Why didn't Sour Kush make the list of 50 Best Strains?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Strains' started by Oneofakind77, Jan 12, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Oneofakind77

Oneofakind77 Registered

I don't get it...I've done searches on numerous sites, regarding Sour Kush and how phenomenal of a strain, I find it to be.
    Now, when it comes to straight reviews on the strain, I've read nothing but positive things.
    Yet, on each if those sites, I ALSO, looked up rankings for the current, most popular strains. In doing so, I found that - SK did NOT make any of the lists!
    Anyone here know what that's all about?

• Like Like x 1
  2. EvilCartman

EvilCartman Registered+

Haha, "best" lists are compiled by folks with too much time on their hands. ;)
    Just burn what ya like. Who cares if it's on someone's favorite list?

If ya want a list, make your own. :) Then it'll mean something.

Pass the ECSD, please. :jointsmiley:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Pupp

Pupp Registered+

There are so many strains, nobody can smoke em all. I'd say most "best strain" lists come from people that review a lot of strains and magazine/websites that do a lot of reviews. Some cull the list considerably by only choosing strains that have recently won awards. But then again, there are a lot of fests and stuff give that give out awards for various strains. Plus most strains are sub divided into various groups, like highest THC, highest CBS, best indica, best sativa, best flavor profile... you get the picture.

That doesn't even touch on websites like Leafly that try to track how popular strains are. Some strains tend to stay in the top 10 due to the fact it's beginner friendly and with legalization slowly creeping across America, newbies like to try weed that's beginner friendly. Then you have other strains that get a lot of press like Girl Scout Cookies, and others like Sour Diesel that have been the de facto standard in the north east, like NYC, which probably includes anything within a 100 miles of New York City. People are creatures of habit, and once Sour Diesel made it's way in the area, probably sometime in the 90's, it went like a wildfire, and by now most users in that part of the country just expect the dealer on the corner of the street to have that in stock.

The point of this is: don't obsess with what the best strain in the world is, there are a LOT of strains that could easily claim that title if only they have enough market penetration and lots of good press, and win a few awards. Personally, I'm more interested in who are the best seed breeders. That's more indicative of seed quality, which you can grow award winning weed from.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Buck Rogers420

Buck Rogers420 Registered+

So what's everyone here's favorites?
    For get up and go sativa I like Strawberry Cough and Sour D.
    For a pain relieving knockout indica I go for Blueberry Widow and Black Domino.:pirate:

• Like Like x 1
  5. Robertwav1

Robertwav1 Registered

Well, my opinion on the two strains I have tried so far in vapor. Bubblegum, great relaxing and bedtime medicine. Love the taste and the sudden onset of relaxation seems to reach every nerve in my body virtually causing a pain free evening. I would do this during the day but I would rather suffer with a little bit of pain and be sharp as my profession and the skills that I have acquired require a lot of thought and pre-planning. Like any type of medicine I personally like to use it when needed the most. Sour diesel, a sativa dominant vapor is a little more energetic and does not allow me to fall in such a relaxed mode however, I use this only at early evening or maybe during the day when I am not under any stressful situation but using during the day is very rare. I'm just getting into the vapor which is better for me cause I'm older now. It's just a shame that the research and trying different strains could have been so advanced in this Country if we had people that knew what they were doing in law making decisions. We lost 30 years because of inadequate and ill informed politicians. Anyway, it's a fun thing for me after not smoking for some 20 some years (cause I had kids) and it's really making me feel like a teenager again, energetic and this time I have some money in my pocket. I just want to live long enough to try the medical oils available and be able to find the best one for me. The information on this site is a great resource and I try to read a little bit every day hoping to expand my knowledge from experience and postings from others.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Plumber07

Plumber07 Registered+

I just checked on Weedmaps and no Sour Kush anywhere near me and I'm in sunny so cal, so... smoke what ya love! If I see it someday I'll pickup a gm and give it a try.

7. Plumber07

Plumber07 Registered+

Gorilla Kush, Gorilla Kush and Gorilla Kush! Have I said Gorilla Kush yet? Just checking... And a few different waxes. I'm pretty toasted right now.
    :S5:

8. Oneofakind77

Oneofakind77 Registered

Definitely do that! It's pretty hard to "impress me" when it comes to individual strains. However, gotta hand it to SK for being a Stand Out, Among the rest!

• Like Like x 1