PAX2 Vaporizer Pass Your Drug Test

Wizard of Oz+Dark Side of the Moon=?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Methods' started by PaulCT7, Mar 12, 2006.

1. PaulCT7

PaulCT7 Registered+

Anyone else heard about listening to the album Dark Side of the Moon by Pink Floyd while watching The Wizard of Oz? You play the album exactly when the lion roars for the third time, and the scenes and songs line up very well. I was sober when we were watching it, and it was still pretty trippy, so I can't imagine what it would be like under the influence.

Has anyone else heard of this, or tried it for that matter?

I plan on trying it again next weekend after a heavy session.

2. Frivolous248

Frivolous248 Registered+

Yeah, I've heard about it too. Sounds neato. I don't own a copy of the Wizard Of Oz though, or have even seen the movie! So I can't try it. Sounds cool, maybe I'll try it if I ever find a copy in my possesion.
  3. homemade

homemade Registered+

im looking for it on limewire or something...pain in the keester trying to time it perf all the time
  4. toker22

toker22 Registered+

holy shit, yeah i downloaded a thing where it has the album as the audio and the video as wizard of oz, its not edited to fit or anything though, and its ridiculous, i've actually only watched parts of it while sober or maybe a little stoned but its crazy how things line up and how much the music effects the mood of the scene, like scenes that are supposed to be happy seem really creepy or like characters that are supposed to be a certain way seem different cause of the music, everybody should see this at some point its crazy
  5. hempsmoker25

hempsmoker25 Registered+

hell yea i tried it a while ago and it was badass, playing the two together is right up there with pink floyd the wall.
  6. Trichocereus Panza

Trichocereus Panza Registered+

It also works with the Easy Star All-Stars album "Dub Side of the Moon." The reggae cover tunes of the whole album go awesome with MJ. :Rasta: They also recorded their album intentionally to synch up with the movie.

If you think about it, this whole phenomenon makes Dark Side like a totally different concept album. The band never affirmed or denied that they did it on purpose, but Roger Waters was always "mysteriously silent" when asked the question. ;)

You can also buy a DVD with the Dark Side audio already PERFECTLY synched here:

Or search ebay for "Dark Side of the Rainbow"
  7. slpntrx5

slpntrx5 Registered+

holy hell, i love the oz scene when she steps into munchkinland and "money" starts playing! lol i always just stare at it's infinite coolness!
  8. daima

daima Registered+

I have the PF CD that is made to be played to the WOOZ. Very neat but the timing has to be right. I won it on a radio sation. very neat, but years old.

9. Nochowderforyou

Nochowderforyou Registered+

Me, my bro, and a co-worker, when I was 17, did this after work one nigh, all wreacked on some beers, some herb, and some shrooms. I can safely say, for those 2hrs, I felt like I was IN the movie. I was dancing with all midgets man! I swear. :p
  10. enthused

enthused Registered+

I downloaded a copy of Wizard of Oz with DSOTM already implemented as the sound a few months ago. It is pretty cool, I wish it went through the whole movie though.
  11. Trichocereus Panza

Trichocereus Panza Registered+

You CAN actually play it through the whole movie, which is what most people don't realize. Just pause the film after the album plays through for the first time, and restart the album at the same time as you unpause the film.

In some ways, the 2nd time through is even better :stoned:
  12. Genuine17

Genuine17 Registered+

yeah ive done it all the way through i just put the album in windows media player on repeat it was intense
  13. TheAtomicPunk

TheAtomicPunk Registered+

I've done this before, it's pretty cool
  14. hex.shaman

hex.shaman Registered+

I just did it tonight. Really awesome. Took a little bit for me to get all rigged up to hear the sound and play the movie. Figured it out after not to long (don't have a stand alone CD player by the TV) I was stoned and enjoyed it. With money playing when she got to Oz I felt like the nice which was a pimp when she poped in with her cain and was all nice about there being a dead body and then all the munchkins were there like her little hos. hahaha it was great.