yay! i can grow 6 plants now...

Discussion in 'Marijuana Strains' started by Evelyn, Nov 15, 2016.

1. Evelyn

Evelyn Registered+

ok, so if you could grow 6 plants, which 6 strains would you choose?
    purps? gsc? g13?, white widow?... so many to choose from

2. redtails

redtails Registered+

I would do 2 strains. 2 mother plants, 1 each in flower and 1 each in veg/rooting.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Evelyn

Evelyn Registered+

thanks for your ideas...
    first, however, i'd like to find those 2 strains that I want to grow...
    so i'd actually like to grow a few strains first to see which ones I like best

• Like Like x 1
  4. Egzoset

Egzoset Registered+

Salutations,

Although 6 sounds like good news i consider that's not so good for a person who would have prefered to finish the harvest before stealing season arrives: e.g. using "autos"...

Maybe there's been progress done with those AF recently but a 4 feet hybrid AF plant still can't be expected to produce the same as a 6 feet "photo-sensitive" one IMO.

Good day, have fun!! :D

• Like Like x 1
  5. tangentweed

tangentweed Registered+

I've been growing 6 plants at a time medicinally indoors for Mrs tangent for 5 years. We've experimented with several strains and for now, settled on three different ones that really help her with condition.
    She mostly enjoys an indica at night for pain relief & sleep. So 2 Afghan Kush's are grown for that.
    For daytime, a good sativa is needed so she can have energy as well as pain management and get done what she needs to, so 2 old school Columbian Gold's are grown for those reasons.
    The other two are a nice sativa/indica cross called Fruity Thai. This one is a great strain to use late afternoon- early evening for relaxation, musical enjoyment and conversation.
    These three seem to be her favorites, but we are always open to suggestions. She suffered a neck injury in a car crash years ago and developed a spinal degenerative condition. Pain and muscle tension relief are a must.

• Like Like x 1
  6. gardenermendo

gardenermendo Registered+

If you have the time to be selective.. visit leafly.com, and look for varieties which have traits you like.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. TheSailor

TheSailor Registered+

It's all about preference it seems and what you expect from your smoke/yield/ease of Grow etc.

If you can purchase or try different genetics, give that a go, and find your favorites and work your way from that.

As mendo said... Leafly is an amazing source of info.

Trial and error is a journey as well. Some places offer variety packs if you can't make up your mind.

Goodluck!

• Like Like x 2