Will marijuana's political momentum build? POLL

Discussion in 'CANNABIS.COM Lounge' started by Pupp, May 2, 2018.

?

Will marijuana be a major campaign issue for the mid term elections?

This poll will close on Nov 2, 2018 at 8:12 AM.
  1. Yes

60.0%
  2. No

40.0%
  3. I need to start contacting the candidates to let them know we need to legalise weed

40.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Pupp

Pupp Registered+

Is marijuana going to be a major factor in the mid term elections?

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. TomSawyer2112

TomSawyer2112 Registered+

I’m already politically active so this stuff dealing with writing/emailing/calling politicians is easy. I already have their ear on 2A issues. Twitter is another way to let politicians know how you feel. Use it every day. There’s some good cannabis groups on there. Of course, I don’t use this alias over there. It’s totally different. But the results are the same.
    I have a tendency to say the first thing that pops out of my head. That gets a bit brutal at times. But it’s honest and to the point. I encourage everyone here to get politically involved in this fight. Just use a different alias. Hell. I’ve got six google accounts just for stuff like this. :D And yes. I’m already active in the movement here in texas and I’ve given my cancer story to a Texas Cannabis industry represtative to be used when they testify for legalization. Good post Pupp.

• Like Like x 3
  3. surfing1

surfing1 Registered+

While I wish it would be a major issue in the 2018 mid terms but I dont see it happening this year. Im in FL and there is talk of it being on the ballot in 2020 here for legalization but it will be like the medical vote in 2016, it will need 60% yes votes.

• Like Like x 2
  4. surfing1

surfing1 Registered+

Whats the policy in TX on medical? Here in FL if you get a medical card from the state you will get a letter the next day from the state telling you your CWP has been revoked. Medical pot is not protected by HIPPA laws due to it not being legal on the Federal level, it seems.

• Like Like x 2
  5. TomSawyer2112

It’s only legal for one tiny group of medical patients and only oils. 21795B9E-0500-4EF2-A7AF-F0378695EA05.jpeg
    I’ll never get a card because I have a CHL and have had one for 20 years. I’m not about to register for a medical cannabis card.
    No.
    We need full legalization.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. surfing1

surfing1 Registered+

Yea Im a stage 4 cancer survivor and would qualify automatically but like you id sooner carry and keep my guns.Id never apply for the card either.FL is pretty much the same on medical, oil and some edibles only,no bud or smoking

• Like Like x 2
  7. TomSawyer2112

I had Renal Cell Carcinoma. Lost a kidney. Trying to prevent losing my other kidney. If it comes right down to it, I will move to Colorado. But I’m gonna give the issue a few more years. Then I’m done. I want to see what Pres Trump can do if he gets his second term. That’s looking more and more like a reality now that he’s been nominated for the Nobel Peace Prize for getting North Korea to talk peace.

• Like Like x 1
  8. surfing1

surfing1 Registered+

Damn man thats what I had lost my left kidney in 2011 then in 2016 it metastisized to both my lungs. I had surgery on both lungs to remove it in 2016 and 2017 and have been cancer free again for over a year. Ive been lucky if you think not having to be on any cancer drugs is lucky, just surgeries for me

• Like Like x 2
  9. TomSawyer2112

They caught mine before it spread but they took the whole kidney. I’ve had a few little spots on my other kidney but my insurance won’t cover meds and doc didn’t really want me on chemo. Got a small tumor on my adrenal gland that fucks with me so doc tried to get me a medical card but they won’t give to anyone but epileptic patients. Doc kinda shrugged and winked and said well. “You know what your options are. It’s risky but it’s also cancer so if you get in front of a jury of peers..... who knows?” So I started CBD in 2016. It’s really helped keep me going. But I need to get more aggressive. So I’ve started growing my own. Also making plans to retire as soon as possible 3 months to go if I’m extremely lucky. But could stretch out to five more years depending on the situation. Meanwhile, I’ll grow my own and start trying to make my own medicine.

• Like Like x 2
  10. surfing1

surfing1 Registered+

Keep up on your ct scans I went 5 years after they took my kidney before it popped up again in my lungs (clear cell rcc). It was supposed to be my last scans having gone 5 years without it re appearing. I now get scanned every 6 months, and will for life my doc tells me next scans in June.

• Like Like x 2
  11. emilya

emilya Future Dispensary Owner

I believe Missouri is going to go medical this year, but not in a way that is going to make a lot of sense. We still have much work to do. I do not believe this will be a major issue in this upcoming election as it appears that almost 2/3 of the population is for legalization and most consider it to be a done deal this time, so the need to come out to vote for this issue isn't as strong as it should be. We live in a deeply divided political climate where the left is putting all of their efforts into removing the Republican Governor Greitens above all else. The second major issue here is the effort to keep or topple (depending on your views) the Democrat Claire McCaskill, and huge amounts of money are coming into the state on both sides of that race. Legalization has taken a back burner to these political issues among a large percentage of the electorate and big corporate money is taking advantage of this chaos to take over the pot industry here and put legislation in place to keep small shops like the one I want to start unable to meet the requirements to enter into the market. We have 2 competing groups fighting for two different kinds of legalization here, and without coming together with one plan each group has very little political power. Big money is winning the lobbying in this arena and when this is all settled I predict that medical will become available to a few licensed dispensaries in Missouri, all being supplied by large corporate grow operations located in our state. If... and that is a big if, they allow personal grow operations, I predict they will be severely limited in scope, unable to sell to the public and with strict 4-6 plant limitations.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  12. TomSawyer2112

I’ve seen this type of division in the 2A and hunting communities and it still exists. The people causing division are either totally ignorant or they are moles embedded to divide and weaken. So education is key. As for the moles, we have to stand together, aim as high as we can and the goal should be for full legalization. Once we are victorious, then the niche groups can resume their specialized activities.
    Notice that I only use CBD for now, but I’m for full legalization like Colorado and I’m already growing for my own medical needs. We need what Colorado has. Nationwide. Period. And very little government meddling.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. Plumber07

Plumber07 Registered+

Wabbit season (you re-read that in Bug's voice) begins July 1 here in cali. I let my card expire last month and will attempt to purchase a new shot gun soon. We'll see.

Last edited: May 3, 2018
    • Like Like x 3
  14. TomSawyer2112

We hunt year round here in Texas. Small game and deer season are closed. But we can hog hunt 24/7/365 using anything we can get our hands on. Helicopters with full auto suppressed and side by sides even.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1