Your Favorite Songs to listen to when you're stoned?

Discussion in 'Music Room' started by PurpnCoke34, Jan 23, 2005.

1. Plumber07

Plumber07 Registered+

Jammen' in the garage.

• Like Like x 4
  2. Plumber07

Plumber07 Registered+

3. Plumber07

Plumber07 Registered+

Had to slip this one in. Who else want's Clapton's hair doo???

• Like Like x 3
  4. TomSawyer2112

TomSawyer2112 Registered+

Back in the old days, a number of parties left me singing this song to myself in my head.

• Like Like x 4
  5. DirtyBlueGene

DirtyBlueGene Registered+

• Like Like x 2
  6. Dutch Pimp

Dutch Pimp Up in Smoke

• Like Like x 2
  7. DirtyBlueGene

DirtyBlueGene Registered+

• Like Like x 3
  8. Buds Buddy

Buds Buddy Registered+

DISTURBED....."Down with the Sickness" & Limp Bizkit...."Eat You Alive"

9. TomSawyer2112

Nazareth sure brings back good memories.

10. Buds Buddy

Buds Buddy Registered+

Nazareth Rocks !!! I have some of it downloaded on my car stereo. Miss Misery is my favorite by them. Gotta love Hair of the Dog though.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. TomSawyer2112

If you’re ever down southwest of Abilene Texas, plug in the CD Hair of the dog while blazed up on some potent Columbian Gold and take a ride through the country side. Don’t know why but those old days are so vivid in my memories. The scenery, the mesas..... the mesquite and cactus. It just works. Get a designated driver though. Texas DPS don’t play and they will blood test you if you’re driving.

12. Buds Buddy

Buds Buddy Registered+

Columbian Gold....LOL....yeah, that's the good ole days...aint heard of that since the 70's or 80's. I'm only a few hours from Texas in Phoenix area. Texas does blood tests for driving stoned ? Wow...I'd fail miserably even if I didn't smoke for 2 weeks. I've been smoking an OZ. a week for at least the past 20 years. Maybe I should drive around Texas next time I go to Illinois instead of through it. I hate the drive through Texas as it takes a whole day just to cross that state it's so damned big. However, I love the speed limits there as I can have fun in my 2014 Mustang GT. Nothing like 120 - 140 mph rush for me. Love street racing !!!

• Funny Funny x 1
  13. TomSawyer2112

If you get pulled over and manage to get asked for a sobriety test they will ask you to breathalyzer. If you refuse they get a warrant and draw blood. At some check points they will ask for both. Also on holidays, it’s a no refusal and you WILL blow at least. But if you refuse, they have a judge on call to sign warrants for blood draws. The rest of the time, it Depends on how well you keep your shit together. My advice is to keep it “yes Sir, No Sir. I like your LED light bar sir, oooh that’s a nice Glock Sir. I’m sorry sir, we were just admiring the cactus sir. Thank you for the warning sir and we really appreciate you guys keeping the drunks off the highways, sir”. Never get smartass. DPS (Texas Troopers and Rangers) has a very thin sense of humor. County deputies can be nice as pie or an utter ballcock. No matter the situation. Be Nice. Don’t have odors in the car and definitely no bottles or cans. Keep your interior super clean. While pulled over, Play Marty robbins or Clint Black or Vince Gill and no rap music or metal. They might make you do a breathalyzer but if you pass and you’re not shit faced or Chinese eyed, they may just write you a warning. And 120MPH will get you locked up in Texas. They have that option I think once you’re 20MPH over the posted limit. I think. Not sure if they changed that law or not. But you’re gonna get all kinds of F’d up if you hit a hog or deer at that speed. Wild hogs are really bad here nowadays. 400 pounders are common in traffic accidents. So just slow down and do the Texas Drawl and enjoy her beauty.

