Why are state dispensary fees outrageous?!!

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Dispensary' started by Anniam, May 28, 2015.

1. Anniam

Anniam Registered+

Effing A! I was just curious about what the process and costs are for people interested in starting a dispensary in NYS. It's ridiculous! Where the hell do they grab these numbers from?
    There's so many hoops you have to go through to be able to get it up and going. Is it really going to cost the state $200,000 to oversee the dispensary for 2 years? WHen the 2 years expires, do the owners have to pay another gigantic fee just to operate the business? It discourages growth & development when a state does this kind of thing. No wonder there is a gigantic underground movement in CO. People will find ways around the law when the requirements for doing it legally are not reasonable or fair.

"Overview Pursuant to Public Health Law (PHL) § 3365(9), the Commissioner of the New York State Department of Health (“Department”) shall register up to five applicants as registered organizations to manufacture and dispense approved medical marijuana products in New York State. In accordance with PHL § 3365(9), the Department will register five applicants as registered organizations, and is accepting applications from April 27, 2015 through and including May 29, 2015 for this purpose. Each applicant must submit two fees with its application: a non-refundable application fee in the amount of $10,000, and a registration fee in the amount of $200,000. The fees are payable together or separately by certified check to the “New York State Department of Health.” The $200,000 registration fee will be refunded to the applicant only if the applicant is not issued a registration. Registrations issued by the Department shall be valid for a period of two (2) years. The Department will evaluate all completed applications received on or before the deadline in accordance with the criteria set forth in PHL § 3365(3) and Title 10 of the New York Code of Rules and Regulations (NYCRR) § 1004.6." http://www.health.ny.gov/regulations/medical_marijuana/docs/app_instructions.pdf

2. The Widow White

The Widow White Registered+

Just like everything else in this country these days...so only the rich can participate and profit. The common man on the street doesn't have a chance. If you're pockets are already loaded, then you can get in early and stuff them even MORE. It's sickening, but that's just the way it is. And yes, people will always find a way...just as they have for hundreds of years! TWW

• Like Like x 2
  3. gardenermendo

gardenermendo Registered+

Yep, government rip off. Stupidity at it's best.

Have you ever known government to be efficient?

Let's see, I can take vegetables to my local farmers market and not pay the government to watch me sell vegetables. But I can't grow cannabis as easily as I grow vegetables?
    And we have thousands of people, many who grow their own, have been doing so for decades, and we don't know how to handle cannabis for medical use? So the government has to manage our dispensaries to the 9th degree? Yep, stupidity.

Some d a m n attorney had nothing better to do than write NY law.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Anniam

Anniam Registered+

It's disgusting. I have never known the government to be so corrupt. It's almost time to pack up shop and head out. That's how I view things, but then again I'm not the type to flee when things get difficult. When the conditions directly effect me though (health issues) it almost forces you to think about it and start figuring out where to go. Hopefully, people will wake up and push back soon because it will require everyone's effort.

5. OG Grue

OG Grue Registered+

I'm in Maine. Got my medical card because of a physician's referral, went to my dispensary, signed up with them and didn't cost me a cent.

6. Weezard

Weezard Registered+

He's talking about the difficulty of opening a dispensary in NY.
    And if you think NY is corrupt, Check Hawaii.
    To open a dispensary here will take about 6 million USD.
    Only the rich and greedy get to play.

And they can not write off any losses as tax breaks.
    Any spoilage or pilferage cost will be passed down to the patients, so dispensary weed will be too pricey for me.

Same as it ever was.

Aloha,
    Weeze