Thread: MMJ Card?

synergy46 is offline Registered

Question MMJ Card?

I have just gotten a MMJ prescription from my doc. He also signed a 'consent' form for a dispensary. I have not talked with a dispensary yet.

What is the deal with state issued MMJ cards; @ $200? I am wondering "if I have a doctor written prescription and signed form, why do I need one?

I live in Washington State.

gypski is offline Registered+
    Quote Originally Posted by synergy46 View Post
    I have just gotten a MMJ prescription from my doc. He also signed a 'consent' form for a dispensary. I have not talked with a dispensary yet.

What is the deal with state issued MMJ cards; @ $200? I am wondering "if I have a doctor written prescription and signed form, why do I need one?

Prescriptions for cannabis are not legal. Doctors cannot prescribe cannabis. Authorizations/recommendations are legal and can be written by licensed doctors in Washington State.

BakeeFried is offline Registered
    Quote Originally Posted by synergy46 View Post

You NEED the card from the state to remain in compliance with the law. To get the card in the first place - is why you need the doctors certification - so he can certify to the state you have a debilitating condition that he believes marijuana may help with. The state is not any position to determine WHO is eligible medically - unless they wish to hire their own doctors. Like that would fly in ANY state.

$200 though? That's CRAZY. Montana's card fee just dropped to $25 processing fee last fall - right after I paid like $50. No matter wht - pay yer fee and GET LEGAL - you are not legal until you have that card in your hand.

mugenbao is offline Registered+
    Quote Originally Posted by BakeeFried View Post
    $200 though? That's CRAZY.
    It is indeed, but it is standard here. If your regular doc won't write a rec, and many won't and I don't really blame them, you have few options. The few places that specialize in mmj recommendations all seem to charge that amount. They're all pretty much the same for the most part, and all of them have pretty serious problems with credibility or management, but that's what's available to many patients.

killerweed420 is offline Banned
    There is no "state card" in Washington thank god. All you need is the doctor signed authorization. Some places are giving out cards with the authorizations but its kind of unclear whether those are actually legal documents. I prefer just having a copy of my authorization in my wallet. And yeah $200 is bullshit but thats what most of us are paying.

WashougalWonder is offline Registered+
    Quote Originally Posted by BakeeFried View Post
    You NEED the card from the state to remain in compliance with the law.
    We don't have 'cards' here in WA, the law is just a letter of recommendation.

Most docs are scared poohless to write the note, so a few clinics do it for a fee
    Natural Spider Mite Control
    Trouble shooting form

Thank you Lord for this green thumb, I so love to grow your gift of cannabis.