Last edited: May 16, 2018
  14. TomSawyer2112

Speaking of which. What kind of Country music do you like to listen to stoned? I like Willy and Waylon and Hank senior. Marty Robbins, Doug Kershaw or anything Cajun. Bluegrass like Union Station and Allison Kraus goes good when you’re trying to mellow out with the Ladies.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Buds Buddy

Buds Buddy Registered+

I'm a George Straight fan...but like Garth, Alan Jackson, Shania Twain & Tim McGraw back when he was a man (B4 he married Faith Hill & started doing all those B.S. love songs). She ruined his music as far as I'm concerned. He needed to keep doing songs like "Indian Outlaw"....my favorite by him. I don't care much for most the newer singers. There's some good songs by rockers that I consider country songs. Like "Here's to us by Halestorm" & "I hate my Life by (can't remember...they do the song Bad Girlfriend). Check em out on You Tube if you haven't heard them. I'm sure you'll like them. Also...an off the wall singer I like is David Allen Cole.....does a lot of dirty type music that's funny to listen to.

• Like Like x 1
  16. TomSawyer2112

There’s many more C&W that I do like but I don’t like this new pop country trash. I draw the line at around 1998. It’s the very old stuff that I prefer. And some of the 1980s stuff is crap too.
    Then there’s the Southern Rock. Now I can dig most of that stuff. Molly Hatchet, Bad Company, Lynrd Skynrd, Blackfoot, the Eagles. Etc.
    But when it comes to Country music, I tend to like the old stuff more. But Cajun Waltzes, a Cajun Fiddle and good food always go nice with some good mellow weed.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Plumber07

Plumber07 Registered+

There's only two kinds of music, Country and Western... YEE HAW!

Actually I'm into Mark Houston (once upon a time sang for Deep Purple I believe) when it comes to the afore mentioned "types" of music. Interviewed him at a snadwitch shop in Temecula some two decades ago for KWVE. Awesome guy. Lately I've had Jars of Clay BLASTING in my garage. It is what it is.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Buds Buddy

Buds Buddy Registered+

Not sure who Mark Houston is. As far as I know David Coverdale was the singer of Deep Purple.
    We surely like different country music as I personally don't like fiddles in music unless it's Charlie Daniels or Jethro Tull (Ian Anderson). It's funny you don't like a lot of todays country as it's pretty darn close to the country rock bands you mentioned of yesterday. I look at todays country in just that way....it's what we called rock 20 years or so ago. I'm a metal head for the most part as I use to play guitar in bands (till I got married & had a kid). Slowly watched all my equipment go & it hurt so bad I can still feel it. If I could do it over....let's just say my choice would be different. Although I'm a metal head there's one singer that I think made better songs than anyone and that is Harry Chapin ! All his songs tell such great stories... Cats in the Cradle & Taxi are 2 songs I can think of off hand. But then Dolly Pardon did that in her songs also with Jolene, Coat of many colors, etc... She is truly Great !
    I grew up on Marty Robbins, Johnny Cash, Tammy Wynette & the like & when your parents play that stuff over & over all day everyday you tend to not like it as much when you get older. Especially when you grow up in Chicago & the only cowboys there are just playing dress up in my eyes.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  19. TomSawyer2112

We call those plastic cowboys “Goat Ropers”.
    And yeah. My dad listened to that’s stuff. But he also liked the Eagles as well as a few other more modern 70s flower child music (soft rock and folk music). That’s what I call it. Ironic he was a Christian minister. He helped to give me quite an eclectic taste for music. My CD changer would give you whiplash. Which today would probably quite comical while stoned. Never tried it though coz I get random drug tested so I can’t medicate unless it’s something my doctor prescribes to me. Which is fucking ridiculous. I can take hydrocodone and have a hot pee test. But if I test hot for THC, I’m fired. Anyway. That’s a different thread.
    But I can’t wait for it to be legalized. And when it is, I’ll be ready.
    My dad loved Ray Conniff and those Choir type contemporary groups and the carpenters, John Denver, Carol King, Linda Ronstadt and many artists like this. And he gave me a pretty healthy appreciation for these genres. But he also like old time gospel stuff. I really got sick of that kind of music at a very young age. But I do like the Christian Metal and Christian Rock groups. And I can go from Dream theater to Beethoven so fast it would snap your spine. But rap is NOT a part of my tastes. I like Beasty Boys but that’s where I’ll draw the line.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Buds Buddy

Buds Buddy Registered+

Pretty much all the artists you mentioned had hits that I listened to on occasion but was never into. I can get into some Beethoven though. I use to try to play some of it on guitar which is not real easy to do but fun.

• Like Like x 1