Cannabis.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Perfect Temperature for Vape.

Landen18 is offline Registered

Perfect Temperature for Vape.

I have recently purchased a vape, i do not know the make of it accept it is called incense burner The Ultimate Vaporizer Machine. I have been using it at 375 degrees Fahrenheits. after letting it heat up for like 7 mins i put the cannabis inside and it begins to vape. The smoke or w.e is kinda thick.
    I think i may be putting it on too high, I also use this little glass pice somtimes, its just like the lightbulb method, it seemed to get me a lot higher then when i use my vape, when i exhale the smoke i cant see anything and it seems to get me a lot more ripped.

Does anyone have a digital vaporizer who can give me a better temperature to put it at?

-thanks

2. Cannabis Seeds | Cannabis Seeds

Cannabis Seeds Delivered World Wide, Top Free Seeds with ALL orders. 

Medical Marijuana Dispensary Finder

Medical Marijuana Directory

JerryBerries420 is offline Registered+
    yea id love to know the same thing

herbal meditation is offline Registered
    In Cannabis, the temperature range across which the actives will vaporize is at least 132 degrees F starting at around 260F where only aromatic compounds of minimal bioactivity will release and going all the way up to 392F with the higher end of this range representing where the cannabinoids of higher bioactivity appear to be released.
    Wikipedia: Vaporizer

Although I like it best between 200-280 degrees.

wareagle is offline Registered
    170 deg C is were THC goes to Vapor.

least amount of waste since you do "cook" the weed at 170.

I normally run 5-8 hits at 170 then bag the used weed.

When times are tough, I do re-run the used weed At 180-190 To finish it off. But the weed does not last long at that temp your not going to get many hits before It turns black/brown its alot closer to smokeing at that temp then Vaporizing.

FlyGuyOU is offline Registered+
    Quote Originally Posted by wareagle View Post
    170 deg C is were THC goes to Vapor.

170 C is fucking hot i think you mean 170F

TheDefiler is offline Registered+
    na these things go up to like 400F so ya 170C sounds about right.

And ya....375F is way too hot. Not sure what the best setting is, but ive seen people set em at 280F and get good results. But even that might be too hot...i don't have alot of experience with vapes but i thought id throw out my ideas.

Stay High!
    Last edited by TheDefiler; Nov-11-2007 at 09:03.

LongIsland420 is offline Registered+
    i think THC vaporizes at 360, so i keep mine at that temperature

Rapidfire187 is offline Registered+
    Who the hell gave this thread a five star rating?

Joe vs. Kobashi > this thread.

smokeweed420 is offline Registered+
    i ususally hit mine around 222F and have found good results.. it seems to cook the erb much slower and allows me to get much more of tasty, less smoky vapor hit off a:thumbsup single bowl.

vapefiend is offline Registered+
    You can't depend on the cheap digital boxes having an accurate temp reading. You certainly can't compare one brand to another. Even two boxes of the same brand won't necessarily read the same. There are only a handful of (expensive) digital models that will accurately display the true temp of the bowl contents during vaping. You have to find the vaping range on your particular vape-the point where you start to get vapor (a little low) and the point where the vapor process turns the herb black (too hot). Somewhere in between is where you need to be-the herb remains should be brown and your final hits shouldn't be really harsh.

PoeticLogic is offline Registered

Talking Testing Temps

I have a Easy Vape I got like a week and a half ago new for $70 at a shop in Denver. Digital read out with range from 200-400F.

I was told 370F from the guy at the store. Way too much smoke. I tried 275, still a bit too much smoke, tried 250 and got down to 236, seemed to worked good, but still a bit of smoke.

I'm going to try 220-225 range next time.

Keep you posted on what seems to work best for me and my Easy Vape

lwien123 is offline Registered+
    Quote Originally Posted by PoeticLogic View Post
    I have a Easy Vape I got like a week and a half ago new for $70 at a shop in Denver. Digital read out with range from 200-400F.

I was told 370F from the guy at the store. Way too much smoke. I tried 275, still a bit too much smoke, tried 250 and got down to 236, seemed to worked good, but still a bit of smoke.

I'm going to try 220-225 range next time.

Keep you posted on what seems to work best for me and my Easy Vape
    Vapefiend said it above, but it's worth repeating. The digital readouts on these vapes mean nothing. They don't accurately report the correct temp, and they not only vary from unit to unit, but may actually vary from day to day.

So being that you can't depend on the readout giving you accurate info, just go by the color of the ABV (already been vaped) bud to decide how high or low to set that temp dial. Golden brown to dark brown........perfect.
    Black...........too hot. Green.............too low.

325 degrees F ... (I used my laser thermometer, to compare with the vaporizer settings)
    Last edited by the image reaper; Jun-02-2009 at 10:12.

cmasfca is offline Registered+
    Although I change the temperature depending on how wet the bud is, my volcano sits right around 390F with no combustion at all. Hell, that's the temp the volcano is at in my avatar
    Hurricane meet Volcano. Watch the forces of nature combine!

