Thread: Cannabis in the Lord of the Rings

Light It Up is offline Registered+

Smile Cannabis in the Lord of the Rings

has anyone else noticed this? I've been watching the whole trilogy this week and my brother realized if all the clips of characters smoking pipes in the movie were put together, it would be 10-15 minutes at least. You'll also notice they're always just chilling and always laughing

smoke on

2. Cannabis Seeds | Cannabis Seeds

Cannabis Seeds Delivered World Wide, Top Free Seeds with ALL orders. 

Medical Marijuana Dispensary Finder

Medical Marijuana Directory

ToDrunkToFish is offline Registered+
    It would be crazy to smoke weed in a world like LOTR:

Smokin with midgets warlocks and elves, along with giant trees and dragons. And then look at fireworks that move around.
    Every post I make that pertains to illegal substances is just a joke, and nothing but a joke. Im doing it to look cool to my Cannabis.com members because I have no real-life friends. Now get the fuck off me!

Some people smoke the nicest greens.
    Some people smoke them in-betweens
    Some people smoke just stems and seeds
    But we all smoke to get high!

Ghengis Chron is offline Registered+
    It's not cannabis, but it is a type of weed. I remember the scene in the fellowship when Bilbo and Gandalf are smoking their pipes and Gandalf blows his smoke into the shape of a ship.
    The remembrance of today, is the sad feelin of tomorrow
    -Bob Marley

I read somewhere, how important it is in life, not necessarily to be strong, but to feel strong. To measure yourself at least once, to find yourself at least once in the most ancient of human conditions - Into the Wild

Light It Up is offline Registered+
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghengis Chron View Post
    It's not cannabis, but it is a type of weed. I remember the scene in the fellowship when Bilbo and Gandalf are smoking their pipes and Gandalf blows his smoke into the shape of a ship.
    haha I remember thinking "man would he be cool to get high with"

IamEmery is offline Registered+
    smokin it up with gandalf, wow this forum kicks ass

McLeodGanja is offline Banned
    It sure as hell is a reference to cannabis, isn't it? Of course they can't say it is explicitly that, oh what is it they are saying, it's a type of weed that people smoke in the LORT universe, it has exactly the same effect as cannabis, but it's not the same thing, right....

Sir Bliss is offline Registered+
    I'm sure J.R.R. Tolkien smoked up all the time. How do you think he came up with half that stuff?

Gotta kick the creative juices into the overdrive somehow.

dragonrider is offline Registered+
    They smoke "Pipe Weed" in Middle Earth, and the Hobbits grow the best pipe weed there is. The South Farthing pipe weed from the Shire is some kick-ass pipe weed --- even Saruman had it imported into Isengard all the way from the Shire.

In Middle Earth they are into all kinds of freaky psychotropic substances, even some we don't talk about here. One of my favorite scenes is when the hobbits are running away from a farmer hobbit, and they fall down a hill, and when they come to rest, one of them yells out, "Mushrooms!" I'm pretty sure he wouldn't have been so excited if they were just portabellas.

dragonrider is offline Registered+
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Bliss View Post
    I'm sure J.R.R. Tolkien smoked up all the time. How do you think he came up with half that stuff?

Gotta kick the creative juices into the overdrive somehow.
    The edition of the books that I had when I was a kid had a picture of Tolkien on the back. He was holding a pipe and smiling.

yiGity is offline Registered+
    clerks 2 explains everything about lord of the rings