For those of you who haven't been paying attention to the bill, there have been some heinous amendments proposed... If it passes with these amendments, this is what will happen:
- People will no longer be able to participate in collective gardens.
- There may only be one dispensary per county.
- Dispensers must forward records of who gets their meds every month to the DOH. Who gets access to this information?
- “Authorizes DOH and DOA to produce, process, and dispense all cannabis for medical use in Washington.” This is the PRIVATIZATION of the medical cannabis industry in Washington State. They also have the right to put whatever price they want on the medicine. Patients who can barely afford it now will be priced out of the market. It will not be cheap... guaranteed.
- If you have children, you can no longer use cannabis for medical purposes.
- If you aren’t on the registry they can do whatever they want to you, because the only thing the law will check is your registration. They will not validate your paperwork before they take you to jail.
- Makes it a misdemeanor (not a civil infraction) to visually have medical cannabis in public, whether you are using it or not.
- “Removes the protections from searches for qualifying patients registered with the Department of Health (DOH). Removes the protections from being taken into custody or booked into jail for qualifying patients with valid documentation, but who are not registered with DOH (retains the affirmative defense).”
- Disqualifies anyone with ANY kind of felony to work in the cannabis industry, even if it’s cannabis-related.
So basically, they will PRIVATIZE MEDICAL CANNABIS IN WASHINGTON STATE and can treat you like a sex offender (and if you don't register you get treated like a criminal.) This isn't all they are proposing, so go educate yourself if you know what's good for you. I don't even live in WA state and I still think this is horrendous.
SB 5073 - 2011-12
Go to the bottom of the page and click on each indented amendment individually. It's a travesty.