Quote Originally Posted by cmasfca View Post
    Although I change the temperature depending on how wet the bud is, my volcano sits right around 390F with no combustion at all. Hell, that's the temp the volcano is at in my avatar
    oh, well, I'd go by the avatar's recommendation, then ...

allday420 is offline Registered
    will my aromazap says it runs under 400 so on my freinds natural goods we usally let the wand heat up to about 385 for regular shwag and for good stuff about 375 its starts to vape pretty good

Quote Originally Posted by FlyGuyOU View Post
    170 C is fucking hot i think you mean 170F
    Actually, 170 C is a little low. 170 F won't get you any vapor at all.

If you've got a good digital vape (usually $400 or more) like Vaporfection, Aromed, Volcano (even the analog Classic is very accurate), etc., then you can talk vaping temp. If you have a cheap digital (even the Natural Goods unit reads the whip temp, so you have to preheat to have any chance for accuracy), the display should be used for a reference point only. For a good temp on these vapes, you should use it like an analog vape. Find your vaping range and use a setting that gives you good vapor, preferably without turning your herb black.

Quote Originally Posted by the image reaper
    325 degrees F ... (I used my laser thermometer, to compare with the vaporizer settings)
    Can you check the temp while you're hitting the vape? Measuring temp without airflow won't give you the true vaping temp.

smokin dope is offline Registered+
    had volcano digital for almost a year now and alot of experimenting, mostly have used my vape at 370-385 f. been having coughing issues lately so have started vaping in the 340-350 range, much better
    im on that light green

fudge123 is offline Registered
    Quote Originally Posted by smokin dope View Post
    had volcano digital for almost a year now and alot of experimenting, mostly have used my vape at 370-385 f. been having coughing issues lately so have started vaping in the 340-350 range, much better
    Coughing when having a good vapor hit is not uncommon. It's actually the thc that makes you cough, and sometimes it can sound really hacking

As long as you are not combusting, which you should be able to tell by the taste, it is fine.

started vaping in the 340-350 range
    That's generally considered a little low. Vapes with fixed temps are set around 370-380.

CA NORML Health Information

smokin dope is offline Registered+
    Quote Originally Posted by fudge123 View Post
    Coughing when having a good vapor hit is not uncommon. It's actually the thc that makes you cough, and sometimes it can sound really hacking

As long as you are not combusting, which you should be able to tell by the taste, it is fine.
    im on that light green

VapedG13 is offline Registered+
    There is no perfect vaping temperature....different strains producer thicker vapor at different temps.

My old school 92 skunk loves 355*F my wife has asthma she vapes at 340-345.....Sour D does good on 365*-370*

The higher the temperature of the vapor, the harsher the vapor will be... a bag @ 365* will be smoother than a bag @ 385*

what makes a person cough is the hot air of the vapor hiitting your throat....if I hit the vapor through a ice bong its alot smoother cause your cooling the vapor
    Last edited by VapedG13; Aug-18-2009 at 21:00.

lwien123 is offline Registered+
    And even within the same strain, if one batch is a bit dryer than the other, the dryer batch would require a lower temp and a more moist batch would require a higher temp, right?

For me, I say fuck all that shit. Wayyyy too much fiddling around for me. I just wanna simply vape and get blazed so a fixed vape temp within the vape range (365f-395f) from a great vape does the trick for me.
    MicheleHHP likes this.

tendril is offline Registered
    Quote Originally Posted by http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vaporizer
    When one considers that there are at least 60 pharmacologically-active compounds in cannabis and that the aromatic terpenoids begin to vaporize at 126C [258.8F], but the more bio-active cannabidiol (CBD), Cannabinol (CBN), and delta-9-tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) do not vaporize until near their respective flash points: CBD 206.3C [403.3F],[6] CBN 212.7C [414.9F],[7] THC 149.3C[8] [300.7F] then it becomes apparent that the only way to get a full spectrum vapor inhalation is to extract and deliver rapidly from a small sample at a time. Because most commercial vaporizers are slow in extraction and delivery, the vapor inhaled is first aromatic, but only minimally active; and then as the plant material temperature rises, the vapor becomes increasingly bio-active, but minimally aromatic, because most of the aromatics have already been released.......

/snip/

...Smoking means pyrolysis, so tar and noxious gas from cannabis combustion are absent in properly temperature constrained vapor. In addition, THC is a powerful expectorant, so the cilia, cough and other healthy airways defense mechanisms will be activate, cleaning out any inhaled material. Contrast this with tobacco, which contains nicotine, an anticholinergic acting mainly on the ganglion type nicotinic receptor, which has the effect of inactivating the cleaning physiological mechanisms. Vaporizers or vaporization systems that feature rapid extraction and delivery combined with water or ice cooling and conditioning of the vapor deliver the best of all: clean, concentrated, cool, and moisturized vapor for maximized bio-activity and minimized impact.

really good article, that

Don't forget peeps that it isn't just THC we are after but the combination of compounds....

I'm using an Aromed and vaping half a joints worth in one hit , starting at 205C [401F] and finishing at 220C [428F]in 5 increments. This gets all the psychoactive compounds pretty much at the same time.
    Last edited by tendril; Aug-26-2009 at 10:02.

Glugglug is offline Registered+
    Thank you ,your info was very useful. I'm getting much more productive results loading less and vaporizing at a higher temp.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast