwhyt

mytwhyt Registered+

12. Pupp

Pupp Registered+

All I can say is that the courts take a dim view if a EULA or Terms of Agreement or whatever try to sneak in something too nefarious. I forgot what company, but their EULA basically meant that the users gave away any sort of rights they might have to sue the company. I don't recall the specifics, but was way worse than the standard Arbitration Agreement that so many companies have.

13. Dutch Pimp

Dutch Pimp Up in Smoke

you can check-out anytime you like...but you can never leave :bumpbanner:

14. AladdinSane

AladdinSane Registered+

admission's free, you pay to get out ;)